Thread: JinRohk?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

JinRohk?

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but was there not two 2h swords (in ZA and ZG) with similar names to this new 5.2 boss, 'Jin'Rohk the Breaker'?
    Wonder if the weps and the boss are somehow related..

There was Zin'rokh the Destroyer of Worlds. Im dont think there was a Jin'rokh

Edit: There was one called Jin'rohk, the Great Apocalypse. My bad.
    Last edited by Sills; 2013-02-05 at 12:49 AM.

Jin'rokh was a dire troll on yojamba isle before catacylsm.
    Twas brillig

Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Jin'rokh was a dire troll on yojamba isle before catacylsm.
    Wait THAT's him? I remember him...

he became a boss.. well, not unexpected since the Zandalari turned on us.. backstabbers... /sob

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope his going to say something when i attack him with his own weapon (Which i still have)
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Hope his going to say something when i attack him with his own weapon (Which i still have)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

he became a boss.. well, not unexpected since the Zandalari turned on us.. backstabbers... /sob
    I knew his name sounded familiar. I kept figuring I was confusing him with the sword.

haha oops *Jin'Rokh

very weird

Unfortunately, Blizz stated that the two aren't related.

Their proof was that the H and K were switched and thus were two different names...

10+ Year Old Account

That is Jin'rokh, he was a Vanilla npc that sells patters. This is him now because of the Zandalari / Mogu union :

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Their proof was that the H and K were switched and thus were two different names...
    Where is this quote you speak of? Cause the only thing different about the weapon OP is asking for and Jin'Rohk is that Zin'Rohk is the weapon name..Z and J..but nothing was switched around so I am curious as to what you are talking about
    Last edited by Captain Gir; 2013-02-05 at 05:39 AM.

Really like how blizzard brings back characters like Jin'Rohk from vanilla WoW. They breathe new life into them and show progression of the story, even in the most minor of ways. It's kinda sad that he helped us and is now our enemy.

With a title like "The Great Apocalypse" he better bring about Cataclysm 3.0.

I would love the irony if the Vale ended up being used by the legion to come into Azeroth causing another Shattering but this time right in the center of the land that tried to shut themselves away from the last 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Dungeon Journal:

When the Thunder King awoke, he rewarded the most loyal and ambitious Zandalari trolls with power beyond their wildest dreams. The berserker Jin'rokh was one of the first to receive the King's blessing, and even though Lei Shen's gifts nearly tore his body apart, the troll is now capable of calling the fury of the storm in battle.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Jin'rokh_the_Breaker

It's the same dude.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    With a title like "The Great Apocalypse" he better bring about Cataclysm 3.0.

I would love the irony if the Vale ended up being used by the legion to come into Azeroth causing another Shattering but this time right in the center of the land that tried to shut themselves away from the last 2 times.
    The Great Apocalypse is the weapon, The Breaker is the Troll.

Although it's possible that both are different translations of the Troll word "Jin'Rokh". Zin'Rokh was Destroyer of Worlds, maybe "Rokh" means destroyer or apocalypse or something. Seems to be modelled on "Raganarok". I wonder what the difference between "Zin" and "Jin" are though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted

Not really that much of a backstabbers when you think about troll history for a second.
    They remember the times when trolls used to be one true empire across the world ranging from south Kalimdor as Zul'farrak to northern Eastern Kingdom as Zul'Aman.
    now they see their capitals and races treated as nothing more than quest hubs and loot pinatas. I dunno about you but I sure would cut down some of my old failing ties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I had some hopes al akir would say something when i show up with the blade i ripped of his son but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Really like how blizzard brings back characters like Jin'Rohk from vanilla WoW. They breathe new life into them and show progression of the story, even in the most minor of ways. It's kinda sad that he helped us and is now our enemy.
    Other Zandalar Npc return as well, as Quest objectives or Rare mobs in the Isle of Thunder.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Al%27tabim_the_All-Seeing
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Molthor

10+ Year Old Account

Where, would you say, do you remember him?

From somewhere in an elevated, rocky region?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.