Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We "won" the GT/Powershot battle

Thank god.

They finally decided to fix Glaive Toss not hitting moving targets or Powershot having -90% miss chance.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ershot/#post27

Quote Originally Posted by Taepsilum
    Update:

Both Powershot and Glaive Toss have been rebuilt and should now always hit their primary targets, plus, they should also be much more responsive to secondary targets.

This new implementation of the two abilities isn’t on PTR yet but will be as soon as both abilities have been through QA. Once we have a new PTR build go live, feel free to test them and provide us with some feedback, this is when it is most important and when it can dramatically change what ends up going live.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice.
    But I still can't really see people taking Powershot except for some very rare situations. Expecially now that it's our only shot that can't be cast on move.
    Old Gods made me do it.

That Glaive Toss will be more responsive to secondary targets is my favorite part of this. It's so annoying moving to a perfect position on a fight to hit the maximum number of targets with Glaive Toss, only to have it just go harmlessly through half of the things it should've hit... like on Elegon and Tsulong. Hrnng.

You didn't win anything. They admitted they had messed it up since the begging, but they were just unable(too incompetent*) to fix it until now.

* don't infract me please D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Nice.
    But I still can't really see people taking Powershot except for some very rare situations. Especially now that it's our only shot that can't be cast on move.
    Oh I dunno, that 800% Weapon Damage looks awful delicious, especially as the next tier weapons start being acquired. Only dealbreaker is that knockback, it annoys the hell out of tanks in HC's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Nice.
    But I still can't really see people taking Powershot except for some very rare situations. Expecially now that it's our only shot that can't be cast on move.
    PvP says hi. And it will soon be more damage than GT in raids.

Other than that, hope on blizzard slightly restored. Was about time.

GC said they were going to rebuild it a couple weeks ago, this was just confirmation that it'll be available for testing in 5.2.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    GC said they were going to rebuild it a couple weeks ago, this was just confirmation that it'll be available for testing in 5.2.
    It's not little, seeing how long it has been bugged.

Deleted
    About time , all i can say. Now fix MM and things look brighter again

I don't see powershot being taken still. Its a 3 second cast on a 1m cooldown for 800% damage. Barrage is a 3 second cast for 640% damage and 320% on everything else in the area on a 30 second cooldown. Berrage is flat more damage over time as well as a far superior chance to proc trinkets.

Powershot might work for PvP due to the knockback now that it will actually hit something but its still not worth taking in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    I don't see powershot being taken still. Its a 3 second cast on a 1m cooldown for 800% damage. Barrage is a 3 second cast for 640% damage and 320% on everything else in the area on a 30 second cooldown. Berrage is flat more damage over time as well as a far superior chance to proc trinkets.

Powershot might work for PvP due to the knockback now that it will actually hit something but its still not worth taking in PvE
    you cant just simply compare 2x640 vs 800. if it where that simple, then PS wouldnt be worth fixing.
    it might be wiser to compare the damage of the special minus the "free average dmg (Cobra+Arcane)". or just simply test it on a dummy, you will see PS is close (not quite as well for pure DPS, but adds burst, which is more for pvp ofc). and you save 40 focus per minute compared to the other two talents.

yeah the chance for proccing stuff is the best thing about Barrage, that's why I'm using it currently :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    you cant just simply compare 2x640 vs 800. if it where that simple, then PS wouldnt be worth fixing.
    it might be wiser to compare the damage of the special minus the "free average dmg (Cobra+Arcane)". or just simply test it on a dummy, you will see PS is close (not quite as well for pure DPS, but adds burst, which is more for pvp ofc). and you save 40 focus per minute compared to the other two talents.

yeah the chance for proccing stuff is the best thing about Barrage, that's why I'm using it currently :-)
    that is true that you use barrage twice as much, but the fact you have to sit still for powershot is a killer for PvE at this stage especailly in heroics. Also look at the fact barrage will be VASTLY superior on AoE like it currently is. Powershot will still be very hard to use in PvE due to the knock back. Look at fights like windlord powershot would be great for boss damage during recklessness but the fact you send half the mobs across the room would make you tanks hate you, for it to be viable in PvE you need to be able to turn off the knockback.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-02-05 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    that is true that you use barrage twice as much, but the fact you have to sit still for barrage is a killer for PvE at this stage especailly in heroics. Also look at the fact barrage will be VASTLY superior on AoE like it currently is. Powershot will still be very hard to use in PvE due to the knock back. Look at fights like windlord powershot would be great for boss damage during recklessness but the fact you send half the mobs across the room would make you tanks hate you, for it to be viable in PvE you need to be able to turn off the knockback.
    The sad thing is that there are no Glyphs for Talents whatsoever atm, but last i heard they were considering adding them for -some- talents that really needed them.

that is true that you use barrage twice as much, but the fact you have to sit still for powershot is a killer for PvE at this stage especailly in heroics. Also look at the fact barrage will be VASTLY superior on AoE like it currently is. Powershot will still be very hard to use in PvE due to the knock back. Look at fights like windlord powershot would be great for boss damage during recklessness but the fact you send half the mobs across the room would make you tanks hate you, for it to be viable in PvE you need to be able to turn off the knockback.
    yeah you're right about that one, the knockback is not only useless but contraproductive in a PvE environment.
    But if you look at the talents and consider that they are acceptable for PvE and PvP players, it does somehow make sense.
    Barrage seems to be a PvE talent (no slow/pushback nothing) whereas Power Shot more of a PvP talent (knockback, burst) and Glaive Toss a viable choice for both.
    But "luckily" Powershot isn't the best choice raw DPS wise, so we don't have to trouble ourselves with the knockback and can just take GT or Barrage, isn't that great :-)

Powershot knockback is pretty good for controlling the adds on Will.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I was beginning to think they had forgotten about us. Hopefully now I can actually use Glaives to slow people in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidis View Post
    What, every minute? Hardly, that's not a justifiable reason to take PS over GT or barrage.

Powershot will still suck for pve and barrage is the aoe talent and GT will remain top on single target fights.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it actually makes it in the patch, I feel like we've been here before and they "didn't quite like" something, and so we got left out until it "could be fixed," which was an entire patch later.

I personally (as a pvper, non arena, rbgs only) feel Powershot is going to be excellent. lovely in group fights. might even be worth a BM spec!

Explosive trap knockback
    powershot knockback
    rhino knockback

GET BACK TO YOUR SPAWN

Quote Originally Posted by Cidis View Post

If it's instant cast, does 400% and a 30sec CD, the it'll be good...MMmmm...but ctrl adds in H-will, mmmm, don't think much hunters will like that thought...