Deleted

Need help with some computer building question.

Hai

So i was thinking about going about building me a new computer but i got something i'm not to sure about and
    it would be great if some kind soul could help me out.

So my question is can i use any kind of hardware when building my computer lets say i find the best motherboard and the best graphic card will they work together. i'm asking this because i have heard that certain hardware may not work with each other.

thanks

As far as graphics cards and motherboards go, if you're going for the best, then you can guarantee they'll be compatible (assuming they're the best of the current gen :P )

The only issues as far as compatibility goes will be between cpu and motherboard pretty much, and that's pretty straightforward anyway. 1155 pin for 1155 boards, 2011 for 2011.. and same with amd cpu and compatible boards.

RAM will usually come in dual, triple, or quad channel kits, just make sure you get whatever your board works best with.. ie dual for 1155 chipset (i5's), triple for 2011 (i7's).

And of course I think it goes without saying, a PSU that's appropriate for the power demands of your setup.
    Last edited by Schmiggy; 2013-02-05 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a budget so we may find the best parts for your needs?

A motherboard needs a proccesor to function, there is AMD or Intel, therefor there is made 2 different motherboard that support either Intel or AMD.

i5 3570 / i7 3770 uses socket LGA1155.

AMD FX-8350 uses socket AM3+

Graphics card will work on either motherboard, but will need power from the powersupply.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I recommend using sites/friends if you're unsure on compatibility, personally I find http://pcpartpicker.com/ very helpful, but always make sure to get a second opinion from a friend, or even post on here once you're done and I'm sure someone can tell you if theres any glaring problems

That said, the main issues with the two parts you're talking about is physical size, ie will the graphics card fit in the case when mounted, if you're talking very high spec then you may need to look at the bigger cases, the lower and mid spec ones are all pretty similar and are designed around

Deleted
    ah thanks m8 got another question

if a cpu that got a graphic card built into it like the INTEL CORE I7 3770K 3.5GHZ 8MB S-1155 IVY can i still plug in some other graphic card?

Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    ah thanks m8 got another question

if a cpu that got a graphic card built into it like the INTEL CORE I7 3770K 3.5GHZ 8MB S-1155 IVY can i still plug in some other graphic card?
    Of course, and the graphic cart built in won't allow you to play games, it's not enough powerfull
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian