Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Ah yes, I totally forgot about manaregen blues, way too silly ^^. Still I'd not touch manaregen blues, as it's painfully low advantage. Basically one extra Q per 2 minutes, where MPen blues are about 4% extra damage.
    I see where you come from, but my gripe with too much Mpen is that it doesn't benefit your ult/W/shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggressive support is exactly my play style, I don't own all support champions but from what I do own here are some of my most preferred (In no order)

Nami, If you can land a decent Q (Stun bubble) on their ADC and then your ADC/Lane partner can react quick enough use your E (Damage Steroid) on them to increase damage dealt then use W (Bouncy heal) on either yourself or the lane partner, That way it will heal the first person you use it on, Bounce to the stunned enemy and then bounce back to you. Usually with this combo you can drop quite alot of HP off whoever you land your stun on.

Blitz, early game hooks can snowball your ADC so fast. Q hook, followed by E knockup then exhaust, usually secures a kill at level 3 with this combo. Even if your being pushed hard just have you ADC farm under turret, if enemy out position themselves just hook them in and free kill.

Thresh, basically the same as blitz just hook them in then smash faces.

Nidalee, Spear.. need I say more.

Deleted
    Depends a lot on your ADC. My favourites are Lulu and Leona.

Lulu - Amazing kit for poke and disengage. If you're playing with someone like Caitlyn, between her range, traps, and your slows/AA, you can harass extremely well. W and Ult, along with Cait's net mean it's going to be really difficult for anyone to get near you if played right. Can go so aggressive, and get away with it.

Leona - Preferably with a bursty AD with a lot of early game pressure. While I do it with most supports, start with at least one pink ward, and always have one. With her CC, some heavy early game damage from the AD and complete brush control you can put so much pressure on the enemy bot lane and heavily punish any mistakes they make.

Lulu works best for solo queue, as she can adapt to whatever kind of AD shows up, whereas Leona needs someone who will jump in with her to get the damage off. That said, Leona will just wreck if the ADC is on your wavelength and can carry games through the sheer amount of influence she can have in any engagement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Nidalee, Spear.. need I say more.
    Yes you do, because it's complete garbage, and the amount of selfish bastards playing it and even starting doran and shit is insane.
    I see where you come from, but my gripe with too much Mpen is that it doesn't benefit your ult/W/shield.
    But it scales pretty bad anyway, it's a choice, AP works too, but it's not necessary. After all it's how you play it. I prefer MPen, because Q is cheap, and in fact it's pretty forgiving, the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Yes you do, because it's complete garbage, and the amount of selfish bastards playing it and even starting doran and shit is insane.
    Support Nid/Lux! ..... No wards, gets chain ganked. God I hate when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Support Nid/Lux! ..... No wards, gets chain ganked. God I hate when that happens.
    I feel you. Most of the time whenever i see Nidalee/Lux supports, they usually end up losing the game for some reason.

Nidalee ain't a support , supports got tools to keep heat of your adc , people claiming to be Nidalee '' support '' just got outcalled on mid / top lane and are stubbornly still trying to play Nidalee in that game.

Also 95% of them dont even get a sightstone or more then 2 wards, Large Rod OP to counter ganks y0
    Last edited by FluFF; 2013-02-17 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    pairing leona with someone like draven (or anyone with some sort of on hit steroid like ez) can really burst people down with her passive, also if your adc isnt asleep you can easily catch out the enemy adc with the ridiculous amount of cc she has early game

however she can be poked out by a good sona/nidalee
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Nidalee ain't a support , supports got tools to keep heat of your adc , people claiming to be Nidalee '' support '' just got outcalled on mid / top lane and are stubbornly still trying to play Nidalee in that game.

Also 95% of them dont even get a sightstone or more then 2 wards, Large Rod OP to counter ganks y0
    A large number of "Support" Nids also tend to take Clarity for some odd reason.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I main supports. You can play them all aggressive, Soraka the least though. I tend to play Tresh very aggressive for some reason, just seems natural.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    To be fair while Lux is not great support, she's still pretty good one. At least she can possibly turn around those ganks with her spells, while Nidalee will pounce away and yell "OMG NOOB AD GETTING CAUGHT".

