Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    obviously i would enchant it and use it to hunt monsters and demons and other such shadow folk O-O
    Obligatory:

OT: I would keep it, safely store it and take it to the range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in a respectable, and responsible household so I would gladly take it and hide it somewhere until I get my license to conceal and carry(which I want to get sometime in the future). I don't know why people think guns are bad to have. Unless you live in a place where you can't trust your friends or even family, a gun could someday save your life or even your whole family. A time is going to come where the police aren't going to be able to help you whether you can't reach the phone to call them or your in a situation where it might take too long for the police to get to your house or wherever you're at. Like I said I will be going to get a license to conceal and carry whenever I am able to. People are just too unpredictable and you never know whats going on in their minds so some protection might be nice in the case where he might try to mug me with a knife or gun. Some days I just feel so vulnerable without having some protection on me because of the people I interact with and the people I pass walking down the street. I don't like to feel that way. One night (really late at night sometime after midnight) some random guy rang our doorbell. We were sort of nervous opening the door because we didn't know him and people we know stop contacting us around 8:00. It turned out he was just at the wrong house for a party but what if that guy was up to something? He could've just shot us right when we opened the door. If we had a gun ready at least we could've known that we would be prepared if he did (thank goodness he didn't)

People have just got to remember that it's not guns that are bad it's the person wielding that gun. A gun is an inanimate object. It has no feelings, no thoughts, it's just a man made contraption that shoots out a projectile (being the bullet of course).
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-02-08 at 04:07 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I would either decline politely, or be so stunned I take it anyways. If I do end up taking it, I will just take it to the police, I don't have a use for a gun and don't want one.

Deleted
    If the law allowed it i would keep it.

i could use it to shoot at the annoying birds in the trees outside my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'd sell it.
    Same.

In fact, I'm friends with a gun manufacturer - and he'd probably know what I can do with it, if not just simply purchase it from me.

Yes, he knows my stance on guns. That doesn't stop us being friends. ^_^

At first, I will be scared. And I'll ask him why gun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell it and buy something else. Maybe a sword?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank person for the gift. Take to police department to see if it is legit. If it is, keep it and enjoy the gift. Take a course on proper gun safety and keep for home safety or return to original seller/gun dealer for money. If not legit, turn in to PD and move on.

Why make the process so difficult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I would thank them, hopefully it was a m1911a1 since that was my issue side arm when I was in the Marines back in the Early 90s. Yes the Beretta was being phased in at that time but they had major issues, from what I understand they fixed the problems, but I never carried one so the old Colt would be a fitting gift.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Same thing I did with the AR-15 and M1 Garand my father gave me 3 years ago, keep them safe until I need them or go to the range. Rifles go in a heavy standing gun safe, handgun would go in a safe like this one http://www.gunvault.com/minivault-gv1000s.html so I could access it quickly if I needed it.

But the FIRST thing I would do is go buy some ammo and head to my local gun range.
    Nice, I would love to get a M1 Garand, they have such a nice feel to them. Granted if it was in the classic condition with wood. I have seen some reworked with plastic and they just felt cheap.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    obviously i would enchant it and use it to hunt monsters and demons and other such shadow folk O-O
    lol, yah whats sad I have a ritual I do with every firearm I have ever owned, so it's not as insane as it sounds.

New gun ritual.

Disassemble everything.
    Clean and inspect each piece.
    Use the proper oil on what needs oiling.
    lay out on white cloth smile as I look at it.

Put it back together.

Than do this 3 more times.

Finally wear blindfold and do the same thing.

My ritual is about learning to be "1" with your weapon and it is totally silly. But it is fun.

Though I am an avid supporter of guns I don't believe handguns have any use outside of them being easily stored in your nightstand as a first line of defense against home invasion.

I am generally supportive of banning handguns altogether as I don't think that the excuse of them generally causing less damage to my own property during a home invasion is relevant enough to keep them legal considering the majority of gun related deaths are due to handguns themselves.

Of course I have several other options sitting inside a locked gun safe inside my bedroom.

As for those of you who choose not to own guns I have 2 pictures to sum up my thoughts

Last edited by skrump; 2013-02-09 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

lol, yah whats sad I have a ritual I do with every firearm I have ever owned, so it's not as insane as it sounds.

New gun ritual.

Disassemble everything.
    Clean and inspect each piece.
    Use the proper oil on what needs oiling.
    lay out on white cloth smile as I look at it.

Put it back together.

Than do this 3 more times.

Finally wear blindfold and do the same thing.

That really isn't weird or strange. Everyone should inspect and learn to strip their gun before using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell it of course, a hand gun is just a waste of money anyways. Think I could find better things to use that money for.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    That really isn't weird or strange. Everyone should inspect and learn to strip their gun before using it.
    I guess that is why I am hard on the people who are pro-NRA because I see so many people who don't learn to respect a weapon. I am glad you do.

Buy a gun safe and put it in there.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I'd put it in my front yard, on an otherwise empty card table with a sign reading "Don't Take This."

And I'd rig the table with claymores. In this version, my friend also gifts me claymores.

Nah, I'd take it to a range.

I'd immediately point it into the sky and empty the clip, shouting YEEEHAWWWW while jumping around.

And then wonder why they gave me a loaded gun as a gift, that's just silly, why would you do that? Gun safety 101 and whatnot.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I would get rid of it, but not before I engraved every single bullet with "love from Emma" or <insert any name> of the giver. That way when the bullets got into circulation she could watch the news knowing exactly what kids had been killed by her gift in another pointless gang or school shooting.

Deleted
    I'd go to shooting ranges, although it's not even legal for me to own one in Denmark.