I go to high school right now in an university-preparing computer-specialized class. That means, once we're done with our studies we should be able to become civil engineers and programmers. And we've got a multimedia subject. It sucks. So we got this assignment where we are supposed to interview someone. My multimedia teacher doesn't like that I joke around with my assignments (I did a comical music video and she gave it a C- instead of an B because I took too many initiatives) so I was aware of the risks when I made an interview with my pal where the premise was that I interviewed a murderer who in the end turns out to be just an addicted Grand Theft Auto player. Today I got to know what grade I got on it. I would've gotten a B, but since my interview was unrealistic I got a F and now I have to redo the whole thing from the start.
I wouldn't have a huge problem with it if it wasn't for the fact that everything was perfect except the fact that it was unrealistic. Editing was great, the way I interviewed was great, the answers from my questions were short and to the point etc. But it was unrealistic. So I have to redo it. I know that people will start saying that I'm a bitchy teenager for this but I find it, here it comes, unfair, that I made a perfectly good interview but it didn't live up to one of the teacher's craves and therefore I have to redo it. I'm okay with a lesser grade, I think I deserve a lesser grade than usual because I played Russian Roulette, but a F? That feels pretty overkill.
So here's the arguments against me that I've come up with:
- She's my teacher, she makes the rules and I should obey them.
- I knew the risks but I did it anyway.
Here's my arguments for me:
- If multimedia (making music videos and interviews) is in a class for people who are becoming programmers and civil engineers and is not there for creative purposes, then why is it there?
- Again, I shouldn't have to have a perfectly well interview and then fail the assignment because it was unrealistic. I did the stuff correctly otherwise, and I have followed the course's goals, isn't that what primarily counts?
- And again, I understand a lesser grade because I didn't follow one of her craves, but failed? That's overkill.
- In a way the interview is realistic since it's revealed later that we're talking about a game and not in real life. Yeah, that's a weak point, but still.
I hate to be the teenager that bitches about something because he didn't get it his way, but in this case I actually feel that my F was unjustified. What do you guys think? Is my teacher right and I'm just a bitchy teenager?