Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    Thanks everyone for your builds! A lot of info to digest. Wife was ok with going a bit over what I saved up....but she did start sharpening the knife! I'm thinking I might go with shoudster's build with a few minor changes. Would it be a waste getting 32 gigs of memory instead of 16?
    well 16gb should be overkill already unless you do lots of photoshopping/video editing. (even then the speed gain will be minor)
    what parts would you like changed?

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well 16gb should be overkill already unless you do lots of photoshopping/video editing. (even then the speed gain will be minor)
    what parts would you like changed?
    The memory was my concern. Also since you mentioned Titan, not sure now if I should wait until those are released or just go ahead with the 680s. Other than that everything else looks good with my very....very.....limited knowledge of computer parts.

Checking out the overview newegg posted on the Rosewill THOR V2. That thing is a beast!!

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    The memory was my concern. Also since you mentioned Titan, not sure now if I should wait until those are released or just go ahead with the 680s. Other than that everything else looks good with my very....very.....limited knowledge of computer parts.

Checking out the overview newegg posted on the Rosewill THOR V2. That thing is a beast!!
    well to be honest i only picked that case because it was a combo with the cpu. (cases are allot of personal taste quite hard to actually pick one for someone else)
    you could also have a mid-tower because a full tower is actually pretty huge.
    titan should be released at the end of the month according to articles we've seen around here. (but might actually take another month untill you could have one arrive at your place)
    also how do you stand in regards to learning something new for even more performance? (talking about overclocking, has become quite simple and risk free with current gen of cpu's and i tossed in a monster cooler in the setup so you'd never have to worry about temps)