Wind Lord Mel"jarak HC - how to dps?

Ok we just downed Wind Lord on HC and my dps is kinda low ( had only 200k ). So I was wondering how to u open on this fight, what do u use on adds before 600% dmg buff... Any help would be thankful

I can't really provide an answer but... for those that can... they probably would need to know if you are Feral or Balance.

And on the off chance nobody helps you after that... try checking http://www.worldoflogs.com/ rankings and see what they used.

As a general rule though for this fight I'd say its: maximize AoE, with preference towards the pack you are getting down first, until recklessness - during reck, maximize single target (of course). That's it really.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-02-04 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    What I did last time we killed it was just the normal starter but without cooldowns. So start 75 towards lunar, starfall wrath starfall and normal rotation. DoT all targets up with moonfire and use starsurges on the adds you want dead first. I didn't bother AoE'ing at all.

i also do the normal opener and before reck comes i try to put myself pre-lunar and then i get both dots on all targets so during reck and cds i can chain starsurge like never before. Usually end up 350-400k

keep dots rolling on everything, starsurge all day every day. right before the adds die switch over to the boss and make sure you get 1 cast away from lunar with a double starfall. essentially set up your opener. pot, and go big. get off the boss when CA has ~4 seconds left on it and dot everything up, starsurges into the boss. dont bother with the last step if your guild gets 2 sets low and kills them back to back.

If you're a moonkin, start one cast to solar. You only want to hurricane when you're killing the adds. I didn't make a single change with eclipses before cooldowns but make sure to time your switch right. Pop all cooldowns for recklessness and make sure you lust there as well.

I did this and ranked 1st excluding Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    If you're a moonkin, start one cast to solar. You only want to hurricane when you're killing the adds. I didn't make a single change with eclipses before cooldowns but make sure to time your switch right. Pop all cooldowns for recklessness and make sure you lust there as well.

I did this and ranked 1st excluding Asia.
    Yeah, sorry i play as moonkin.

What i did was start 1 cast from lunar. I used starfall on pull, then went into lunar, applyed dots and adds, when starfall was off i used new one and continued to dot adds + I used starsurge on proc. When 1st group of adds died i used CDs and switched to boss, used pot + hero. When i got into solar I used new CD + starfall + applied dots and continued to use starfire till i had buff from CD.

Thanks for pinters, I will try to switch tacts on next kill