Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you trade Intellegence for Perfect health for life?

After reading the thread on intelligence for beauty, it got me to thinking about my health. Its been declining as of late, and with a new possible diagnosis for me I think I would gladly trade my intellegence for perfect health.

Now when I say perfect health, I mean no allergies, obesity, genetic defects, things that can stick with people for life, not things like the common cold. You would die one day around 85 (because you are in awesome health)

10 IQ points for perfect health? Yes or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I think i would

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather live a short life brilliantly than live a long life stupidly.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    10 iq points dude..thats like remembering some stupid ass cartoon on tv 10 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intellegence? Yikes...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    Yes, I can afford to lose 10 points, thats nothing really.

10+ Year Old Account
    My genes are really messed up, but I woud have to say no.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Intellegence is relative. So it really depends on what you mean by that. In my perspective of intelligence I would have to say no. I would rather be intelligent than have "perfect health" or "life" because being intelligent can equal a more fulfilling life if you use it properly.

Have near perfect health, had asthma as a child but it went away, sadly im left with lungs that arent as good as normal, but due to training its perfectly fine, just wont be doing any competitions, although i did swimming and was fairly good.

But the question itself, yes... i would trade intelligence for perfect health as in never being sick (i get sick about one a year? darn summer) and not aging, then yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 points? sure
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yes, I can afford to lose 10 points, thats nothing really.
    lol, did you know that 0.2% of the entire population have over 120IQ, for most people 10 is alot
    Last edited by Sylf; 2013-02-05 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 10 points? I'm okay with this!

Trade away

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    After reading the thread on intelligence for beauty, it got me to thinking about my health. Its been declining as of late, and with a new possible diagnosis for me I think I would gladly trade my intellegence for perfect health.

Now when I say perfect health, I mean no allergies, obesity, genetic defects, things that can stick with people for life, not things like the common cold. You would die one day around 85 (because you are in awesome health)

10 IQ points for perfect health? Yes or no?
    I could afford 10 points I think, then again you never know what it would be like to just be dumber. Not really sure if I would go with that. I think that would have to include all illness not just what you cited for me to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends, having a good Intelligence betters our own health. To things as big as curing Smallpox to deciding to look both ways before you cross the street. Being intelligent is one of the things that make us healthy. With out it we would never got to where we are now.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-05 at 03:09 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'll keep my intelligence and my near-perfect health. Thanks.

Deleted
    I'd happily trade 10 IQ points for that.

10 IQ points is nothing. I could drop 10 and still be considered Exceptional on the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    lol, did you know that 0.2% of the entire population have over 120IQ, for most people 10 is alot
    No that's like 140 and up, ~10% are 120 and up.

To around 85...that's it? No. I don't have any health issues, and I think my chances of getting to 85 are pretty much the same...I'd rather have my intelligence.
    X

Deleted
    No way! I want my IQ intact.

At 20 I've got no problems with obesity, no allergies (that I know of), no physical defects, don't smoke/drink so I'm good on those fronts...

I think I'd rather keep my intelligence and just work to have a healthy body.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.