Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would forget about her, stay exactly where you are and wait and see what happens when you grow up a little...

http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=Swedish+girls

Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    stfu with the "you're just 16" crap. He's 16.. so what? Maybe he already found his love of his life.

Just keep contact with her and when you got the money, you go there for a week or a month.
    Being 16 is only one of the issues with his relationship. Granted, being 16 means a lot. It means he is young and what he will want 5 years from now will probably completely different. The precedent is that relationships at that age don't last and there is a reason every is telling him he is just 16. We are speaking from experience.

You add on top of that the fact that they are separated by most of a continent and an ocean, and I can say there is a safe 98% chance this relationship will not work.

OP forget about her. Find someone within driving distance. A relationship that costs thousands of dollars or Euros or whatever currency you use just to spend a week with her is not a relationship. It's emotional torture for you both.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

stfu with the "you're just 16" crap. He's 16.. so what? Maybe he already found his love of his life.

Just keep contact with her and when you got the money, you go there for a week or a month.
    The idea that someone could only have one potential "love of their life" is nonsensical. The reality is that the odds are absolutely stacked against any very young relationship working out in the long run, and even more strongly stacked against one across an ocean and a few thousand miles of land.

Trying to stay with someone in that setting is likely futile and pointless.

Deleted
    I have read all the comments and thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

I am sad to say this but I'm afraid I have to move on, even though I love her. I have always been quite worried about the relationship but I always thought there was hope, looking at several situations I've read on the internet where people actually manage to last and finally move together.

A great example being Totalbiscuit. He met his wife at Blizzcon 2005 and they fell in love it was a huge struggle for both of them with permits and depression and loss of job for his wife's part.

What made it harder was that America is afterall very strict with their rules of immigrants.

But in the end they lasted and now they are together because they kept fighting for it for all those years... But of course... He also had help through being an E-sport commentator etc etc etc which I'm not and probably none would help me. So maybe its all just a dream which I cannot achieve. I will see how things develop.

Thank you, everyone.

Partners are more likely to stay together when both are over 30. Statistics don't lie. Ya, he could be the slim majority, but the odds are against him.

I would say just move on, you'll find someone when you're not even looking. There are tons of compatible partners out there for people, the idea of a "soul mate" is ludicrous.

Deleted
    Best to move on dude.

Regardless of the difficulty of moving to Canada, you're ineligible until you're at least 18 anyway I think, or at least considered an adult etc.

You sound quite mature for your age, but I'd imagine the whole move and transition would be quite overwhelming for most adults, let alone a 16 year old, regardless of their maturity level.

I'd move on anyway, there's no reason you can't stay friends. See what the future holds 3 or 4 years down the line.

Deleted
    Pretty much any country will give you a student visa to study there if you can afford the tuition fees (or get a scholarship type placement). If you really want to make a go of it maybe in the future, spend the next couple of years working hard, don't try and find another gf but if it happens, it happens. Stay in contact with this girl and if you still feel the same way in 2 years time when you're going to university you can look at applying in her country, get your education there and then if it doesn't work out you can come home and you've got a good grounding for a job as well as a lot more life experience.

Worrying about it now is pointless; there's no way a 16 year old can up and move half way across the world. If she is the love of your life, you'll still want to be with her in a few years and nothing will have been lost... if she wasn't, you'll find one day you've moved on and you'll meet someone else.

Deleted
    you chose a canadian over one of your gorgeous swedish girls?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
    I have read all the comments and thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

I am sad to say this but I'm afraid I have to move on, even though I love her. I have always been quite worried about the relationship but I always thought there was hope, looking at several situations I've read on the internet where people actually manage to last and finally move together.

A great example being Totalbiscuit. He met his wife at Blizzcon 2005 and they fell in love it was a huge struggle for both of them with permits and depression and loss of job for his wife's part.

What made it harder was that America is afterall very strict with their rules of immigrants.

But in the end they lasted and now they are together because they kept fighting for it for all those years... But of course... He also had help through being an E-sport commentator etc etc etc which I'm not and probably none would help me. So maybe its all just a dream which I cannot achieve. I will see how things develop.

Thank you, everyone.
    A wise 16 year old right here, folks. it sucks now, but give it time and it won't be an issue. As someone said before at 16 the world shatters and the most trivial of provocations. When you get older you will look back and realize how crazy we can be when we are young.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!