Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    As an alternative to an idea, arcane mending.

Cauterizing wounds shut with fire, rewinding time to heal damage (like alter time) and using frost shields as a preventative measure (think disc bubbles)
    I've got an even better idea. No Mage healer specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Nice imagination OP but a Mage that heals is a very bad Idea and not appealing at all. Why is that? Because a Healer Mage never existed in any lore as I know....

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    Wow, lots of angry people jumping on OP. He clearly stated this was just for fun.

Personally, if I had the power to create a second role for mages I would go for Frost tank. It could work as kind of a CC/avoidance tanking. Imagine a frost mage with two stances, regular as it is today or its tanking stance where the mage becomes encased in ice (think iceman in x-men).
    Lol... would love to see the rage in PVP forums if a Frost Mage gets a Tanking spec.
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2013-02-05 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    OP is a Shaman healer, judging by the percentages of mana costs and returns.

Pretty post, but bad idea. Try something else, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    OP is a Shaman healer, judging by the percentages of mana costs and returns.

Pretty post, but bad idea. Try something else, maybe.
    IMO problem with this spec that it is uses only frost spells. All mage specs are capable of using all three elements (arcane, fire, frost) but OP is limiting this spec to frost only
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Lol... would love to see the rage in PVP forums if a Frost Mage gets a Tanking spec.
    Just remember MoP beta when warlock tanking was so powerful that it could make a effective tank spec. But they nerf it very rapidly saying that it's designed to be occasional off-tanking.

Even GC have stated that pure still exist because some player don't want/like to heal/tank.

For a theoretical mage healing spec I think Arcane Mending idea is much better, using time to rewind wounds and buff allies, debuff enemies.

I'd much rather see a Mage tank spec though. I've loved the idea ever since the Crimson-Battle Mages in old Stratholme:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Crimson_Battle_Mage
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Scarlet_battle_mage

Scarlet battle magi are some of the deadliest members of the Scarlet Crusade; their knowledge of arcane magic is tempered with zeal and training in martial arms. In combat, powerful battle magi might charge into a unit of Scourge creatures and lay it to waste with incendiary magic, and then obliterate any survivors with ordinary or enchanted steel.
    The spec would get an empowered Molten Armour (or a new armour spell, but fire themed), be able to wield Shields (or maybe stalves in offhand to block with!) and lose wands. They'd wear cloth as normal but with passives to make the stats apply more defensively, and their spells scale poorly to keep damage in check. Their spells and attacks are a mix of Fire AoE stuff (modified for tanking) with enchanted weapon swings and enchanted shield/staff blocks as well as a few dots.

I know it's a pipe dream but always wanted to play one since I saw those Crimson Battle Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    For a theoretical mage healing spec I think Arcane Mending idea is much better, using time to rewind wounds and buff allies, debuff enemies.

I'd much rather see a Mage tank spec though. I've loved the idea ever since the Crimson-Battle Mages in old Stratholme:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Crimson_Battle_Mage
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Scarlet_battle_mage

The spec would get an empowered Molten Armour (or a new armour spell, but fire themed), be able to wield Shields (or maybe stalves in offhand to block with!) and lose wands. They'd wear cloth as normal but with passives to make the stats apply more defensively, and their spells scale poorly to keep damage in check. Their spells and attacks are a mix of Fire AoE stuff (modified for tanking) with enchanted weapon swings and enchanted shield/staff blocks as well as a few dots.

I know it's a pipe dream but always wanted to play one since I saw those Crimson Battle Mage.
    How about -no-. Ghostcrawler hit the nail on the head; some people play pures because they don't want to be pressured into having an alternate tank/healer specialization just because it is there. Mages are a damage dealing and utility class, period.

It's as bad as all those demon hunter class suggestions.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How about -no-. Ghostcrawler hit the nail on the head; some people play pures because they don't want to be pressured into having an alternate tank/healer specialization just because it is there. Mages are a damage dealing and utility class, period.

It's as bad as all those demon hunter class suggestions.
    Why does everyone assume you'll be pressured into having the spec always ready to go and be experienced with it?

To me this seems like the same argument as when someone in a guild is being forced to play a spec just because the raid leader is an idiot. Whenever it comes up people say well you can either put up with it or find other people to raid with. I don't see why the same rules don't apply for this.

The hardcore players will adapt and use it to their advantage and casuals will just have more options to choose from.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Why does everyone assume you'll be pressured into having the spec always ready to go and be experienced with it?

To me this seems like the same argument as when someone in a guild is being forced to play a spec just because the raid leader is an idiot. Whenever it comes up people say well you can either put up with it or find other people to raid with. I don't see why the same rules don't apply for this.

The hardcore players will adapt and use it to their advantage and casuals will just have more options to choose from.
    Because that is the way it runs. Raid groups pressure their hybrids into having viable off-specs all the time; which is actually rather sensible, given that dps are dime a dozen while healers and tanks are generally not.

Furthermore, we have enough healer and tank classes, and enough specs for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because that is the way it runs. Raid groups pressure their hybrids into having viable off-specs all the time; which is actually rather sensible, given that dps are dime a dozen while healers and tanks are generally not.
    Isn't this a problem with how players think about hybrids and not about there being multiple roles?

I had hoped that players would be respectful of peoples wishes if they don't want to play another spec. You don't expect a druid to have gear and be experienced with all four specs.

Fix the problem, not build the game around it.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

mage healers would make much more sense by using time magic than frost magic.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly all these "talents" are talents from other classes ... with a new name .. and yeah .. frost. =\

I like the IDEA, but these abilities are not even close to being possible.

Want another Healer class - we need a 'true' healer that doesn't use mana (absorb recuperate cycle)
    Want another Mage spec - how about archmage (multi element spells - frostfire would be a spec spell etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Want another Mage spec - how about archmage (multi element spells - frostfire would be a spec spell etc)
    I think it would be an incredibly bad idea to make a 4th dps spec. There's enough problems balancing the three we have.
    Armory

There is never going to be a healer who doesn't need mana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There is never going to be a healer who doesn't need mana
    Yeah, we're having a hard enough time weaning DPS off the resource :P

The only way I can see a mage healer working is if their healing was done by rewinding time.

imagine arcane missiles healing woom woom woom woom

ill just stick to topping the meters thank u very much, if i want to heal ill just reroll

I could image Frost to be more the shield kind of guy. Actually maybe not a classic healer with healing spells, more the slow the opponent/boss down or prevent some damage of his attacks + shield the people to prevent damage. I'm aware that this could be pretty OP, but I like the idea
    Don't be so rude to Zerdus. He just had an idea and wanted to share. Write don't constructive feedback or just shut up.