15+ Year Old Account

Do stats priority change for pvp?

(this is for gemming btw)I was wondering if the stat priority changes for pvp ret. Being that the gear comes with hit, I'm sure I wont have to gem for it. But how about haste? And then crit, mastery? I figured I'd be mainly gemming strength. And one other question...would I be better off taking Burden of Guilt over fist of Justice? That way I'd be able to use SoT as instead of SoJ? Thanks

P.S. I did glance through the Ret guide for MoP but it seemed like it focused more on Pve as far as gearing and what not.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to refer you to this for your PvP info. As far as I know it's up to date and accurate!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    ^^ Thanks!!!
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

It appears that Vanguards either transferred/name changed, or armory is being weird right now, but his profile isn't showing up. I recommend looking at his character for an idea on what to gem/enchant (I follow what he's done).

You generally want to get as much resilience as possible, wearing full pvp gear. Strength/Resilience in red sockets, Resilience in yellows/prismatics, and PvP Power/Resilience in blues. Reason being is that resilience outscales pvp power in it's effectiveness, in that the more resilience you get, the more powerful it becomes in increasing your effective health. I believe this is explained more in-depth in a sticky on the pvp forums. Aside from that, Rets have very limited defenses: bubble with a 5 minute cooldown (and is often dispelled immediately), divine protection once every minute, and then our self-heals if they aren't interrupted (and are quite meager anyway). Resilience helps give that breathing room, and makes it so we aren't made out of paper.

Reforging, you want 3% hit > 3% expertise > haste > crit > mastery. With full pvp gear, having 3/3 hit/expertise should be no issue. Haste seems to be the strongest return, making your global cooldown shorter, reducing the cooldown on all of our attacks (including judgement, which gives us more uptime on LAotL), in turn giving us more holy power for TVs or WoGs when necessary. Crit is more desirable to mastery simply because good RNG will win games. With pvp gear crit and inquisition, you'll sit at about 20% crit, and then you can get another 5% from party buffs. Mastery is not bad by any means, but it does not affect judgement, exorcism, or our heals, while crit does.

For solo or arena, FoJ is generally the best choice. Longer range on the stun, and a 30 second cooldown lets you rotate it in more and give you more chances to force trinkets or lock people out and score kills. Burden of Guilt is better in a situation when you're playing with partners that would be hindered by FoJ diminishing all the time, and lack a reliable snare. Say a Mage who needs Deep Freeze for landing shatters, but your FoJ diminishes it. You either have to use FoJ after deep freeze, on a different target, or you can use BoG instead for the snare. BoG shines better in RBGs for this reason, since stuns fly around all over the place, and having a snare on your target all the time or a judgement to catch a flag runner is invaluable.

Seal of Truth is more damage, yes, but if you're ever going to lose staying in melee range, and Seal of Justice would prevent that, it's a better option to use Seal of Justice.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Follow what Bacon said. Resilience stacking is almost necessary, especially for Ret. And for RBG's I would ask your healer, if you are going to be harassing EFC BoG is nice, and to use FoJ well in RBG's you have to pay attention to which enemies are getting hit by stuns.

Vanguards name has a bunch of alt codes in it now, i think he xfered and people had already taken his origional name and variations of his name, just go to arenajunkies.com and the paladin forums and u can find his name, and just copy him

Vanguards current toon and armory if you need a reference:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Cards/advanced

Expect the gemming to change in 5.2 but I believe the haste > crit > mastery stat priority will stay the same.

While pvp power may become more desirable, I still don't see it beating out resilience in a group setting, where ret paladins are constantly trained from start to end of games, and our healing isn't enough of a roadblock in an enemy team's roll. Having that extra 5% resilience is key.

In solo pvp, where having a boost in sacred shield/eternal flame will be nice, and majority of our fights are about landing a kill with our cds asap, pvp power may outpace resilience.