Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    This is what they are actually doing...
    The problem is Contrapposto is an Italian word, and it relates to the Art world. By saying 'swish' is referring to what people do with out thinking. ie a Waitress at a table will stand so her curves are noticeable with hopes of a better tip, a gay guy might do the same thing when he's flirting. Blood Elf Males do it as a natural pose when you stop moving them. Also I am trying to get other people to use the word Swish, it just fits the movement.

Call it Swish when someone does it to be sexy without thinking, call it Contrapposto if you are directing someone to do it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Very interesting. Here's the Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrapposto

Indeed you can see both male and female sculptures from Greece and Roman times do this.

Which is why I find it very interesting given its a fantasy game (traditionally have medieval/historical ties). Not only interesting, appropriate just like the venetian masks for the priest T13 sets.

Something else. Why are we relating the behavior of a different race to our human ones which is a race by itself in the fantasy game?
    I should point out Gyro-Copters, Mechano-Hogs, Steam Ships, Air Ships, Sniper Riffles.....

WOW is a High Fantasy game set in a Steam Punk world.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Of course they are feminine, why wouldn't an all female race be feminine?
    This use to be what Kompressor would say in TBC. lol.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    If you think muscular and ripped is feminine......um.....

Never understood the if its handsome, fit, and well groomed it must be gay thing. The implication is thaf all straight males are fat, ugly and have bad personal hygine...

I play belf as they look good, whereas all humans in wow got beat on by the ugly stick.
    Umm in my 41 years I have known more straight guys than gay ones, being Gay I notice how common it was for straight guys to have stains on there jeans, dirt under their nails, hair not professionally styled, and a myriad of other traits. Now I am not saying Straight guys are slobs, but they don't get into attention to detail the way gay guys do. Also the odds are most guys in your local gym are either athletes or gay. Normal guys don't lift weights unless they have a reason to do so.

Considering they were intentionally made to be effeminate, yes, I consider them to be. I mean the Blood Elf males /silly actively point it out. It's designed that way.

But why is that a problem? If every race had the same personality and racial identity, having different races would be pretty pointless.

Deleted
    Well according to Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swish_%28slang%29

Swish is an often derogatory British English slang term for effeminate behaviour and interests (camp), emphasized and sanctioned in pre-Stonewall gay male communities.[1][2][3] This behaviour is also described as being nelly. Wentworth and Flexner define swish as a noun meaning "a male homosexual, esp. one with obviously feminine traits".[4]
    Anyway I never heard of either word.

I actually stand a lot like that when on vacation or a city trip so much traveling, walking and shopping. You can give one of your legs/feet some rest by leaning on the other one, and then switch back. Honestly I'd find it saddening if someone saw something sexual in that because that's not all how it was meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I may actually switch my Mage around to belf instead of Undead, I hate the elbows and crap through the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to the other Horde races? Sure. Does that make them gay? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    No i have seen to many girly people to know when something is girly, they don't have as much muscules than others races so some people see them girly because of that but IMO they look good as they are, their animations are not girly, but if you hear their jockes (/silly) you will find that they are quite narcisits

No, just Narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    In comparison to the rest of WoW races? Yes, of course.

In comparison to actual body types and actual people? No, they're still stupidly muscular and masculine. Gief back the original male belfs, please.
    These ones?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2006/10/23/bl...d-blood-elves/

Can't even tell the difference on the first image. On the others... ew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

All I can say is, most of the horde population is feminine then considering Belfs are the most played horde race, simply because they aren't the standard "ugly" of the others...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    These ones?

[..]

[..]

Can't even tell the difference on the first image. On the others... ew.
    Old one is Feyd!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're borderline androgynous, not gay (gay is what stupid kiddy kids like to label things that they don't understand), besides, what do you care what some random nobody thinks about your choices?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Not feminine, fabulous.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're far buffer then 90% of the human race. (And I mean RL humans) so... no.

(Though as a gay man I will admit they're totally hot)

I still fail to see why 'feminine' is

a. negative

b. even a thing that exists
    Twas brillig

Ignoring the stupidity of the original question somewhat (fake characters are fake), you also have to wonder:

If the BElf males are getting the BElf chicks, are the people behind computers trying to call them "gay" trying to compensate for jealousy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh I dunno really. My main is a male Belf Holy Paladin since TBC and I've not really gotten that much grief at all. Sure the pose of the male Belf is a little feminine and the casting animations are plain horrid but it could be worse, you could be a 4 polygon Human or a hunchback Troll or Orc.

There are male Blood Elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Feminine isn't the word I'd use. Flamboyant, perhaps.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    I don't know what game you're playing but they sound pretty cynical and deadly when I play a blood elf. Some of their animations aren't as masculine as other races, but none of them are feminine
    I agree with this.

I think that most of the Horde players that call them gay/feminine simply do it because they only want real "monsters" in their faction. So as soon as a race like Elves comes along the male are more feminine than any female in the game because roar, blood and honor /flex
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

No, not feminine. Good looking studs, the kind you can imagine working as underwear models.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?