Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle Pets for Sale

Hi there fellow gamers!

I have a question regarding "profiting" on battle pets on AH. Is it worth it? Any gold in it? If so wich pets/class is most wanted?

Best regards
    Gottalot

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to sell off some duplicates I have, but it just isn't possible. Unless you've got some really rare pet it's hardly worth it. Some of the holiday pets usually gets put up for around 2-3k when it's a really long time until that world event, but they rarely get sold since it's really easy to get, all you need is patience for that event to arrive.

If you've got some pets that are fairly rare you could try and sell them, but I don't think you'd get more than 300-500g for one, if even that. Pulling these numbers from my server, which is Bladefist EU.

Whenever I check the prices for pets it seems like it's all about rarity, it has nothing to do with how good they are in battle. :/ If you have some time on your hands you could always try and level up some pets to 25 and try and sell them, could boost it's value since everyone in game (and in the real world) tend to be lazy when they're allowed to be. I know it's not that useful information but it's all I've got.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Level 24 rare quality pets of any type tend to sell decently range of around 4-10k gold on high pop realms Ive been on, due to the achievement of getting 75 pets to level 25, TCG pets still sell decently at any level, common TCG pets (Landros lich/landros XT/puffer fish/eye of the legion/scarab etc anywhere from 15k-35k spectral cub/dragon kite/ethereal trader/rocket chicken etc anywhere from 150k-400k as I've seen them.

You can get lucky sometimes on medium or lower pop realms, with some pets, such as the Azure/Red/Green Whelplings still selling for a decent price (sold an Azure for 20k not so long ago) but usually around the 3-6k mark.

Just depends on the server really, I suggest making lowbie toons on varying types of server and have a look at their AH!
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-02-05 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Anubisath Idol pet earns me good money every week. I farm the AQ on a few toons and always get at least one pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pandaren spirit pets are selling well. I've sold a few for 5-6k and the one I leveled to 25 sold for a little over 10k.

If you have the hat that grants extra experience and you always level a pet when you are doing the daily pet battles you can jump a pet from level 1-20 in just a matter of a few minutes. They sell much better if they have levels on them.

Those raid pets go for about 9k at my server (jaedenar eu)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont do pet battles, never even tried yet...... but my daughter does and her friend, they farm certain ones, and xmorg gear and seem to be making a steady 25k+ a week on pets.......

/shrug
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Promotional pets go for stupid amounts of gold (I saw a Tyrael code sold for 1.8 million), and the high end TCG pets go for quite a bit (Soul-Trader and Spectral Tiger Cub are worth around 180k).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    I have characters on both a full pop server and a completely dead low pop server. Looking at the auction houses on both I think that either leveling cage-able pets to 25 and then selling them (at blue quality) or getting the rare drops from old raids are going to be the best bets for selling battle pets.

I did manage to sell one of the uncommon quality lanterns from the Lunar Festival for 4500g on my full server, the first day of the festival, but I'm pretty sure it was because I bought it on a Horde toon and was selling it on an Alliance toon and those pets are faction-specific when you buy them.

If you can blow through old raids pretty quickly and enjoy doing them for transmog, etc., I would say it's worth it to sell the battle pet drops you can get in there.

Ya, it is kinda tough now. I use to do a little "side work" hunting pets of gold. When the battle pet thing started, that market just tanked. Not only the fact that they are battle pets, but the account bound thing is what really killed it. You can basically sell pets on either faction because of it. The whole learn it, cage it system made that possible. I use to hunt Disgusting Oozlings and was usually able to get about 10k for them. Now I'm lucky if I can get half that. Not worth the time hunting them now. Same amount of time farming ore nets the same gold basically.

Oh well. Ch- ch- ch- ch- changes, turn and face the strain...

Can you actually make decent money off selling old pets and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    How much would a Dragon Kite sell for?
    Been trying to find info on undermine journal but it's so damn rare, can't find it. either that or journal doesn't track pets :c
    I've seen dragon kites up for 120k-200k but i've also seen them up for 50-80k ...hell one was up at only 30k lowest I've seen and never seen it so low again.

Saying they arent worth it depends on the server, i mean, i actually sold a duplicate Gluth pet for 5k at level 1.. aswell as two Untamed Hatchlings for 3k a piece (was soon after the pets were added, i got 3 out of 4 runs)

First 2-3 weeks of the new battlepets were amazing. sold 3-4 of them for 15k and many for 5k or so.
    got my 3 person yak after that :>

I made an alt just to sell off my duplicate pets. Sold about 20 so far and it's come out to 7k gold. Got some more left to sell still. In fact I've made a very large chunk of gold from selling pets. I'd say about 100k of my gold has come from pets alone.

Deleted
    I usaly clear Molten Core 3 times a week on 3 diffrent characters and always gets those pets that dropp in there they sell realy well and can go from 500g to 5000g each usaly get around 3 pets per MC clear and it takes less then a hour to clear it sometimes even less then half a hour.

Guess it depends on the server to but a good thing here is that when you learn the pet you can send it and sell it on another server so easy gold transfer if you manage to sell them.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The raid pets seem to do good and you could always put up the nether fry and the pet from sporegar not all people are exulted with them you're not going to make a lot but any profit is nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Those raid pets go for about 9k at my server (jaedenar eu)
    What the fuck ?
    On my serv, they costs about 500 golds, lolz.

(And also, no one buy them)
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-06 at 08:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    How much would a Dragon Kite sell for?
    Been trying to find info on undermine journal but it's so damn rare, can't find it. either that or journal doesn't track pets :c
    Dragon Kite is the 3rd most expensive pet - it's right behind the Cub and Soul-Trader. It's worth about 150k imo.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Unless you have some of the rarer pets it almost like a waste of time. Most pets these days are pretty easy to obtain.