Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

10 points of my intellEgence for perfect health? .... HELL YEA

Really, they can take all of my intellEgence for simply exceptional health.

10 points would be enough to narrowly drop me from Mensa, so i don't think i would. I actually think i'd rather lose my legs than my above-average understanding of the universe. Hell, i'd propably trade my legs for ten more points.

Unfortunately, I have too. I have a food problem, and it has a problem with me. I love food. Then to top it off, I'm a Chef. So I have to work out. When I spend roughly 10 hours in the gym a week. That takes a lot of spare time, I would have, to help my profession.

Blessed and Cursed. Being a Chef allows me to eat to get big muscularly. Though, because I eat SO MUCH all the time, I have to workout to maintain a balance. *So many First World Problems*

Deleted
    High intelligence equals higher risk of depression. So by lowering it a mere 10 points to gain perfect health and a little less chance of depression. Can't see why I wouldn't!

10+ Year Old Account
    No question I'd make that deal. Christ, I'd drop 20 IQ points for perfect health. I'd start sleeping for once, and considering how all of my fears revolve around having to get medical procedures, it'd practically leave me a fearless man. Easy. Very easy choice for me, perfect health is worth far more than intelligence imo.

Deleted
    I'm pretty healthy even though I can't eat some stuff, so I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    Now when I say perfect health, I mean no allergies, obesity, genetic defects, things that can stick with people for life, not things like the common cold. You would die one day around 85 (because you are in awesome health)

10 IQ points for perfect health? Yes or no?
    Eat right and exercise and you're almost there. Some things are unavoidable. Unfortunately most people have no idea what they're really eating. Get off the computer and go exercise!

15+ Year Old Account
    10 points isn't too bad as I'd still be above average (not by much though), so yes. Though I prefer being intelligent and not having perfect health above being a dumb fuck who doesn't get ill.

I would take that deal in a second. Intelligence is pretty meaningless if you're not healthy enough to be able to do much with it or enjoy your life.

Of course i would. Intelligence is a burden.

Only 10 points, sure ill do it

Despite running a high risk of getting diabetes (thanks to my father /shake fist). I would rather keep my intelligence.

Hmm, didn't we have this kind of thread just recently? I also saw a TV show where they asked people on the street the same question. The majority indeed would trade in some of their intelligence in exchange for better looks.

Which I find HILARIOUS. The sole fact that everyone seems to think that they actually have intelligence to spare, or are at least better equipped IQ-wise than in the physique department, tells so much that it doesn't require any further comment. Self-explanatatory, self-defining and priceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    10 points of my intellEgence for perfect health? .... HELL YEA

Really, they can take all of my intellEgence for simply exceptional health.
    So, you want to become a monkey?

Health is the most, what all should want and care of. I should sacrifice my intelligence for health, if there was option, like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    No that's like 140 and up, ~10% are 120 and up.
    I believe the minimum to enter Mensa was 130, which is around 2%.

OT: No, I would never.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    I've got an IQ that is slightly better than average: 115-120 (average IQ in western societes is considered to be arond 90-110). I've been measured 3 times (official tests, done by professionals). Considered that average human IQ is around 90-110, so a 10 point drop in my IQ wouldn't really be deal breaker. So there's no doubt I wouldn't give up 10 pts of IQ for better looks and gewd health. Peace!
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2013-02-05 at 12:33 PM. Reason: sekavaa tekstiä

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    After reading the thread on intelligence for beauty, it got me to thinking about my health. Its been declining as of late, and with a new possible diagnosis for me I think I would gladly trade my intellegence for perfect health.

Now when I say perfect health, I mean no allergies, obesity, genetic defects, things that can stick with people for life, not things like the common cold. You would die one day around 85 (because you are in awesome health)

10 IQ points for perfect health? Yes or no?
    Only 10? Of course I would take that trade. If it was 50 or 100 then I would have to pass but 10 is nothing. Even after trading that 10 I would still be well above the curve of the average human.

Card carrying Mensa member FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

It would hypothetically cause a very long life span on individuals which should have a very short life span.