Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    A 2.2k rating cap in arena is not the same as 2.2k in rbgs. Not all specs have a shot at getting in 2.2k rbgs. Capping low mmr rbg will not make up the difference. Simple stuff.
    RBGs also require more people than arenas, there is a reason for the gap. Also having 2.2k in arenas there shouldn't be a reason for you to have and need to do RBGs, infact with a personal rating of 1752 you can earn the same amount of Conquest as your RBG cap if you do not do RBGs.
    Last edited by Zots; 2013-02-05 at 06:48 AM.

If the stats hold up, people already with elite gear will need to wait 8 weeks to upgrade their gear. They'll be capped at 5000 conquest in the meantime(from what GC said).

Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    I'm confused, what do specs have anything to do with how much conquest you can cap weekly? Anyways, I agree that some specs have a difficult time getting into RBGs but there are also arenas. I also don't understand what you mean by "can't" when it comes to not doing RBGs. Can you do Reg BG Premades? Can you add a friend through their battletag? Can you read Trade Chat for Low MMR RBG groups? I mean there is also an IRC for RBGs (battlemasters.org) and there is even an addon called oQueue. When saying you cannot do RBGs that's just laziness talking imo.

Oh and if you don't do RBGs, why the heck would need the top end gear for PvP?
    You're never going to understand, so there's no point in trying to explain it, obviously. All I'm going to say is go get a Ret Paladin or Enhance Shaman alt and try to get into a 2200+ RBG team. You'll never do it unless you fuck the leader or you're Vanguards or something like that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably be changed. Blizzard isn't this dumb (I hope).
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    Cap arenas. 1 RBG win for full cap. If you don't care about your rating this should be extremely easy to accomplish. You are clueless.
    This is wrong, or at least not right.
    E.g. 2k rating in RBGs is much easier than 2k in arena, also considering the fact that you get a higher conquest point cap with RBGs.
    Atm I stand at around 2k RBG, which wasn really hard to achieve, only did like 15-20 games with a mediocre grp from 1600-2k.

In Arena, I have a much lower rating with investing much more time.
    I can do around 2,2k points with Arena, the other 1k points, I have to do with RBGs, so at least 3 wins.
    Last edited by mmoca1bc9cb6f0; 2013-02-05 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    If the stats hold up, people already with elite gear will need to wait 8 weeks to upgrade their gear. They'll be capped at 5000 conquest in the meantime(from what GC said).
    Not quite correct, last thing I've seen the new set is 3-4 ilevel higher then the current upgraded one. So exchanging a few pieces, then pooling up 5000 conquest points and immediatly swapping to the new gear might be the best choice. Also you might need the T1 conquest weapon to hand in for the new one, that's another few points you can spend on something.

All in all I think your conquest point cap should be influenced by how many you can make per week. Someone with an higher rating should have a higher max cap.

People who dont have t2 complaining that good players have better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    This is wrong, or at least not right.
    E.g. 2k rating in RBGs is much easier than 2k in arena, also considering the fact that you get a higher conquest point cap with RBGs.
    Atm I stand at around 2k RBG, which wasn really hard to achieve, only did like 15-20 games with a mediocre grp from 1600-2k.

In Arena, I have a much lower rating with investing much more time.
    I can do around 2,2k points with Arena, the other 1k points, I have to do with RBGs, so at least 3 wins.
    I feel like you didn't understand my post at all. I'm talking about if you don't run RBGs and only run arenas. You are just adding variables that don't even need to be there.

If you have RBG rating of 2k it sounds like you have fairly good RBG group. So to my understanding you shouldn't really need to EVER run arenas strictly for points because you have a competent RBG group.

I don't know why you even posted because everything you said is irrelevant to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    This is pretty spot on.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 01:40 AM ----------

What specs aren't capable of 2.2k in rbg just for clarification?
    Have you tried getting into Rbgs as ret?

Deleted
    gear is just a big joke this expansion they wont look into it or try fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    gear is just a big joke this expansion they wont look into it or try fix it.
    pvp balance is a big joke this expansion. gear is just a minor brain fart in comparison to the retarded "balancing" going on...

That is really bad. It means that this seasons heavily imbalanced stuff will continue to be an issue for MONTHS to come.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    Have you tried getting into Rbgs as ret?
    I've tried as mutilate, combat, and sub. Sure wish I could spec holy...

What if we upgrade the tyrannical weapons ? Would it be worth getting them then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kjw21 View Post
    What if we upgrade the tyrannical weapons ? Would it be worth getting them then?
    You cant upgrade in 5.2. Im going to get full tyrannical gear and work towards getting enough conquest points so i can buy tyrannical elite weapons directly
    because my upgraded malevolent-weps will be good until then!

I dont see the fuss, 100 pvp power will make little to no difference, i for one am happy that my 2.2 wep will be better than the T1 tyrancial so i dont have to waste CP getting it straight away and can focus completely on gear!