Poll: Your favorite class for Tanking?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warrior tanking has a nice feel to it.

On a side note: I miss Frost DK tanking .

Awesome posts and voting, please keep it going

I'm into DK because I hate people, basically.
    As a DK, I'm rarely dependent on other people's competence the way I was when I tanked as a Warrior, which is a major boon to me.

I obviously need heals on a DK just as much as I did on a Warrior, but now if I don't get them I can frequently just do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    Not a good question design. You should be more specific.

My favorite leveling tank is Warrior. Thunderclap at 10 means you can sail through content and practically run solo dungeons by yourself. It's the best tank ability by far. All other tanks are a nightmare by comparison. Druids don't get swipe until...hell they keep moving it, I think it's in the mid 20s. Paladin tanks don't get the AoE Hammer until 30! And DK's don't get Death and Decay until 60.

Do you like to tab target? I sure don't. It's a fucking miserable way to tank and you might as well just abandon the idea of holding aggro or neatly piling mobs for quick AoE on any tank but a warrior. Plus, once Blood and Thunder arrives in the mid 40s, your DPS sails off the charts and in full heirlooms you probably will do 2-3 times more overall damage than the entire rest of the group put together.

However...when it comes to the end game...I love the DK "we heard you like cooldowns so we gave you cooldowns and cooldowns and oh yeah, have some more cooldowns" that combine with their phenomenal self-healing allow them to pull off the clutch rescue or solo the last few percent of that boss to avoid a wipe or run through old content singing "tra la la" and pulling the whole instance.

So for 1-80 powerleveling, my refer-a-friend is always a Warrior tank. But for my own enjoyment, I've been a blood DK tank since the very beginning of Wrath they were made fun of for being the "wrong" tank spec and I'm still one to this day.
    BrM Monks while leveling is pretty OP when it comes to dps, Spinning Crane Kick at like 46, keg smash at like 20

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior. Charges, Leaps, Intervene, i like warr mobility, not to mention it's my favorite class overall

Deleted
    Even tho I was a druid tank since the beginning of cata, I always liked warrior more. I only stayed with druid because I liked the healing aswell. Right now I don't tank anymore tho, I really don't like the new tanking on any tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior was the most interesting tanking class when I did my share of tanking. I'm not a big fan of tanking though and see it as a job, while healing is fun to me.

druid ftw.

I enjoy monks a lot, but deekays are probably my favourite. Death Strike is just such a satisfying ability to use, most of the other active mitigation abilities feel sort of passive or flimsy by comparison. The amount of short cooldowns is a lot of fun as well, it always feels like you have something ready to pop in an emergency.

I wish they'd kept shield of... whatever it's called (the paladin mitigation ability) as a block % increase. Reduced damage is more elegant design-wise, but nothing felt more satisfying than popping holy shield back in the day and hearing that *clunk clunk clunk* of every attack being blocked.
    I do love paladin tanks still, but since mine is my main I tend to have a "grass is greener" view of the other tanks.

Deleted
    DK for sure. I will never forget the moment when the whole raid died vs feng at about 5%ish and I still managed to kill him. Or just think of all the fights that need just one tank at a time doing his stuff. you taunt and have your hp as bloodshield ^_^

Oh, and what is more epic than playing an Undead DK named Jêbus (hope you get that joke )

Monk Tanks seem very interesting and funny to me

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Monk Tanks seem very interesting and funny to me
    Fun or Funny?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Fun or Funny?
    Fun I guess, since they do insane dmg. I haven't played BrM and have just tanked together with just one guy, but he did twice the dmg I did. Well, that was kind of funny to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Fun or Funny?
    interesting = fun (imo)

funny = being drunk and spewing fire while dodging attacks xD

Druids used to be amazing. But now... ( quivers ). Its a shame how they disfigured the druid tank aspect. So broken.

I have never played a DK but Im not surprised they are #1. They are the "John Cena" class of WoW lol. They are so OP in both pve and pvp its hard to not want to play them just for the added advantage. I do miss Paladin tanking and I do have a Warrior tank.

So Im gonna say Warrior Tank.

Seems DKs so far have the definite lead

Poor Bears...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a 'lock... but I've got a character of every class, just to test out the game. From a "non-professional" tank, then...

I tanked on a DK back in Wrath... while it was fun being able to tank in all three specs, I didn't enjoy the DK class itself. My level 85 DK these days is a banker alt only.

I tanked on a paladin (heroic instances only, no raids) briefly in Wrath: didn't like it at all. I do enjoy healing on a pally, though...

I tanked on a druid (heroic instances only, no raids) throughout Wrath and Cata: it was alright, but didn't "click" with me. I have an on-again/off-again relationship with druids... some times I like them, some times I hate them.

I tank on a monk (heroic instances only, no raids). LOVING this character. The tanking style is a wonderful mix of active and passive defenses, which really seem to fit a play-style I enjoy. If I weren't already so invested in my main (and if my guild needed another tank) I'd probably flip to this as my main.

Perhaps the incoming changes in 5.2 will make Monks more popular, but i got no idea how is Blizz gonna make Bear tanks exist at all...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Monk and Druid.

Because screw having to build a tank set and dps set.
    ^^ This 10char