Deleted

Cool Differences, is it worth it?

Hey mmo-champions! blunt here, i just joined this site after reading it for a while. I am curious if i should swap or not.

So, my main is a priest for awhile and i was thinking to maybe swap mains but, was curious how the restoration druids are.
    I like healing alot, and boomkin seems pretty cool tho.
    Now i was wondering is it actually worth it to level a druid all over from 1-90? Is holy/disc really that different than restoration druids? i want something new, but i just dont know if it is all worth it if the healing aspects are like the same.

Can you champions please advice me about this class, the differences, how is the boomkin spec, why do YOU play a druid? I would really really like to hear your opnions.

ALSO; I would really prefer a nice UI, my ui is standard with vuhdo in the middle of the screen and i would like some tips on my UI ^^. Alot of questions hehe.

Thanks in advance!

P.S English is not my mother language

Resto druid can be said to be somewhat similar to a holy priest due to more hots and things like circle of healing ~= wild growth... Still druids have more mobility. Disc is a completely diff style.

Boomkin might take some getting used to with the whole idea of eclipses, but its fun once u learn it (imo).

My main is a 490 Resto druid and my alt is a 485 Disc priest. Compared to shadow, I personally think Boomkin is awesome. The simmed DPS is lower according to some simulcraft sites out there, but I don't find that to be the case. I can definitely maintain a significantly higher DPS on my druid, and could when it had the same ilvl as the priest. Additionally, the opening burst on a boomkin during your first pull of Elegon is something t behold indeed.

As far as healing, disc is a completely different animal. Holy is somewhat comparable... but not really. Holy only has renew as a HoT, and circle of healing and prayer of mending have no twin in the druid spell book... but both specs really come down to throughput in the end. Before you get too far down the road, if you're a raider or looking to raid, consider your guild size. If they do 10 man's, either toon should serve you well. If you do 25 man's... the druid will fall behind a bit in the healing department.

I find healing with a druid much simpler than disc as well. You basically just use your HoT's, keep mastery up and manage your few CD's... do that and you'll be a solid druid healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played druid a lil in wotlk, cata and MoP now. I find them to be less fun than they used to be simply because of all the burst CDs. Reason I liked druids was because they didn't have many burst CDs to use in both PvE and PvP (talking more about feral here actually, but seeing as balance has gained 3-4 burst CDs...).

Resto I haven't played all too much, but I like the way they play, so no complaints about them.

Balance I HAVE been playing. Not necessarily competitively, but casually. My Ilvl is around the 476 atm and I'm only doing 40-50k DPS outside of CDs, while my burst DPS ranges from 70 to 85k~ and I find them to not be AS much fun as they used to be in say cataclysm.
    Starfire feels meh. It doesn't do AS much damage as you would expect from such a long cast. Wrath is pretty weak and boring, as it only does about 30k damage while in eclipse and the dots are also really meh outside of CDs (note: balance druid dots tick about every 1.5 seconds due to Nature's Grace and the base 2 seconds sun/moonfire tick at).
    Being out of eclipse also doesn't feel as gimped anymore since we gain eclipse power at twice the speed compared to cataclysm.

All in all balance druid is a specialization that relys heavily on gear and is subpar single target DPS and aoe DPS while having NO room for mistakes AT ALL. The rotation is pretty strict :/

These are my opinions and experiences with balance druids. And the reason I started playing druid again end cataclysm is because I really enjoyed feral PvP and balance druid PvE. Not knowing how drastically everything changed I hoped MoP would still be fun for me. Too bad it wasn't :|

Deleted
    Terahertz.
    i play resto MS and it is awesome but i am writing this to let you know balance works better with gear. i OS balance (496 ilvl balance 499 resto) and now the burst is 200k dps and sustained 100k. stick with it, it is fun to have the mages gasp in awe at your opening burst
    boomkin gets better and i say this as someone who is still crying at not being allowed to be feral OS as is my love (10 man raid, monk tank, monk dps , rogue = no agil gear for me)

resto is far from 'awesome'

At least resto's wild mushrooms won't be useless come 5.2.

Restos going to be buffed in the next patch so I think you should go for it, also you have all the possible roles to choose for an OS.

so yeah next patch is gonna be very fun to play resto I think

Quote Originally Posted by Juano View Post
    Restos going to be buffed in the next patch so I think you should go for it, also you have all the possible roles to choose for an OS.

so yeah next patch is gonna be very fun to play resto I think
    I saw the blue post suggesting this but I haven't seen it data mined. Has it been confirmed??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I saw the blue post suggesting this but I haven't seen it data mined. Has it been confirmed??
    9% healing across the board.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre