Name plates at a further distance in Tidy Plates?

Hello,

I use tidyplates for my name plate addon and even though I've encountered this issue in the past, it wasn't this bad for me until this tier with huge boss rooms like will of the emperor and shek'zeer. But I was wondering if there was a way to increase the distance at which the UI will display enemy nameplates in Tidyplates? I've looked through every possible option in the standard Tidplates addon and haven't found anything resembling an adjustment for this. Is this regualted by the WoW client itself?

For instance, on Heroic Shek'zeer, when my guild has stack points for the ranged DPS and the smaller adds that is at a great enough distance that if the tank moves away too far, I can no longer see the name plates without moving off of the designated stack point and risking misplacing an amber pool for the trap. As a multi-dotting class, it's very important to be able to clearly see the name plates, or at least it is for the play style that I've learned to play by.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    First of all, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything that will do what you're trying to do. Second of all, I don't really think you need to. Can't you just target the adds to see their health? Or just mouse-over them?

Murmuur - Kil'Jaeden-US - <Gravity> - Survival Hunter

When you're talking about that many adds (4+) stacked together at a distance, that are moving around in the gaggle, it's very difficult to differentiate one from the other while mousing over or individually clicking them. When you're multi-dotting, it's better to see nameplates, specifically tidyplates b/c it can display dot duration above the name plates on each of the targets. This specific function is why many dot classes use this addon. Of course, every class/role can use this addon for a plethora of reasons, especially tanks.

I know there are other ways to do this (and that's not what I'm asking for advice on). I'm just wondering if it's possible at all to increase the distance at which the game will render name plates.

It is down to your CPU horsepower the distance at which they are rendered in an intensive AoE situation if i am not mistaken as my AMD cpu does seem to struggle a bit over someone using the latest generation intel CPU's. I only ever noticed it watching streams when i noticed they got more nameplates displayed over greater distances than me. I may be wrong about this but it is an assumption i have made after looking into doing what the OP wants to do and finding no options or solutions.
    The great Friedrich Nietzsche once said, Shit happens deal with it.

Tidyplates doesn't do anything but reskin the default name plates. The handling of the name plates themselves is done by the game client.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Tidyplates doesn't do anything but reskin the default name plates. The handling of the name plates themselves is done by the game client.
    Any idea how to change it in the game client, or perhaps altering a config file in the directory?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Any idea how to change it in the game client, or perhaps altering a config file in the directory?
    That's against the ToS, so basicly we're not allowed to discuss it on here if there is a possible way of doing this.
    WarCry [A] 25m - Auchindoun EU
    3 / 7 Mythic Highmaul
    0/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry

It's also not possible, even if we wanted to - it's hard-coded into the graphics engine for roughly 25-ish yards.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    That's against the ToS, so basicly we're not allowed to discuss it on here if there is a possible way of doing this.
    Okay, if anyone has any solutions that are within the confines of what is acceptable to discuss in this forum, please lemme know. If you can't point me somewhere else to get the info, that would work too! Thanks

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 04:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    It's also not possible, even if we wanted to - it's hard-coded into the graphics engine for roughly 25-ish yards.
    That's unfortunate. Oh, well, thanks for the info.