Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Haven't seen that one before, that tumblr usually has really interesting "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    He died in eighth place and we only know him because we live in a society where we don't celebrate anything not done by rich old white guys.
    You managed to combine racism and sexism in one sentence. Nice one.

I knew of her.
    I just don't think she still constitutes as a pirate, however. She seems more like a self-made Emperor. War-chief, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I knew of her.
    I just don't think she still constitutes as a pirate, however. She seems more like a self-made Emperor. War-chief, maybe.
    Tumblr and Wikipedia don't say how much of her fleet she build from scratch and how much she inherited from her husband either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Tumblr and Wikipedia don't say how much of her fleet she build from scratch and how much she inherited from her husband either.
    Well; I know about all sorts of people that may or may not have even existed...
    The fact that I know about someone doesn't make that someone real... :P

heh, Opened a brothel and lived until 69.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

I didn't realize bullying innocents into paying protection money and murder were signs of greatness.

Imagine her pirated movie collection... *droool*
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Edward Teach was the best, he set his fucking beard on fire to scare his enemies.
    Why would that scare anyo-

Okay - im scared...

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Except he got his ass killed and died...
    So he didn't get killed, just his ass? Very unfortunate he died to the wounds from his dead ass.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    For a prostitute I can't believe that she was feared enough for the Chinese to call the British and Dutch to help them take her out.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2013-02-05 at 02:05 PM.

If we measure success as we do in the case of this Lady she is hands down beaten by Francis Drake.

Many people tend to not really consider him a pirate as he was also an explorer, admiral and politician, but the man made his fortunes by ranksacking and traumatizing the Spanish Empire.

Altought if you ask the Spanish they will tell you that in their humble opinion Drake was a lowlife pirate.

Uhm hello. Gol D Roger king of pirates.

Deleted
    Someone has been on Reddit I see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pirate Bay > rest
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

White beard was the greatest pirate of his time. Strawhat Luffy will be the greatest pirate of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    heh, Opened a brothel and lived until 69.
    Hehuehuehue

I c wut u did thar.

OT: Bitches be cray! Naw but she sounds like a hell of a pirate. And the fact that she's kind of hot in that picture makes it even better. Don't judge me and my fantasies.

A life of crime and being a pirate, being such a pain in the ass to the super powers at the time that they let you leave and live in peace. A hell of a life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    1800 ships, wtf? Never even heard of her before.
    80000 crew / 1800 ship = 45 = very small coastal ship, contemporary European frigate, the smallest "real" warships have a crew of about 250 crew. Why could she resisted European fleets, because it was a titanic contest in Europe at the time... the Napoleon wars....

Sure she was a great pirate/warlord and was able to quit in time something most fail to do, but the greatest?