Also there is no valid skill order for support Nidalee. Maxing heal will make other team completely ignore you, because everyone, even like support Garen would be more dangerous than you. Maxing trap is useless, maxing spear will work only if your AD carry can live with no presence. Like if Taric goes in and combo your carry, that magic damage will not change a thing.

Lux is kinda meh in a thing that rooting people don't prevent them from attacking. If you miss it, you let the other guy die, but if you hit it... it can hurt a lot.
    If Taric & co gets righteously nerfed, I think we can take Lux support completely seriously.

I just carried a game (as in best score on team without deliberate sniping) 9/2/31 as support spec and build sona, no AP items. I play a pretty agressive sona, and I net so many kills on people underestimating her power early game XD (not sniping as I said, but I will take a kill if it means it's in the bag rather than gone, and duel in lane)

I actually do this a lot, and am dragging myself up the tiers slowly as solo queue support sona.

Personally I find nidalee and lux supports a non-issue after the intial phase where they can chunk you early. Leona is an annoying lane for me, but not too bad if played a lit safely, or bullied into submission very early.

also this holds true for every support nidalee I see bot lane at my elo. I actaully get happy because the lane is won. Late game what ya gonna do nid? Throw a spear at me with your underfarmed ap build, while I have healed my carry, cced yours, and slowed it? meh... I don't get what she brings to the table unless she gets so fed she can build like a 2nd mid laner...

Deleted
    What do you guys feel about Alistar support? Just played a game with him again. Did not touch him for the longest time. And I must say i was very happy with the outcome. Went 3/0/19, fed MF into oblivion and won the game with ease. Used 21/9 masteries, so I was tanky as hell. I could zone the opponent just by walking towards them. I don't see him a lot. Don't know why though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    What do you guys feel about Alistar support? Just played a game with him again. Did not touch him for the longest time. And I must say i was very happy with the outcome. Went 3/0/19, fed MF into oblivion and won the game with ease. Used 21/9 masteries, so I was tanky as hell. I could zone the opponent just by walking towards them. I don't see him a lot. Don't know why though.
    He was nerfed quite harshly in S2 due to level 2 ganks from jungle Alistar being common place. Now that it's harder to pull that off in S3, some of his nerfs were reverted, but people haven't gotten back to playing him in the support role yet.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I main supports. You can play them all aggressive, Soraka the least though. I tend to play Tresh very aggressive for some reason, just seems natural.
    Soraka can be played aggressively quite well. Best so with an AD with a free poke of their own (range-wise; Varus/Cait and to a lesser extent Ez).
    Just level your E. It's free, leaving all your mana for the odd heal where needed. It silences, helping you avoid a counter-poke. If you're not in range, you can just keep your carry shooting off their pokes instead thanks to being a mana-battery.

I find the heal too expensive and (if playing well) not needed at high rank to do what you need, and Q requires you to be so close, for so long, its gradual shred isn't enough. Infuse does it all, and you never really need to worry about leaving the lane when the enemy are pushing hard. Still have your main utility/poke, even when you're OOM.

Also you're guaranteed to get a banana kill at some point. Everyone loves bananas.

(My personal favourite is the Fruit Bowl lane. Gangplank/Soraka... Oranges and bananas forever. Infinite Parrlay mana, heals himself too..)

That's not really a good soraka advice. If you max E over W you DO get more harass, a longer silence and obviously more mana return but in exchange you are giving up the only reason you'd pick her: Her power to keep someone alive. Soraka makes bot in a sustain lane and that's what you are supposed to do. It's not about the short term damage you can put out but the long term. You trade with the enemy, heal (preferably right when the enemies target has lost enough HP to use her armor buff) and do it again until the enemy is forced to leave the lane because he lost too much health.

Unless you are spamming the heal on CD (which would indicate that either your AD or you don't understand how to dodge skillshots/got bad positioning), you don't oom easily on her. The 3 mana regen from utility and a philosophers are usually more than enough for her. If you really have to spam heal and you wont level the heal, you will screw over your AD.

Let's not forget the fact that leveling W becomes more mana efficient (more heal/mana) and the armor buff increases. So you will save mana by leveling W. Cheaper heal and less damage taken by the buff.

Deleted
    Leona is the best aggresive support!!

Deleted
    All supports should be played aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc
    I play all supports very aggressively. It's important to abuse your AD at every opportunity so they know who's in charge.
    ^_^