View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good change to Professions?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like the changes.

    160 66.12%
  • No I like Professions as they are.

    35 14.46%
  • I don't mind if they stay the same or change.

    31 12.81%
  • I think there is a better way to make professions less hassle - tell us your ideas below!

    16 6.61%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    WoW has to put in past content skips, because multi expansion tradeskills are just too complicated and time consuming for the average American/European.
    /sigh.
    No, they just aren't relevant. If you're gona spend time farming obsolete mats and making obsolete gear which won't sell in the AH and only serve as wasted bag space you vendor its not a very compelling method. Blizz should've made older materials relevant to newer things but they didn't. At least now current stuff serves a purpose and the junk you make is designed specifically to sell. You can farm up a lot of ghost iron for a task. Less high levels flying around CRZ making it harder for lowbies to level their mining, and so on. Mining will still serve a purpose as prospecting old gems is still necessary to raise JC.

  2. #82
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You act like it takes long to do it anyway. They have gone back and lowered the amount of mats needed for old Xpacs already. This will just streamline things even further. If you motivation behind want this change is "because it will be less work" that does indeed touch on laziness. Regardless, this change isn't "fun." There is no neat little mini game. Instead of buy old mats, or farming old mats, you will just need to buy more current mats, or farm more current mats. Its just making the old world more and more transparent.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 04:14 PM ----------



    Of course I want everything to be fun and immersive, but this change doesn't do that, and doesn't aim to do that. Its about streamlining, and making things easier. Its about just taking the old world out of the equation. You can just sit at sunsong ranch now, grow some ghost iron and level up your BSing. You can sit at sunsong ranch and buy all your cooking mats and go straight from 1-max. Please don't try to masquerade this as a fun change, or a challenging change, and don't pretend like the intention behind this change is anything like that.
    My Quote:
    The current change (ghost iron) doesn't solve this issue, but it does help out in the meantime, till such a day comes when/if Blizzard decides to overhaul the proffs.
    I know quite well this change doesn't solve it, however for -now- it helps with the tedium.
    I'm also not bothered by how long it takes to level a profession so long as its fun/challenging immersive. I'm sure they meant crafting to be like that and more than just capping it to max level for the small stat benefits. And really pretty much as it is right now I don't feel like it does this.

    I am not complaining out of thin air about proffs, Blizzard have mentioned them recently and made moves to streamline them, I'm just picking up on this and asking opinions on what could be done to make crafting more fun and more immersive. I am not at their door demanding stuff. And I am certainly not lazy. That word gets used to often, when someone just wants changes that make a certain mechanic more fun and less grindy.

    MMO's are grindy by nature, but Blizzard took the model of MMO and changed it to be less grindy and are always making adjustments to make the grind more interactive/fun.Why can't proffs be changed up a bit to do the same?

    I farm all my mats for everything, i have storage galore (bank alt and guild bank with 6 tabs) that I use to help all my toons gear/level proffs etc. I spend more of time in game grinding herbs/ore/leather to level stuff than I do just doing the things I find really fun (because I do find some proffs fun just not to the extent of other things in game) and I would love them to become something more than just a stat benefit at cap. (sure servers have alot to do with this part too, if your server has no want for lowbie crafted stuff then its useless after capping) but how many people actually still craft those lowbie items everytime they log on once they have hit their proff cap? I don't know many that do at all, and I'm on an RP realm! hehe.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-02-04 at 10:32 PM.

  3. #83
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I think Blizz backed themselves into a corner with CRZ and this is their fix to the inconvenice it causes when farming low level mats.
    Naah not really.
    As a lowbie you still have to level the old way.

    This new system basically just helps max level players quickly switching a prof.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Naah not really.
    As a lowbie you still have to level the old way.

    This new system basically just helps max level players quickly switching a prof.
    Who do you think the max level players buy their mats from when they switch profession? This change shows that for whatever reason the supply on the AH cannot meet the demand of players wishing to level their profs.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The players saying we are lazy have obviously not leveled a profession in MoP. It's so easy to bottleneck professions and make profit from hard to find mats that are REQUIRED to level up. It's unfair and exploitative.
    Are people cheating to get them, and cheating to make you not have them?

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 07:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Naah not really.
    As a lowbie you still have to level the old way.

    This new system basically just helps max level players quickly switching a prof.
    You can just not level at all as lowbie, wait until you hit max then level very quickly using this system.

  6. #86
    High Overlord kennyisnotdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Who do you think the max level players buy their mats from when they switch profession? This change shows that for whatever reason the supply on the AH cannot meet the demand of players wishing to level their profs.

    That's why they stuck all Dark Iron in MC and very little in brd... Kind of counter intuitive. WoW is not managed as it once was that is for sure. They could have just increased spawn rates or increased gathered amount and measured the delta of the increase.

    I'm farming mats to build a sulfuron hammer, most mats I've ever collected by far. Compare that epic recipe to any mop epic recipe its laughable. New game design is the only way to look at it.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Hey there so I just saw this article http://www.wowhead.com/news=210415/5...-megaera-video
    And by the looks of it its going to make levelling BS'ing alot less painful.



    Do you think this change is for the good? and do you think we will see this change brought into other professions?

    Personally I quite like this change, BS'ing has been the only proff that I have never gotten to max level due to certain levels of ores being annoying to grind or overly expensive to buy, and I always lose interest and end up scrapping it for a proff that I enjoy levelling!

    I also wouldn't mind them bringing in the same idea to other proffs too!


    NOTE:

    Can we stop with the insults and impying laziness people. It's not about lazyness, its about change, things have changed in the game over the years that affects the way professions now work, due to faster character levelling etc.

    No ones asking for a profession to be handed to them at level cap, we just want it to be more fun and less tedious. And I for one would love to hear peoples ideas on how to do this!

    The current change (ghost iron) doesn't solve this issue, but it does help out in the meantime, till such a day comes when/if Blizzard decides to overhaul the proffs.
    You and people who want professions to be easier ARE lazy. I'm not implying, I'm saying it directly.

    It's a change for the LAZY people, so they don't have to put in as much effort and still get the benefits.

  8. #88
    They already have their perfect solution implemented in the game, they just refuse to spread it to the lower level recipes. I'm talking about multi-skill-up patterns. Why are these not available for lower-level recipes? It makes no sense to me.

    This change just completely removes the value of low-level ores and hyper-inflates the value of Ghost Iron, which I don't think is a great change personally.

  9. #89
    I must be the social outcast on this one, I dislike it considering I've rerolled professions before and spent the time to farm mats and or gold to reroll them for the better of my character. I've done this twice with engineering and blacksmithing during BC and Wotlk, before flying in azeroth was even available. It's alot easier now with that feature alone how much easier does it really need to get. Takes approximately 3-4 days maybe 2-3 hour sessions to get your mats and skill it up now. What people aren't considering is the fact you may hurt your market a good bit with this change alot of the core pve guilds may end up requiring you to have blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, or engineering as a pair to maximize your stats. This will more than likely make more than just ghost iron jump in value especially on smaller servers. Perhaps give me my gold back that I've spent to level my crap as well as the others and I might appreciate it. Till then let me flaunt and enjoy the amount of work I've got in my account for my characters to have double crafting professions as a pair on them.

  10. #90
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    They already have their perfect solution implemented in the game, they just refuse to spread it to the lower level recipes. I'm talking about multi-skill-up patterns. Why are these not available for lower-level recipes? It makes no sense to me.
    They do for some professions (inscription and first aid, at least). Personally I'd rather just have the material cost drastically reduced instead.

  11. #91
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,023
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    You and people who want professions to be easier ARE lazy. I'm not implying, I'm saying it directly.

    It's a change for the LAZY people, so they don't have to put in as much effort and still get the benefits.
    Not at all, and no matter how much you keep saying it, it doesn't make it true. Perhaps you like the way the crafting professions are right now, thats ok, nothing wrong with that. I'm happy for them to stay the same too. It doesn't break the game for me. However if Blizzard are thinking about revamping crafting, then I'll back them 100% because if they can make them more fun and interactive/immersive than what we have now, then its all for the better.

    Don't forget if they do revamp them, we don't know that that means faster or easier. Hell it could mean longer and more challenging, and I'm all for that too.

    On top of all this they could remove all the stat benefits from profs and I also wouldn't mind, so long as they make them more enjoyable and we can craft items that are super fun!

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    That's why they stuck all Dark Iron in MC and very little in brd... Kind of counter intuitive. WoW is not managed as it once was that is for sure. They could have just increased spawn rates or increased gathered amount and measured the delta of the increase.

    I'm farming mats to build a sulfuron hammer, most mats I've ever collected by far. Compare that epic recipe to any mop epic recipe its laughable. New game design is the only way to look at it.
    Surely you know the difference between the Sulfuron Hammer and current epic craftables right...

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 08:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Not at all, and no matter how much you keep saying it, it doesn't make it true. Perhaps you like the way the crafting professions are right now, thats ok, nothing wrong with that. I'm happy for them to stay the same too. It doesn't break the game for me. However if Blizzard are thinking about revamping crafting, then I'll back them 100% because if they can make them more fun and interactive/immersive than what we have now, then its all for the better.

    Don't forget if they do revamp them, we don't know that that means faster or easier. Hell it could mean longer and more challenging, and I'm all for that too.

    On top of all this they could remove all the stat benefits from profs and I also wouldn't mind, so long as they make them more enjoyable and we can craft items that are super fun!
    Did you even read that article? Nothing fun/challenging is being changed. Its just a quicker way to level up, and a huge shift in the ore markets.

    Also, intent to very important when judging why someone likes something. If you like this change, the reason is likely because you do want to put in less effort for the same reward, which would in fact be the definition of lazy.

  13. #93
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Surely you know the difference between the Sulfuron Hammer and current epic craftables right...

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 08:35 PM ----------



    Did you even read that article? Nothing fun/challenging is being changed. Its just a quicker way to level up, and a huge shift in the ore markets.

    Also, intent to very important when judging why someone likes something. If you like this change, the reason is likely because you do want to put in less effort for the same reward, which would in fact be the definition of lazy.
    If you had read my previous posts, you'd have seen I mentioned that this change doesn't do anything to revamp the profs, its a bandaid at best, and while I am happy enough for this change right now for blacksmithing, if and I say -if- all these recent talks about proffs (hypothetical question GC asked about gemming and enchanting) and the change to Blacksmithing right now) might be leading to them changing proffs on a more drastic basis then I am all for change.

    I am interested in proffs being more than grind X items to craft X items to gain X skill ups. The professions as they are now, can stay as they are, I won't make a fuss, and I haven't made a fuss, -crafting is not gamebreaking to me- however if they were to bandy about ideas about revamping profs then I would go *yay* and give my input.

    Thats all I'm asking here, for peoples ideas and imagination, on how best to revamp without just going down the route of reduce amounts of mats needed, or the *fix* that BS'ing has been given.

    People getting their knickers in a knot! (I figured my poll and opening post was pretty laid back, no flamebaiting, no complaining, just my opinion on the subject and asking for you guys, input and suggestions. Dunno why people are so hateful towards those that have different opinions and ideas on subjects.)

    Your quite ok to like proffs as they are! I'm not demanding anything of Blizz, only hoping for discussion and a throwing about of ideas.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Your quite ok to like proffs as they are! I'm not demanding anything of Blizz, only hoping for discussion and a throwing about of ideas.
    Where the confusion happened is from that article. You might actually want a good discussion on how to makes proffs fun, but that article is about how they are making BSing much quicker and easier, and thats why people keep using the word lazy.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No, they just aren't relevant. If you're gona spend time farming obsolete mats and making obsolete gear which won't sell in the AH and only serve as wasted bag space you vendor its not a very compelling method. Blizz should've made older materials relevant to newer things but they didn't. At least now current stuff serves a purpose and the junk you make is designed specifically to sell. You can farm up a lot of ghost iron for a task. Less high levels flying around CRZ making it harder for lowbies to level their mining, and so on. Mining will still serve a purpose as prospecting old gems is still necessary to raise JC.
    To you. As with 99% of ur posts, heavily biased. 3 things that are NOT relevant: You. The Night Elf Race. Elune. -on topic- There are plenty of people twinking, especially with all the new battleground brackets. Not only that, some people (like me) enjoy being as powerful as possible every step of the way, and use crafted gear and chants all the time.
    Your solution is to make older mats relevant to new things? What like...Azeroth diamonds in lvl 90 jc patterns? Hows that even make sense?
    "Farming up a lot of ghost iron" sounds easy, till everyone only need ghost iron, and your stuck getting a stack every half hours because of over farming, or paying 500g a stack for it.
    And ill NEVER understand people whining about higher lvls farming in low lvl zones. low lvl nodes are plentiful, have low spawn rates, and often are in multiple zones. I've lvl'd 2 herb/mine toons since MoP and have had no issue in high pop zones. Oh it takes a bit longer to farm now...because people are there! Did we forget vanilla already? Interaction and competition in an mmo...INSANITY!

  16. #96
    Instead of fixing what is truly broken, professions are going to get broken even more.

    And what was broken is lack of resource nodes in preMoP content (mostly thanks to CRZ, which had especially devastating effect on that), and 80% nerf on TBC/WotLK/Cata cloth (which is side effect of nerfing all drops in 5-men to the ground, but outside mobs' cloth drops were touched too).

    It's another way to say "only max level is what matters", why bother playing the game then, if at max level you will be able to cheat prof from 1 to 600? Why bother with non-current resources as their only use will be to sell straight to vendor?

    Instead of shutting down CRZ and reverting changes to drops (and adding some more nodes to Outland, Northrend and Cataclysm areas), they streamline profs even more.
    This new system basically just helps max level players quickly switching a prof.
    And why? Profession isn't something you should be able to quickly switch. With changes like that, professions will lose all their depth (which they already have at minimum).

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I think Blizz backed themselves into a corner with CRZ and this is their fix to the inconvenice it causes when farming low level mats.
    There are more than enough veins for everybody and the prices are shit. I tried to sell 5 stacks of iron ore for weeks, eventually I sold them with like 19g just to get rid of them. Before Cataclysm selling low level ore meant something to your pocket. Another problem is that many people have their own alts with all the professions, that took a dump on the economy as well. They should have limited the main professions on account, but this started before the account binding thing anyway... Also Blizzard decided to shit on some professions themselves, like inscription. There were times were inscription meant riches, now I tried to sell some leftover glyphs from leveling for months, even undercutting like crazy and with almost no competition...

    The thing is the professions right now are shit. I only enjoy engineering, mostly because of the parachute and the teleporters. I hope they will find a way to make them interesting

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    That's why they stuck all Dark Iron in MC and very little in brd... Kind of counter intuitive. WoW is not managed as it once was that is for sure. They could have just increased spawn rates or increased gathered amount and measured the delta of the increase.

    I'm farming mats to build a sulfuron hammer, most mats I've ever collected by far. Compare that epic recipe to any mop epic recipe its laughable. New game design is the only way to look at it.
    You do not need to craft a Sulfurion Hammer or anything that using Dark Iron Ore to level BS.

    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    You and people who want professions to be easier ARE lazy. I'm not implying, I'm saying it directly.

    It's a change for the LAZY people, so they don't have to put in as much effort and still get the benefits.
    Yeah, you're right the people wanting this change are lazy. I mean it takes so much more effort to type Thorium Bar into the AH than it does Ghost Iron Bar... look at how many more letters the old world stuff has... oh no wait... Mithril Bar... No!.. Iron Bar... Damn! On a serious note I have not leveled a gathering prof since the introduction of CRZ but I always found it easier, especially since you can fly in the Old World, to gather the old mats as you did not need to worry about competition or mobs interrupting you.

  19. #99
    I like this change, it is a great catch-up mechanism.
    My only concern is that most bsers also level mining.
    So, can we level up mining by mining ghost ores?
    If not, then we still are flying all over Azeroth and the question is what will we do with the ores? Since nobody needs the old ones anymore........

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I like this change, it is a great catch-up mechanism.
    My only concern is that most bsers also level mining.
    So, can we level up mining by mining ghost ores?
    If not, then we still are flying all over Azeroth and the question is what will we do with the ores? Since nobody needs the old ones anymore........
    You can still use the old world mats to level BS so leveling it in tandem with mining will still be viable. I would imagine that the old world ores will be driven below the price of current ores.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •