Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    1% Spell Reflect meta gems

    I was in arena a few days ago, and fighting against a ret paladin.
    All was going well and we were about to get the kill when my death coil was reflected... it cost us the kill and eventually they won.
    It just seems pretty unfair that a passive gem can determine which team wins an arena match. Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    If not, how about just for arenas..

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Sarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,167
    get owned by rng

  3. #3
    theyve chosen to gem an RNG gem for lucky wins i dont see a problem...

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Kellytm3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach,SC
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    I was in arena a few days ago, and fighting against a ret paladin.
    All was going well and we were about to get the kill when my death coil was reflected... it cost us the kill and eventually they won.
    It just seems pretty unfair that a passive gem can determine which team wins an arena match. Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    If not, how about just for arenas..
    a 1% chance to reflect,he got lucky with it going off at that moment.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    theyve chosen to gem an RNG gem for lucky wins i dont see a problem...
    Give me an example of another non class-specific item or ability that relies on RNG which can be used in arena?

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Findus707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    I was in arena a few days ago, and fighting against a ret paladin.
    All was going well and we were about to get the kill when my death coil was reflected... it cost us the kill and eventually they won.
    It just seems pretty unfair that a passive gem can determine which team wins an arena match. Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    If not, how about just for arenas..
    Whats the point of gems if they dont give you a better chance to win?
    Its the same with gear, classes, weapons or spell, if no one had any of them, there whould not be any win or lose :P

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    /over/here.php
    Posts
    847
    Spell Reflect is for Spell Reflect. He chose THAT particular gem for THAT particular effect, losing something else. Live with it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    Death Coil deals damage, whether it's a warlocks or a death knights.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Whats the point of gems if they dont give you a better chance to win?
    Its the same with gear, classes, weapons or spell, if no one had any of them, there whould not be any win or lose :P
    1% of damaging spells reflected would still give them a better chance to win.
    Reflecting an 8 second fear/polymorph seems unfair given that they don't put any effort into reflecting it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Whats the point of gems if they dont give you a better chance to win?
    Its the same with gear, classes, weapons or spell, if no one had any of them, there whould not be any win or lose :P
    I don't think it's quite the same. Their used to enhance your characters performance, not add more RNG.

  11. #11
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,538
    This reminds me of the time I reflected a Mage's Deep Freeze. Good times, good times.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

  12. #12
    And what if instead, in another game, that same Ret got someone down to 1000 HP but then got healed back up and cost the game.

    Only if he had a 3% crit damage meta.

    Durr?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshowl View Post
    Death Coil deals damage, whether it's a warlocks or a death knights.
    I meant warlock death coil.
    And i said damaging spells or non CCing spells

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    I meant warlock death coil.
    And i said damaging spells or non CCing spells
    And it is still a damaging spell.

  15. #15
    Field Marshal Nelinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    73
    but then you could go down the road of asking blizz to prevent shammies using grounding totem in arena.... where would it stop??
    on the other side of the coin, theyve chosen to use a gem that will not reflect a spell for the other 99% of rng....
    sounds to me like yr just pissed cos you lost....

    Time is Eternal.... Thankfully Blonde moments are over quickly!
    Signature by Mystyka

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral Taros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind the Times, Iowa
    Posts
    1,068
    I swear I've seen threads about this before, but maybe it's just deja vu. This gem kicks massive amounts of ass and always seems to come through when you need it most. It doesn't need a nerf. You have the choice to use it too if you want to, just like everyone else. My advice? Use it!

  17. #17
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I swear I've seen threads about this before, but maybe it's just deja vu. This gem kicks massive amounts of ass and always seems to come through when you need it most. It doesn't need a nerf. You have the choice to use it too if you want to, just like everyone else. My advice? Use it!
    I´ve had it all through Cataclysm and I´ve seen it proc twice. And yes, I played alot of PvP.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

  18. #18
    If you think its good, then use it too.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Taros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind the Times, Iowa
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I´ve had it all through Cataclysm and I´ve seen it proc twice. And yes, I played alot of PvP.
    Must be some bad luck man. I have the poopiest luck in everything else but it seems to pay off when using this gem because it procs all the time for me and most of the time it's reflecting something handy like a cc or nuke.

  20. #20
    Was me against a ret paladin in a arena, only us left.
    Started of by reflecting my Paralyzis getting me rooted to proceed to reflect my disarm fear a cupple of secconds later, was about then I left the PvPing to my warrior.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •