Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Grats Mage haters, hope you're all happy - they've just put the nail in the coffin for Arcane.
    Two specs (First Fire, now Arcane) down, one left to ruin (though, Frost is so far behind as is, no one will notice).

Not only do we not have scorch to help maintain charges any more, they removed our ability to do any sort of consistent effective damage while moving as well.

Laughably, citing that "Hey! You (Mages) don't need to be able to do competitive damage while moving, like say Hunters or Locks" - no, no instead we want you to plan, plant, etc.. - ie. Play better & harder to just keep up with other classes that can do so with ease.

Nevermind that the lvl90 talents for mages on their own are by far the most lame (necessity to play well Very well to be competitive, at the same time extremely restrictive in movement) in the game.

Yeah Blizz, that works fine in LFR - not so much in Heroics where the ability to move at a moments notice (While doing good DPS mind you) is a considerable part to the success of an encounter.
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 2013-02-05 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "blizzquote" links blue posts.

And I believe that only a very tiny percentage of the playerbase raided Sunwell when it was current content. Somewhere between 1-5%.

So "people in general" don't say that. If they did, you're either getting extreme selection bias, or a lot of people are just pretending that they raided in TBC.
    Only about 10% of the population raided in DS. The truth is, raiders are a minority.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Only about 10% of the population raided in DS. The truth is, raiders are a minority.
    It was more like 35% because of the LFR, afaik. And what reason to play if you dont PvP, raid or do both? Is there a reason to even log in at this stage? I doubt that the people who just play to pick up flowers even log in 4 hrs a week, whereas raiders are usually online 4 times a week for 4 hours MINIMUM!

Everything in this game is based around raiders, the professions and their perks... the consumables, materials and so on would be useless and would collapse without raiders. WoW revolves around raiders and PvE, sorry.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-02-05 at 10:38 AM.

*puts on LITERAL fish hat*

My life is complete.

Oh and that carnival top hat is AWESOME.

Deleted
    Why on earth would you hate AoE loot, "fuck this game looting is too fast."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    That's what I thought aswell.
    Also, +1 for top hat.

Deleted
    They are done !?!?!?!?
    What the fuck are they paid for ? on fryday, saturday and sunday they never work because it's the weekend, on monday, tuesday and thursday they are alway too busy with Shadow priest nerfs because they are retarded and can't understand where shadows are OP in pvp.

Where the fuck are the Balance druid and Elemental Shaman changes.
    Should I as a balance druid wait for the next expansion to get a fix ?

- I'll give all my gold to a Balance druid using Dream of Cenarius ! I challenge Blizzard to find one !
    - I'm still using the ONLY class which has silence on a 60 sec cooldown while everyone retain their blanket silences with 24sec cd
    - They have reverted Cyclone to be the shortest range CC ever
    - Mighty bash is still melee and can be dodged and parried
    - Force of Nature treants that could be summoned like mirror images still require us to click the ground (and lose the target sometimes)
    - Soul of the forest will never be used by ANYONE because it screws dot duration (hello!!!! we lose 2 sec on our dots without t14) and makes them finish always when you are in the middle of eclipses
    - Barkskin only reduces damages by 20% every other class can reduce them by 50% and more
    - Lunar Shower is still crap for movement dps
    - Starsurge still triggers multiple times but we can't use it becase if you are playing at range from your target you have to wait for the previous one to hit the target
    - Did a blizzard emplyee ever tried to kill a FC Warrior with his balance druid? hint: you can't outdps his passive healing !

Do blizzard think it's balanced that a shaman can bring to a group
    self ress+mastery+intellect+stormlash totem+healing tide totem+heroism while me as balance struggle to find a group for challenge modes because i no longer bring CoE (earth and moon) nor heroism ?

So now gear scaling is "acceptable" from BLizzard as long as specs and classes are within 5%- 10% of each other? Whats 10% of 5 million ? Gonna look awsome on DPS and healing meters....

Secondly - Some spells and abilites scale differently. So a class might become totally useless compared to another one in certain situations. Making character swapping become the only way to progress in raids...

Great job BLizzard - you really outdone yourself in terms of balance this time.

Deleted
    I don't get the DLC comic. Anyone care to elaborate?

Deleted
    Unless you can demonstrate that "scaling" is going to cause a 5-10% DPS difference between one spec and another within a single tier (say 13 ilevels or so), we're not inclined to mess with it. I'm not trying to dismiss the concerns, but it's become such a buzzword among players that I worry scaling discussions are drowning out other conversations.

Please, Endus and the totemspot guy - make it happen. Prove how retarded GC is. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    In Vanilla mounts cost like 1000g each. He doesn't have enough gold, but Loki appears and 'blesses' him with all the gold he needs. Flash forward to today's LFR loot system where he wins only gold and never sees or receives loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    The guy wanted gold (because the epic mount was so expensive), now all he wins in LFR is gold...

Nerfing high damage classes just because they're high damage classes doesn't make any sense. There's always going to be a highest in theory. It's not like mages were theory crafted at 200k and the next highest class was half that. Give us back our scorch for mana management and stack preservation, because the logic of "their damage was high, so we nerfed them" literally means every patch you're just going to nerf the new hypothetical highest dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it actually reduces what you loot (Esp Gold but also cloth) and that sucks.

Grats Mage haters, hope you're all happy - they've just put the nail in the coffin for Arcane.
    Silence, mage. Fire is where it's supposed to be and I hope they put your other two specs there as well.
    It's ridiculous that arcane exploits the 6 stack scorch thing and can't be competed with.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-02-05 at 01:41 PM.

It's not often I literally LOL at something, but I literally LOL'd at DLC today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So now gear scaling is "acceptable" from BLizzard as long as specs and classes are within 5%- 10% of each other? Whats 10% of 5 million ? Gonna look awsome on DPS and healing meters....
    5,000,000 x 0.90 = 4,500,000

Yeah...that's not that big a diference in the grand scheme of things.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    5,000,000 x 0.90 = 4,500,000

Yeah...that's not that big a diference in the grand scheme of things.
    You forget that players still think 1000 DPS is a big deal in times where we do 100K+
    Also calculate it like this:

60M x 0.9 = 54M = 6M damage less than the other guy over the course of a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Unless you can demonstrate that "scaling" is going to cause a 5-10% DPS difference between one spec and another within a single tier (say 13 ilevels or so), we're not inclined to mess with it. I'm not trying to dismiss the concerns, but it's become such a buzzword among players that I worry scaling discussions are drowning out other conversations.

Please, Endus and the totemspot guy - make it happen. Prove how retarded GC is. :/
    Half the people crying about ´scaling´ don´t even realize what it is referring to. Back in Vanilla, there were a ton of classes who had flat damage on their abilities. This meant that classes that scaled with AP jumped WAY ahead of them every tier. Heroic strike did 274 damage no matter if you were in tier 1 or tier 5. Warriors did not scale well.

Since WOTLK at least, every ability scales with AP or SP. Some classes benefit more from AP, others benefit from hitting haste threshholds etc etc. But the point he was trying to make is that EVERY class and EVERY ability now scales with gear, and within a single tier, no class is going to go from ´balanced´on patch day, to -5% by the end of the tier because of gear. It is more possible that a spec may jump ahead by 5% if some haste threshold is hit, but that wouldn´t be ´my class is 5% behind´ that would be every class is 5% behind and they would nerf the one ability causing the OP issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Since WOTLK at least, every ability scales with AP or SP.
    This is actually not true. Some Hunter abilities were straight increases (Aspect of the Hawk, for example) through Cata, which is why they needed buffing in DS. This was fixed in MoP tho.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.