Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Yes. I believe "Mists of Pandaria" is the best expansion so far and you will not be disappointed.

In order to enjoy it, you would have to buy and play trough the Cataclysm content, though.
    But trust me, that part is not even half as bad as people make it to be
    The levelling for Cata is fine.

Just..some of the End Game decisions weren't.

Some being most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    The first time you 'quit', the major urge to play goes.

Come back, play for a couple of months and then you wil probably want the unsub until another expansion.

Once the social side dies, it's just not that fun.
    This is so true. I'm playing just to keep my current guild together--Sounds big headed but it's the truth. Damn 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    To be honest this new expansion is trash as far as storyline and game content. Game mechanics wise WOW keeps getting better. I liked Cataclysm and WOTLK, I just dont understand this new expansion, it seems to be all silliness. I got fed up with this new wow expansion and went back to ddo online, I felt that was a good choice.
    How is the storyline in an expansion where the story telling is in its prime trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Don't listen to him. He mindlessly hates Blizzard, and makes it his crusade to make sure anyone interested or wants to enjoy the game again doesn't. =/
    I just remember when it used to be good. That's all.

You've walked away from it before when interest waned. A one month sub costs $15. Less then a trip to the movie theater. Give it a go, and if your interests aren't peaked....walk away again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I just remember that it used to be good. That's all.
    For you. Yet you feel a need to trounce on other people when they want to enjoy the game still. That's the only reason I call you out.

No problem with people who have different opinions or thoughts, but when you needlessly feel a need to turn people away from something when they may actually like something you don't, and not give them a chance to experience it, I have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by simply mod View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently thinking about returning to WoW. I quitted in the summer of 2010 when ICC was the highest raid instance available, just a few week before some new instance was released (I think the new one was next to Sartharion?). I quitted because my girlfriend who also played lost the interest and after not playing for two weeks I didn't miss anything. I played quite casually in WotLK, did semi-random raids (10 and 25 people, although I had a fixed group for 10 man raids) but I liked it and raided with all of my characters (mage, priest, druid, paladin of which only my mage was a damage dealer).

Since then I didn't play multi player games except for Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 but quite often I found it dull and repetitive. Thinking back to WoW, I remember that I almost always had something to do, some goal I could work towards. I raided enthusiastically in Vanilla and BC and made a personal change in my gaming habit which made Wrath of the Casual quite appealing to me.

What do you think: Will a return to WoW in the current state make me happy? How much has the game changed during the last two expansions? I read an article just before MoP that described the new simplified talent system and although I was disappointed initially I began to like it after playing Diablo 3 and it's simplified talent system for some time. What else has changed? What do you miss when remembering the early years of WoW and what new additions do you like? Do you think one can return to WoW after 2,5 years?

I know this question is hard to answer but any opinion is appreciated!

Greetings,
    simply mod

I would recommend getting one month subscription if you don't feel like playing on a trial account for few days. You are not going to get much objective feedback here to be honest. The best way is to play it yourself preferably on your own characters of higher level and make your own decision. You don't need to buy expansions to get a feel of all the changes such as new talent systems and stat changes. After that you will be able to make a call to wether buy expansions or move on. Another suggestion would be watching some of the "class changes for 4.0, 5.0" etc on the youtube to get a better understanding of the changes that happened over the 2,5 years you were away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FixDestruNow View Post
    Save the money!!! The game is crap now compared to before!!!
    Not worth it.
    I was at the mall the other day i saw a shop was selling MoP collector's editions for a 25% discount + 60 days card (which made it worth around 50% of the original price). Mists is a huge flop and the Q4 numbers will show it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    To be honest this new expansion is trash as far as storyline and game content. Game mechanics wise WOW keeps getting better. I liked Cataclysm and WOTLK, I just dont understand this new expansion, it seems to be all silliness. I got fed up with this new wow expansion and went back to ddo online, I felt that was a good choice.
    I just remember when it used to be good. That's all.
    This is an example of why these kind of threads are just a terrible idea.

There is a difference between constructive criticism of World of Warcraft in an effort to help someone decide and just game bashing. Saying "WoW is trash" or "the game is crap" is not even close to it.

Closing.