Thread: Solo Scenario's

Solo Scenario's

From the WoW-site:
    Loot is plentiful – we’ve added tons of new daily quests to the zone, with reward satchels that include tokens to summon killable bosses, and keys for the Treasure Room, a single-player loot-grabbing scenario. You’ll also be able to unlock new reward areas throughout the island, including the Lightning Forge: once used by the ancient mogu to craft weapons of titanic power, now co-opted by your side’s blacksmiths.

More information on http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=210439/5...crawler-on-pvp

When we tested out the scenario, it was a work in progress as no hostile mobs were present, but all the treasure chests were filled with loot and the levers needed to activate all the doors worked. The scenario is a series of rooms with chests scattered around--some easy to reach, some annoying. With hostile mobs present, it's easy to see how players would have to plan out a careful route to maximize looting chests while dodging and fighting monsters. In addition, each room is opened by a lever, some of which are far away from their doors.

===============================================================================

I really enjoy this.
    For years people have been asking for 'solo-content' where they can prove their skills.
    First we have the Fight Club, now we get this.
    I wonder what's next?

Huh. Means that people won't be fighting over who gets into the Treasure Room like I originally thought it would be like.

I hope the rewards are worth it.

I mean it'll be Spirits of Harmony, probably some other Mats, Gold, etc. but I hope there's also a special reward if you somehow open all Chests or a certain number of them and get out in time.

I really enjoy soloing stuff, so I'm game!
    ASRock 990FX - FX-8320 @ 4.2 / 10c Idle 35c Max - G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866 - Radeon 7770 - Raidmax 850 - WD 1TB - WD 500GB

At the moment they also drop Elder Charms, so you can get T14 faster and Shan'ze ritual stones.
    You need three of those stones to summon an elite that requires a group to be killed.

Single player loot grabbing scenario? Reminds me of DC Universe online (the vault)

I -LOVE- this. While it's unclear to me if you need anything to enter that, I could see this as a potential gold farming place AND fun to do. I've actually seen one playthrough and it's very clever. And it gives you more than just Elder charms and gold - Motes/Spirits too!

sounds like something out of a zelda game would be great if there is something like a jumping puzzle or something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Riordrian View Post
    sounds like something out of a zelda game would be great if there is something like a jumping puzzle or something similar
    The question now: Will they do a sly parody of this theme?

http://youtu.be/AA_dMjRSSLk

Puzzle scenarios would be great.

I'm still amazed how the game continues to create solo content for an MMO. The community worked better when it had to bite its tongue and actually work together. LFR for the single raider, LFD for the single dungeoner, solo scenarios for the single runner, and all old raids can now be entered and solo'd (if you know how to play your class, or have the right class for the job).

Just wondering how much more single player content is coming to the multiplayer game. It doesn't ruin my experience at all... just makes me wonder if they are getting wow ready for single player action in time to launch Titan. Eventually WoW will drop below a million subs. I guess they are making sure die hard players will still have something to do 5 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I'm still amazed how the game continues to create solo content for an MMO. The community worked better when it had to bite its tongue and actually work together. LFR for the single raider, LFD for the single dungeoner, solo scenarios for the single runner, and all old raids can now be entered and solo'd (if you know how to play your class, or have the right class for the job).

Just wondering how much more single player content is coming to the multiplayer game. It doesn't ruin my experience at all... just makes me wonder if they are getting wow ready for single player action in time to launch Titan. Eventually WoW will drop below a million subs. I guess they are making sure die hard players will still have something to do 5 years from now.
    Because adults don´t like to have to schedule their lives around a video game. I am happy that you can schedule 7pm-11pm Tues-thurs to play a game, but the rest (most?) of us can´t. One of the reason WOW has 10M players is because the developers realized this and it opened the game to millions of players who could never do something like an 8hr raid boss in EQ.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 03:19 PM ----------

A few years ago, I took a break from WOW and played DDO. In DDO, you can do almost any ´dungeon´ solo. Some are very short, some are long, but it is a much better questing system then WOW because the devs can schedule ambushes, traps, puzzles etc all within that little dungeon. You have to deal with patrols, with adds, with CC in a very controlled environment. I would love it if WOW evolved their questing system to a more 1-person scenerio type of thing. It also would solve the problem of mob-tagging etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Because adults don´t like to have to schedule their lives around a video game. I am happy that you can schedule 7pm-11pm Tues-thurs to play a game, but the rest (most?) of us can´t.
    You might want to get to know someone before making assumptions. I was merely commenting on the mass introduction of soloable content. For the record, I am not a raider... yet. When I do start it will be Saturday nights only, as that is when I have my free time. Also, I schedule my game around my life, and not the reverse as suggested. Commenting about the state of solo content and the introduction of more is in no way an insult to those who use the service. No where in my post did I insult players who used those items.

I am pleased that WoW is opening its options for its players, my only concern is... what's the catch? I'm trying to get a better glimpse into the long term plan rather than the short term solution.

The Patient
    Current scenarios are easily soloed, problem is you need 3 to get in : /

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    While it's unclear to me if you need anything to enter that
    I understand from....

and keys for the Treasure Room, a single-player loot-grabbing scenario
    ...that is some kind of GuoLai Treasure Chest keys dropped from mobs in IoT.

This sounds like alot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    I understand from....

...that is some kind of GuoLai Treasure Chest keys dropped from mobs in IoT.
    Yep, it is just a little more of an advanced system then we already had with the GL keys. Instead of getting a key and trying to find the chest, now you get a key that allows you to enter a scenario where you can use your skills to increase your loot.

I'm still amazed how the game continues to create solo content for an MMO.
    Especially since CRZ was largely implemented to stop it feeling like a solo game, iirc?

It didn't "work better", less than 5% of the community saw raids back then, and dungeon attendance was far, far, far, far, far, far, far lower. That's why these changes were made. Most of the players aren't experiencing content they put the most money into making. So either they find ways to put more people into that content, or they stop making the content.