Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Breimann View Post
    Healer comp last night was Holy Pally x2 and a Resto Druid. 25 comp usually consists of 2 Holy Pal, 2 Resto Druids, 2 Resto Shamans and a Disc Priest
    I see. Well, from a healing perspective, you should only be running 2 healers in your 10 man. Three is overkill, a dps loss, a longer transition into phase two and the third healer may not be doing much, which can create problems. A Holy Paladin and Disc priest are a great combo: They can spirit shell during stack points and are great with mobility healing. If you still have problems, tell any shamans in your raid to just drop healing stream, or pop spirit walker's grace and throw off a chain heal or two (although the healing this does is really minimal and only a last minute type of deal). In the mean time, if the druid has a boomkin spec - he can go into spell haste and you can do a different buff for the raid too.

Make sure the entire raid is topped off before running once you hit phase, and make sure the healers are in range of everyone.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-02-19 at 03:11 PM.

hey all, my guilds been having problems on this fight in HC while at 20% we can manage to get from 1 side of the room to the other but while were dpsing the boss from 20% to 10% most of use are dying, i know healers need to do more and save a raid CD but for now my question is what do you think about taking spirit bond talent over iron hawk for the HP regen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltradium View Post
    hey all, my guilds been having problems on this fight in HC while at 20% we can manage to get from 1 side of the room to the other but while were dpsing the boss from 20% to 10% most of use are dying, i know healers need to do more and save a raid CD but for now my question is what do you think about taking spirit bond talent over iron hawk for the HP regen?
    Iron Hawk still trumps Spirit bond, since you take less damage from other abilities that can be deadly(such as the Strike that he does, many times I've survived with ~5% of my health thanks to Iron Hawk -15% passive).

Also Iron Hawk scales better with content, where Spirit Bond scales off your gear.
    As damage goes higher, so does the mitigation value of Iron Hawk.

For example, an encounter with 20k damage every 1 seconds.
    0.85*20k = 17k per tick with Iron Hawk
    Assuming 400k health, which is 4k HPS, so 20k-4k = 16k per tick with Spirit Bond.
    -> Spirit Bond wins with 1k more "reduction".

However, when the damage goes up, to say 25k per tick;
    0.85*25k = 21.25k per tick
    25k-4k = 21k per tick
    Now the margin is only .25.

Wind Lord HC did about 29.9k damage per tick(Average, Iron hawk not calculated) with the AoE at the last phase to me.
    With Iron Hawk it's 25415 damage per tick
    With Spirit Bond, it's 25900 damage per tick
    -> Iron Hawk wins

nice 1 for the detailed explanation what about animal bond glyph does that work for spirit bond?

Iron Hawk + Animal Bond glyph + Healthstone + Deterrence is enough for you to be able survive tornado phase comfortably

if you still die a lot then ask your healers to start actually healing you

Since we're on the topic of Hunter self healing, how about that Battletron? I think I would outgear it considerably at 498 ilvl, but without health pot / lock stone, I could only get him to 50% before I died with ~160k burst during that time. Using a Spirit Beast unglyphed Stampede since I thought having 5% crit/10% haste/4% armor debuff would be more beneficial (pre lusting).

I got him down just barely with ~2-5% health (1, "maybe" 2 more ticks would have killed me), but I was still 40 seconds from the "RAIN OF FIRE BERSERK!" Along with only popping one orb thing the entire fight.

Do any other classes have self healing problems on this kind of thing?

Back to Blade Lord: My main cause of death on Blade Lord phase when I Lock Gate / Stampeding Roar(Yay Druids!) / Dash(Very limited Symbiosis!) / Disengage(glyphed) across the room in like 8 seconds and sit on the boss for like 15 more seconds before anyone arrives. xD Needless to say, Warlocks stopped dropping their gates. Main cause 2.0 is when I just get across too fast still.

Rarely do I die because of lack of heals when they are in range.

I only ever die on Blade Lord if I take the wind at 11% instead of 10.5% and my guildies take too long getting the rest of the thing down and I'm just sitting on the other side waiting for him to come on over.

Deleted
    Do you stay close to your healers or do you disengage and leave them behind with posthaste? Because if you are out of range they can't heal you obviously. As mentioned Iron hawk and Animal bond glyph will help, just wait to get topped from healers and then start running with them AND make sure you don't get caught in tornados falling behind and out of your healer's range.