Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The Witcher 3 is Official

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been revealed, appearing on the cover of the next issue of Game Informer.

The issue is available to digital subscribers now, ahead of the expected February 5 announcement CD Projekt RED teased in mid-January."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...-3-is-official

Well, it's Feb. 5th in Europe right now. And considering CD Project is located in EU it's actually right on time. Damn yanks.

But excellent news indeed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been revealed, appearing on the cover of the next issue of Game Informer.
    Don't link to ign then, change it for http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...wild-hunt.aspx.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

woo! Witcher 3! ...I hope we see Zoltan again, loved that dwarf XD

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
    30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
    New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
    Geralt's Memory is restored
    No chapters/acts
    Dude is fucking DONE fighting for everyone else
    Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
    Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles
    Pretty straight forward. Interesting that they're changing it from the structured act style to the more expansive open world style, but after the success of Skyrim, I suppose it's not that surprising.

Developer video:

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Witcher done Skyrim style? Hope it's done right, and if so, it should be pretty awesome loved the first two games and honestly hope the third continues with improvements!

I hope they dont shoot themselves in the foot with the open world stuff. Not every game has to be like Skyrim. One of the biggest strenghts of TW was the story telling, which usually doesnt work well with open world games. Day 1 buy neitherless, curious to see how that plays out.

The voice acting in this game has a really special place in my British heart, Looking forward to this one.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    The voice acting in this game has a really special place in my British heart, Looking forward to this one.
    Well I'm not British, but agree though, love the voice acting. It all just FITS.

Deleted
    i'm soooooo looking forward to this !
    loved both previous parts and played them through multiple times
    although witcher 2's act 3 was kind of a mess up - in my opinion

but i keep my hopes up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I hope they dont shoot themselves in the foot with the open world stuff. Not every game has to be like Skyrim. One of the biggest strenghts of TW was the story telling, which usually doesnt work well with open world games. Day 1 buy neitherless, curious to see how that plays out.
    This right here! Its a valid concern, and one I agree with. Typically I prefer non-sandbox games for this reason.

Geralt looks like he's getting older.

Personally I love the idea of making it open world. Assuming however they do it right. If they can keep the feel of the last game, but just add the freedom of the an open world then it should be fantastic.

Honestly I do not think they are doing this just due to skyrim been popular. This really does not seem like the type of devs that would just put something like that in because other games did it. I think they are doing it, because this is the direction they want to take the game.

Glad to hear it we need more mature rpg's.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Witcher and 2 are two of few RPGs I played and I loved it a lot.

Considering that the Witcher 2 exe wouldn't even load the game onto my system (after repeated email conversations w/ their tech support), I don't have much enthusiasm for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Considering that the Witcher 2 exe wouldn't even load the game onto my system (after repeated email conversations w/ their tech support), I don't have much enthusiasm for this one.
    Witcher 2 had rather extreme PC requirements. If it was some other major technical issue that prevented it from even launching the game though... well, user-error shouldn't be held against a good developer. They can't account for every single hardware finagling on every permutation of a PC hardware setup.

Deleted
    eurgh why are they giving geralt a beard..

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Geralt looks like he's getting older.
    lol but they live for centuries.. the beard is stupid. (and i love beards)

Gerald has a beard now?

GOTY

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Give it a shot. It's so goddamn worth it. TW2 was such a great game.