Thread: Anyone else?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else?

Is anyone else sickened by this kind of thing on the internet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NTyH...EA5A55&index=1

How is this a legitimate way to make money. He makes so much money off advertisement and product placement it's just sickening...

And what is the purpose of his videos? It's... ew

What's the purpose of any video or anything? Entertainment. It's pretty obvious the only reason this guy's so popular is because he's good-looking, young and has an "exotic" accent. There's a reason why all of his fans are teenage girls. These are the same people who like Justin Bieber, One Direction and Pewdiepie (I think Pewdiepie's alright though, he's just catering to the lowest common denominator). Why are you letting it bother you?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I just have a problem with this kind of thing in general. I am in the middle of an essay on internal/external reasons so cannot explain myself in full. If I remember I will come back.

Deleted
    There are two things you need to understand about teenage girls. Well, there are probably several, but these two will do for now.

1: You're not supposed to understand what they like, barring, of course, if you're a teenage girl.

2: When you combine their disposable income it's possible to become very rich, very fast.

It's nothing but business. And good business at that.

How did he get so many girls on omegle is my question.

Nice job OP, now he'll get even more traffic thanks to you.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    No shit. That was probably 12 hours worth of work.

Ok, so I don't really understand what the gripe is here. It's some dude talking to chicks on omegle? I'm guessing he is famous and shit. Again what is the issue? Admittedly I didn't watch the video all the way through and skipped around a lot. Am I missing the really disturbing parts?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, if it makes his fans happy, kudos.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    The guy has a quarter of a million followers on Twitter. All he did was Tweet that he'd be on Omegle, then on Omegle you just type down the same "interest" and you'll be matched with everyone with that interest. So all his fans went on at the same time.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

so, who is this guy anyway? what is he famous for?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are sickened by his videos, so you post it to spread it around to thousands of other people on this site.

Not sure you thought this one through...

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    so, who is this guy anyway? what is he famous for?
    For being pretty and having an accent.

Who's this guy? Some sort of celebrity?

Deleted
    I wish more people could just ignore stuff they don't like. I'm sickened by drunk rapists, not people making money doing stupid shit on youtube.
    Last edited by mmoc7722091d43; 2013-02-05 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I wish more people could just ignore stuff they don't like. I'm sickened by drunk rapers, not people making money doing stupid shit on youtube.
    Heh... I know commenting on grammar/spelling is frowned upon, but I must say you should probably change that because that misspelling has a completely different meaning, and would be an entirely different kind of video lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Heh... I know commenting on grammar/spelling is frowned upon, but I must say you should probably change that because that misspelling has a completely different meaning, and would be an entirely different kind of video lol
    The point would most probably still be the same though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    The point would most probably still be the same though.
    Oh, I guess I get your point. I thought you meant rappers, as in people making videos on Youtube of themselves rapping very poorly lol My bad. I wasn't even thinking that direction...

Well atleast it wasent a pop star or some sorts....Not flattering example trough.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I thought it was going to be animal abuse or bullying or someone doing something seriously gross... It's just a guy who seems to have a lot of fans joking around with people on some sort of webcam site. I don't see why it would be sickening? Kinda pointless maybe but harmless.

So, if your favorite music artist, actor/actress, athlete, politician, etc. announced they would be on omegle you wouldn't try contacting them and not act like those girls?