Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter self healing

Here's the deal - my guild is stuck on Blade Lord (we're not as awesome as we used to be) and during the tornado phase, I die 99% of the time. I try healing myself (there have been times where I literally get 0 healing) but it's never enough. No, I don't get caught by tornadoes.

Stoneform (dwarf racial, 10% less damage)
    Healthstone
    Exhilaration (twice if Readiness is available)

Is there anything else I might be missing? Not to "toot my own horn" but I'm top dps in the raid and it kills me inside when we miss a kill by 2-3% that I could easily take out by myself. Is Iron Hawk better than Exhilaration for this specific problem? (I normally use it, switched to Exhil to try to stay alive)

wtf ur healers doing ???

btw Aspect of the Iron Hawk and Glyph of Animal Bond is all that I use, hunters shouldnt have to bother self healing tbh
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2013-02-05 at 05:25 AM.

tame a spirit beast if your BM, actually a pretty good heal, with the glyph that makes your stampede make all the pets the same each of them heal you also.

You can deterrence some of the damage as well, especially if you're using Readiness.

You seriously use Exhilaration In PVE. Fuck you're horrible.
    Why not Invest in spirit bond and glyph of animal bond and or get a spirit beast for even more heals.
    You don't seem to realize how well that glyph works with spirit mend and spirit bond

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerqt View Post
    Why not Invest in spirit bond and glyph of animal bond and or get a spirit beast for even more heals.
    You don't seem to realize how well that glyph works with spirit mend and spirit bond
    That's quite the first post you've got there. Off to a great start insulting people!

Honestly it's more on your healers than you. One of the hard parts of the phase is healing on the move. Shamans should be using Spiritwalker's Grace, druids can HoT on the move and tree form to LB everyone, priests can shield and use penance on the run and renew and PoM and tons of stuff. Pallies are a bit boned, but they can do LoD and blanket the raid with holy shock/ES.

Also, Iron Hawk will probably mitigate more damage than exhiliration will provide over the course of this phase. Animal Bond glyph should be standard for you.

You can use healing potions as well as healthstones. They are not on the same cooldown.

Deleted
    Sounds like to me that there is something wrong with the healers.

Also
    -Are you rotating defensive raid cds (demo banner, rallying cry, divine hymn etc?)
    -Are you running together as a group during the tornados?
    -Before you start running, do you wait for a few seconds on the platform for everyone to get max health?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some calculations showing that Spirit Mend is better than Iron Hawk on this phase. Exhilaration would be better if you have readiness, otherwise about equal to Spirit Mend.
    If you die on the second half of that phase, you should start running earlier - not at 10% when he flies off, but at 11-12% depending on you raid's DoTs.
    But anyway it seems to be mostly healers' problem, if you don't get caught.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    whats your healing comp? I liked Spirit bond /w Glyph /w Mend Self macro from a spirit beast, Easy life, especially combined with engineering boots to lol ur way to the end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    I've seen some calculations showing that Spirit Mend is better than Iron Hawk on this phase. Exhilaration would be better if you have readiness, otherwise about equal to Spirit Mend.
    It's Spirit Bond (Spirit Mends is spirit beasts' ability). But yeh, it's better than both other talents for this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    But anyway it seems to be mostly healers' problem, if you don't get caught.
    Pretty much this.

I believe someone worked out the math earlier and showed that Spirit Bond was slightly better for the tornado phase. And healthstones/spirit beasts heals help as people mentioned.

But if your healers aren't healing you then there is nothing you can do. There's no way you can do all or even a significant amount of the healing required for that phase.

Yup all on your healers. Every single healer has heals that they can use while on the move. So if you get 0 healing and you're dying it is because of the following reasons:
    a) your healers are horrible at this game.
    b) you are not running with the group.
    c) after the first transition (20%) you are immediately running as soon as you get dropped to the other side. Big no no. If that is what is happening, what you need to do is save healer cd's for it. (Or atleast one). As soon as he pops everyone out, stay there. Drop a bubble etc, heal the entire raid to full. THEN run together as a group. There is no reason for anyone to die in that case. Then all you need is a healthstone and you should be fine. And deterrencing through it is always helpful, you're not losing any dps anyways.
    d) your healers are horrible at this game.

I would simply run with the group after getting topped up initially. And when the boss is at 12%, along with majority of the raid, run into the wind stream on the edges of the runway. You'll get to the other side instantly and pop out right as the boss flies over. Eliminates the time spent running in the middle, so less dmg taken. But if you still have problems, it's all on your healers man. 100%. There is no excuse, all healer classes have SOME form of on the move healing spells. Especially since you say you're dying almost all the time (without getting sucked in) then they should pay extra attention.

If you have healthstones then you have a lock, use the lock teleporter+ healthstone after the port. Run earlier then 10%(11% is good) on the second time he does the tornado thingy. Deterrence works awesome in a pinch.

You don't really specify, but out of curiosity, 10 or 25?

10+ Year Old Account
    Find your group's strongest healer and follow them. Not the best HPS healer you got, the one that's best at healing on the run. In my group it's the druid.

Are the healers topping you off before you guys start running? What's your healer comp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerqt View Post
    You can give advice without insulting them in the first place, if you can't handle that don't say anything at all.

About blade lord, you know the wind blowing in 1 direction at the sides? Use that to send 1 healer down to his new location at 11-12% so he's ready to heal people as they arrive when the boss switch sides at 10%, if everyone gets there alive by then its a free kill assuming you're dps and healers is decent.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-02-05 at 09:49 PM.

lol @ the troll thinking I run Exhilaration 100%

All sound advice, thank you everyone. I know about the whole "running with the wind" thing, and believe me, I would if I could - I am usually dead by the time I get 80% across the room right after the 20% transition. I think the problem is I'm starting too early trying to just make it across quickly to get the pain over with but in the end making it worse for myself. I'll see what happens if I wait 2-3 seconds before taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddargrits
    If you have healthstones then you have a lock, use the lock teleporter+ healthstone after the port. Run earlier then 10%(11% is good) on the second time he does the tornado thingy. Deterrence works awesome in a pinch.
    Actually, we didn't have a lock at the time. Had one of the tanks hop on theirs to give us HS's outside of the instance. The few times we have cleared the boss we've used the teleporters but it would be nice to not need them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade
    You don't really specify, but out of curiosity, 10 or 25?
    We do both 10 and 25. 25-mans are our main thing, but some of us who seem to enjoy raiding *more* run a 10man one or two nights a week.
    Healer comp last night was Holy Pally x2 and a Resto Druid. 25 comp usually consists of 2 Holy Pal, 2 Resto Druids, 2 Resto Shamans and a Disc Priest