Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see some people sticking up for the Portuguese speaking friends....

Let me clarify: I have met a few occasional good players from the Portuguese realms.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE, here's what I encounter most of the time when a group is mostly filled with BRs.

- They will need on anything and everything without looking at it.
    - A lot of them don't type in instance chat but rather type in /s screaming "GOGOGOGO" or in instance chat "reeeesssss" "ressss" even while in combat.
    - Their pets always have taunt on and they refuse to turn it off even with Google's broken translation of "turn off your pet's taunt".
    - They wear gear that makes absolutely no sense. I try to inform them on the proper stats to wear for their spec/class but they ignore it. (At least I used to).
    - They will randomly run into mobs body pulling or pulling for you.
    - They don't care if the healer has no mana or is drinking, they're going to pull for you if you're not.
    - Their DPS more than lacks.. it's nearly non-existent.

I don't know about the people sticking up for them, but I consider taking a 30 minute debuff when ever I log into a full BR group. It's completely awful and why Blizzard paired them up with us is beyond me... the only thing I can think of is they wanted them to have quicker queues to keep them interested since they're always in a hurry.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I heal:
    - I hate tanks who ignore mechanics they ought not too.
    - when pulling across the room, they turn their backs and run only to get raped pretty hard in the process.
    - Not using cool downs or special abilities (like certain spells) that would help in survivability.
    - Impatient DPS who start nuking before the tank can even build aggro or those who do not stop dps or switch targets when they build aggro
    - Tanks who do not monitor aggro on all the mobs and instead just single target one the whole time while doing AoE threat (warriors especially because every damn time a dps pulls aggro on a mob)
    - lazy dps who just stand there... in the fire... or don't move when the boss targets them, espeically if they're in melee and not instead of 1 player dropping below 40% now the tank and 2 others have as well. ty.

As a tank(or dps):
    - lazy healers who get themselves killed because they're starring at their healing frames and not paying attention to the fight.
    - When they purposely let someone die and refuse to heal
    - healers who are focused on the tank and on no one else... thus someone almost dies or has to stop dpsing to heal their self.

I've recently been leveling a protection warrior via LFD, and I can say without a doubt that my biggest pet peeves as a tank are:

• Any DPS who runs ahead of me and/or pulls groups on purpose, this especially annoys me when I'm already tanking two or three groups... I had a mage yesterday who would pull entire rooms then ice block on top of me, when I told him to stop he said I had to tank them all so he could "Do work". I voted to kick him and it passed.
    • People who are not the tank, but taunt mobs anyway... I don't know what it is with lowbie DKs (I just finished levels 58-68 yesterday), but every single one that I got partied with spammed Death Grip like there was no tomorrow. Even if I was standing right next to them tanking a mob, they would Death Grip it off of me and always said the same thing when I told them to stop: "Sorry misclick".
    • People needing on things they can't even use. So far during my leveling experience I've lost more than one shield to a rogue... WTF?!

Thanks for making this thread, I clearly needed somewhere to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    This is more often then not a consequence of them not trusting the healer, not being a noob. I guess those guys had bad experiences with pulling multiple packs with random healers.
    This is exactly why I am cautious at first. In my experience I have learned that most people are just terrible so I take it slow at first to test the dps and healer.

Also, face pullers grind my gears. I can tolerate mostly everything but these damn face pullers. The first boss in Scholo, half the time someone will run and aggro the skeleton mobs. I mean come on, if you see everyone avoiding a mob, why can't you.

I'm a hypocrite when I say I hate hunters that pull mobs when I'm tanking, but thats bad hunters.

When I was leveling a hunter I had only the BOA helmet and my Serpent Sting ticks did 40% of a mob's health, so honestly I could care less about what the tank was thinking when mobs died in under 9 seconds.

P.S. Anyone leveling a hunter Serpent Sting > any ability, when you the ability Serpent Spread becomes available you should go from BM to Survival and only ever use Survival to max level (Serpent Sting is RIDICULOUS at low levels).

As a tank, having someone run off and pull extra stuff is funny, its the one time i get to link meters and rub it in that i did 5 times their damage. Their only response is "Its trash", then on the boss they link meters thinking their are proud that they did 3% more damage than i did. Gogo monk tanks!
    I've had quite a few hunter/lock pets taunt off me in a 5 man, most of the time its a healer or other dps that complain, which actually suprises me.

As for healing, I hate when the tank is super geared and doing a majority of the group damage while taking damage that my earth shield alone can keep him alive through.
    I rarely get into a group where the tank is going slow, but usually seeing me spam a /dance macro or jumping in circles around him while putting on all of the character appearance change items will get the point across.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I no longer taunt off pets. I feel that by the time you're level 90, you should be practiced enough to turn off your growl when entering a dungeon. If the first pet death doesn't make it clear, the subsequent ones should.
    Heh, this reminds me...
    While my Druid was still a tank, there was this really fascinating Hunter in one random HC.
    One could have easily seen from his attitude and play style that this player was clearly new to this game or simply just a newb, so I decided to shrug it off when he didn't turn his pet's Growl off, even after I had politely asked him to. What was rather comical in the situation, was that he kept wondering aloud why his pet was constantly dying (he just kept ressing it). In the end, no matter how many times our healer and the other dps told him, he considered me as a bad tank, who can't even keep off aggro from a simple pet. Meh, go figure I suppose.

OT:
    I hate it when I'm healing on my monk;
    People standing in evilpoopofdarknessanddestruction and expect me to heal through that damage, rather than just walking away from it.
    Tanks who say something in the lines of "Healer, why r u dpsing? U que'd as healr so u shud heal me" (when I fistweave)
    Overly careful tanks, who pull no more than 3 mobs at a time. Also those tanks who constantly ask what do I think of their tanking abilities.. Sure, ask! I'll answer truthfully and politely, but 11 times in a single run? C'mon, seems like someone is looking for some reassuring.

Edit: And on my druid (who's now Feral) I hate those whoever-have-the-aggro-I-don't-care-I'm-a-dps-I'm-just-here-for-lewtz who just simply can't stand still!! Totally messes up my rotation..
    Last edited by mmoc7afc070067; 2013-02-04 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I become absulutely livid with people who think it's fine to pull before the tank even though he's already going at a fast pace (this annoys me regardless of me being the tank or not) and with "go guys".

I used to become annoyed with people who left their pet taunts on (especially during Stampede <.<). I found it easier to just let the pets die a horrible death if the person commanding the pet can't see their pet quickly dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    When i was playing horde, there was almost always at least two ...southern europeans from one certain realm in LFD. I still have nightmares.
    Yeah I'm gonna bet you're talking about Stormscale. Biggest cesspool of assholes available in EU realms, followed closely by Shattered Hand.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-04 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I solved all my issues with 5 mans by just running with my own tank. We dont actually need dps so if they do something stupid they can just run back or leave.

As any role:
    -Slow people (you know, afk after every boss and need to wait for a roll to fully finish before they move)
    -Afk at the start of the instance as instant que role
    -Low Dps

As a tank:
    -Healer asking to wait on mana for a boss when he/she has over 80%
    -People pulling extra trash
    -Healer not keeping up with me distance wise

As a healer: (though I haven't healed since cata, I'd imagine it's the same now)
    -Slow tank
    -Cautious tank
    -Tank waiting for me to get mana if I'm running >30%
    -Anything else pertaining to the tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I become absulutely livid with people who think it's fine to pull before the tank even though he's already going at a fast pace (this annoys me regardless of me being the tank or not) and with "go guys".

I used to become annoyed with people who left their pet taunts on (especially during Stampede <.<). I found it easier to just let the pets die a horrible death if the person commanding the pet can't see their pet quickly dying.

Yeah I'm gonna bet you're talking about Stormscale. Biggest cesspool of assholes available in EU realms, followed closely by Shattered Hand.
    I think he means Hakkar and Crushridge, full of Italians with L2P issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    While tanking:

1. Other people trying to tank (aka Paladins, Hunters, and Frost Mages).
    2. Other people trying to tank (aka Paladins, Hunters, and Frost Mages).
    3. Other people trying to tank (aka Paladins, Hunters, and Frost Mages).
    4. Other people trying to tank (aka Paladins, Hunters, and Frost Mages).
    5. Other people trying to tank (aka Paladins, Hunters, and Frost Mages).
    6. People who yell at me for going too fast.
    7. People who yell at me for going too slow.
    8. People who yell at me for pulling too much.
    9. People who yell at me for pulling too little.
    10. Other people trying to tank (aka Paladins, Hunters, and Frost Mages).

