Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Quit WoW in 2010 and want to come back - good decision?

Hello,

I'm currently thinking about returning to WoW. I quitted in the summer of 2010 when ICC was the highest raid instance available, just a few week before some new instance was released (I think the new one was next to Sartharion?). I quitted because my girlfriend who also played lost the interest and after not playing for two weeks I didn't miss anything. I played quite casually in WotLK, did semi-random raids (10 and 25 people, although I had a fixed group for 10 man raids) but I liked it and raided with all of my characters (mage, priest, druid, paladin of which only my mage was a damage dealer).

Since then I didn't play multi player games except for Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 but quite often I found it dull and repetitive. Thinking back to WoW, I remember that I almost always had something to do, some goal I could work towards. I raided enthusiastically in Vanilla and BC and made a personal change in my gaming habit which made Wrath of the Casual quite appealing to me.

What do you think: Will a return to WoW in the current state make me happy? How much has the game changed during the last two expansions? I read an article just before MoP that described the new simplified talent system and although I was disappointed initially I began to like it after playing Diablo 3 and it's simplified talent system for some time. What else has changed? What do you miss when remembering the early years of WoW and what new additions do you like? Do you think one can return to WoW after 2,5 years?

I know this question is hard to answer but any opinion is appreciated!

Greetings,
    simply mod

One does not simply quit wow, as seen here.

Activate the 10 day free trial and try it out.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    No one can answer for you if WoW can make you happy. Only you can. I recommend trying out the trial.

Does the 10 day trial allow me to play my old account?

Don't do it. I have quit a few times myself and regret going back each time (currently 6 mo dry lol)

Some will tell you Blizzard sucks and hates it's player base and WoW is the worst thing ever and pandas are silly and blah blah blah. Then some will come in and blindly, borderline angrily, defend the corporation they love. Others will take the time to collectively inform you on what they personally like and dislike, but will say overall they are enjoying themselves or else they wouldn't be playing. The vast majority will remain silent, having a grand ol' time playing the game the way they like to with good friends; completely unaware you are even calling for their advice.

As such, just do some research on Cata and MoP yourself. If you like the features and lore you see then give it a go. If not, carry on my wayward son.

http://www.wowpedia.org/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm

http://www.wowpedia.org/World_of_War...ts_of_Pandaria
    Last edited by Nesingwary-Eliada; 2013-02-04 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    until they remove CRZ its never a good time to come back imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    until they remove CRZ its never a good time to come back imo
    Hence why we're saying for him to trial it and see how he likes it.

All you can do is try it, OP.

If you hate it, you hate it.

If you like it, you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, i did the same, quit in wotlk and just returned on 11th of Jan, welcome back
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simply mod View Post
    Does the 10 day trial allow me to play my old account?
    You might have to check on Blizzards website. You can have a scroll of resurrection deal through someone you still know. That enables your account to be played. And you can still decide then, whether you want to remain in the game. I don't know if you can check out the zones from 85 - 90 tho without owning a MoP registration.

MoP definitely improved the amounts of things to do dramatically. There's no need to go serious, hardcore or semi-hardcore. You can play at your own leisure, and can slowly even get decent gear without ever needing to set foot in any raid instance. Granted, it takes longer if you don't, but you still get some. you can do raids through LFR search tool. which lets you see the raid content on a toned down rather easy mode.
    Plethora of dailies in the game now. Lots of fun stuff to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Activate the 10 day free trial and try it out.
    Lol no, trial shows you almost nothing.

You haven't played for quite some time, and each I have a break from wow and i return, it becomes fun for some time! Ofcourse this is with me, i don't know about you But i think WoW is worth it, atleast in my opinion: I don't pvp, i do dailies and achievements and hang out with friends / guildmates.

Deleted
    Save the money!!! The game is crap now compared to before!!!

Not worth it.

I was at the mall the other day i saw a shop was selling MoP collector's editions for a 25% discount + 60 days card (which made it worth around 50% of the original price). Mists is a huge flop and the Q4 numbers will show it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily, you missed Cataclysm, the worst expansion so far.

MoP is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Not worth it.

I was at the mall the other day i saw a shop was selling MoP collector's editions for a 25% discount + 60 days card (which made it worth around 50% of the original price). Mists is a huge flop and the Q4 numbers will show it.
    And if they don't?

Don't listen to him. He mindlessly hates Blizzard, and makes it his crusade to make sure anyone interested or wants to enjoy the game again doesn't. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time you 'quit', the major urge to play goes.

Come back, play for a couple of months and then you wil probably want the unsub until another expansion.

Once the social side dies, it's just not that fun.

Deleted
    Yes. I believe "Mists of Pandaria" is the best expansion so far and you will not be disappointed.

In order to enjoy it, you would have to buy and play trough the Cataclysm content, though.
    But trust me, that part is not even half as bad as people make it to be

To be honest this new expansion is trash as far as storyline and game content. Game mechanics wise WOW keeps getting better. I liked Cataclysm and WOTLK, I just dont understand this new expansion, it seems to be all silliness. I got fed up with this new wow expansion and went back to ddo online, I felt that was a good choice.