Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just thought of a new Profession.

Hit me in the head like a ton of bricks. Not sure if this was mentioned in any past forum or noted by Blizzard developers in any fashion but how about drum roll please. A profession that revolved around genetic imrovements that can improve racial tweeks or modify them.Or improve speed, cast time on weapons, improve jump, swim faster, or increase resistance to damages.

This may be called a Bio-Genetic profession.

This can be achieved by gathering dead bodies and loot certain parts for profession skill ups.

Any thoughts? Yay or Nay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking some inspiration from Bioshock are we?

I think based on the description you gave it would be not only overpowered, but every raider and their dog (or demon/ghoul/elemental) would be required to have it for the dps boost it would give.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think blizzard is more likely to remove any racial separation in terms of abilities rather than increase the racial differences. Me thinks you're just an Alliance mad scientist trying to starve the forsaken by removing corpses from the food supply. :P In all seriousness though, I always thought WoW needed more customizing features in making your character unique for what you like to do, if implemented "perfectly", it could be an interesting feature.

I thought of a profession once...

Woodworking.

You'd use it to make things like Bows... staves...maybe some wooden shields...

But I thought of this before bows and staves were craftable... at least now Staves are..

Poor bows... Can crossbows be crafted?

Ah well.

Hell nah. Nay.

Deleted
    Won't happen, it would make them mandatory to compete properly in things like pvp or some pve. Its a good idea but i cant see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by Earthstar View Post
    I thought of a profession once...

Woodworking.

You'd use it to make things like Bows... staves...maybe some wooden shields...

But I thought of this before bows and staves were craftable... at least now Staves are..

Poor bows... Can crossbows be crafted?

Ah well.
    Fletching. Granted, fletchers feather arrows, but I don't think Bowyering rolls off the tongue that well.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

I immediately thought of Spore while reading this. Same thing happens in the creature stage. As for whether it's a thematic fit for WoW, I don't really think so. As for gameplay mechanics, it seems pretty close to the original Path of the Titans concept, which didn't really thrill me either.

Deleted
    Definitely Nay

Deleted
    Seems just like SWTOR Bio-Chem, which is basically just Alchemy/Engineering, once you modify things enough to actually be playable and balanced.

Nay.

In a sci-fi mmo sure, i'd be with ya.

But this isn't a sci-fi MMO.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    I've moved this over to our professions sub forum

Deleted
    sick bastard

Thanks for the feedback. So far it seems more nays than yays. I pictured this profession as more of a mad-scientist/doctor approach. Yea it sounds gruesome but not as gruesome as the forsaken having to cannabalize dead bodies.

Atleast in this profession we can look for donors for some spare parts to build up a toon. 8)

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've moved this over to our professions sub forum
    agree. this should be in Professions

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 02:38 PM ----------

This would put a nice spin on PvP. Imagine owning an enemy and chopping him up for part or two. Sound sick but I've seen some pretty bad stuff in the game already (doesn't bother me because ITS A GaME) and I'm sure this can be worked out somehow.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Augh View Post
    Seems just like SWTOR Bio-Chem, which is basically just Alchemy/Engineering, once you modify things enough to actually be playable and balanced.
    Yes, but in this case we become a mad scientist or doctors. 8)

have you played dota?

What about a class that revolves around profession? thats a great idea. In dota theres a hero called goblin tekis.
    If they can make that into wow that would be the closest you can get to a batle profession.
    Yeh, we are all getting bored with how they made profession into a gold making and gold saving tools. All gives the same increase on dps and it serves as another type of enchant.

That gave me an idea to start a new class thread.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-05 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    have you played dota?

What about a class that revolves around profession? thats a great idea. In dota theres a hero called goblin tekis.
    If they can make that into wow that would be the closest you can get to a batle profession.
    Yeh, we are all getting bored with how they made profession into a gold making and gold saving tools. All gives the same increase on dps and it serves as another type of enchant.

That gave me an idea to start a new class thread.
    No I have not played DoTa. A class revolving around professions sounds fun but not sure how that would pan out. I was focusing more on scavenging things such as beasts, other players, bosses in raids, etc.

Yeh, fun buff on profession or making it a new one like what you mentioned.

There are similar though which is already ingame. Example the swim speed is found on alchemist. Chooping dead bodies is a tiller vanity item. Movement Speed is found on Engineering. Gliding or prachut are Engineering. Looting dead bodies are curently on elemental mobs where you mine or herb them. Engineering has the tinker that gives absorb shield which reduces the damage and also increase the damage.

But Yeh, I do wish theres a profession that can salvage human bodies and looting something good in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    Hit me in the head like a ton of bricks. Not sure if this was mentioned in any past forum or noted by Blizzard developers in any fashion but how about drum roll please. A profession that revolved around genetic imrovements that can improve racial tweeks or modify them.Or improve speed, cast time on weapons, improve jump, swim faster, or increase resistance to damages.

This may be called a Bio-Genetic profession.

This can be achieved by gathering dead bodies and loot certain parts for profession skill ups.

Any thoughts? Yay or Nay?
    1) People want racials removed, not improved.
    2) Improving speed, swim, resistance are already in game
    3) Improving jump won't make any difference to the game.
    4) cast time on weapons will just fuck things up

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Alchemy and Enchanting, along with other items like socketing gems, already perform this function.