"Stop pulling please."
    "It doesn't matter in low levels, we can heal through it, the mobs are easy, we can just run amok and finish this as fast as possible."
    "But I'm trying to learn how to do it right so you're not kicking me at 90."
    "Just shut up and go."

3 weeks later...

"This damn noob tank doesn't know what he's doing, just kick him already. You had 89 levels to learn your spec you stupid fool..."

And then Blizzard wonders why nobody wants to tank...

As Healer:

1. People who think that if your HPS is low as Disc then you're doing it wrong.
    2. Tanks who think that you pull their aggro by standing too close to them.
    3. People who think that the only way to play Disc heals is via Atonement and Archangel.
    4. Tanks who run out of line of sight.
    5. Tanks who run out of range.
    6. Tanks who don't stop to let me drink.
    7. Tanks who see me drinking and pull anyway.
    8. Tanks and DPS who don't use interrupts and then blame me when they take damage.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-02-04 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I think he means Hakkar and Crushridge, full of Italians with L2P issues.
    Right. I'm probably not in that battlegroup, I don't recall ever getting anyone from these realms, and I don't really keep a mental note of which realms I can get paired with.

My problem with people from Stormscale isn't that they play badly though. For the most part, the players I get from there are pretty average or above average, which is good. But the vast majority of them are also the biggest pricks I've ever seen on the Internet, if not life in general. My ignore list is filled with mostly people from Stormscale, Shattered Hand and Sylvanas for that exact reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Healing

- Weak/Stupid tanks who think they are "Top Dog" and over pull everything and as a result lose 75% hp every second expecting me to keep them up.

- Dps who go ahead of tank. If they do that and the tank is good, i let them rot. Its one thing if the tank is slow and an idiot then sure i can heal a dps to keep us moving

- Tanks in dps gear. i dont give a shit if they want a fast q or the fact they do that with their guild. Im pugging i dont know you, i dont trust you, put your tank gear on.

- Hunters who taunt with their pet and when it dies would like to blame me. Not my problem, you want to taunt over the Tank i wont give 2 shits

Tanking
    I go at a fast pace, or as a rule as fast as the healers mana + my CD's will allow. So:

- Anyone that pulls before me will die. depends if the healer has started healing or not and if im mid swing ill pick it up. If im waiting for the healers mana and at hard hitting trash or a boss, scum dps can die for all i care.

- Anyone that taunts off me that is not a tank or ment to do it can tank it.

- Saying "Gogogogogogo" grinds my gears and will make me want to slow the pace down drasticly, since i go very fast anyway.

- Hunters who taunt with their pet and when it dies would like to blame me (surprise its for both).

Lots lots more but this will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I want to heal in a dungeon I get a tank in near BiS when I don't want to heal in a dungeon I get Joe who just dinged to 90. And assholes, I hate assholes.

And tanks who are slow as shit. Sorry tanks just because you have the shield doesn't make you the leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    You must be the weak link ;-)

Kidding, but then it means you are either lucky or not tanking/healing long enough yet haha
    Have been tanking and healing since BC. Have also done more pugging than I have with organized groups. :3

Wow.

So I heal and have healed since classic. Today we sat in LFR for 3min just staring at a boss, everyone was buffed etc... we just stood there and someone finally asked, what are we waiting on?

That's when I just pulled the dang boss, I couldn't for the life of me stand there any longer.

If you are a tank, PULL THE BOSS. For everyone's sake, just watch to see if we are ready or not and then pull, don't make me pull.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    As a healer? Chain-pulling tanks who don't stop to let people loot or grab quest items. Seriously, that pisses me off to no end. Even worse? Chain-pulling tanks who keep going when you're doing something, and then complain when they die because they had ten mobs on them while you're still trying to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pulling for the tank irritates me in either role, but especially as the tank.

Being an asshole to other players.

That's about it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

As a tank.
    -Healers sitting around 90% mana throughout a fight and remaining content if the group is around 50% health.
    -People who have mobs (notice how it is plural) on them...and decide not to run to me so I can pick them up...but run away from me so I have to chase those mobs of theirs if my taunts are off.
    -People who yell at me for going slow.
    -People who yell at me for going fast.
    -People who need on greens.
    As a healer
    -People who step out of my power word barrier or healing rain.
    -People who LOS me.
    -People who pull a pack in the back that we skipped while the tank is already starting on the pack in front that we can't skip. Thus I have to run back and forth healing 2 groups from 2 packs.