Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lol at that video!! I really hope blizzard fixes this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Lol at that video!! I really hope blizzard fixes this!!!
    I really do as well. They are usually pretty swift with hacks, but not with this one :/

10+ Year Old Account
    let em play with it..you'll notice fast, then use /use Hearthstone when his interrupt it's up. :/

jkkkkk, better idea! bliz pls fix.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It does work. The interrupt hacks interrupt your cast as soon as it starts. If you start a cast and cancel it instantly then you'll pretty much be guaranteed to fake the interrupt because of lag.
    The interrupt is so fast with the hack, it's impossible to fake cast, as you can see at the end of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The interrupt is so fast with the hack, it's impossible to fake cast, as you can see at the end of the video.
    If it's set to interrupt absolutely instantly, then it should be pretty easily fakeable. I believe you'd just have to cast and cancel it within a span of twice their latency. However looking over screenshots of some of these bots, it looks like they can generally be set to a 0.1 sec delay, making that juke window considerably harder to land in.

Deleted
    This can easily be done with:

- Honorbuddy Bot
    - Lazy Raider (a part of the bot that casts spells for you but does not move the character)

This is most likely what it is, its not a "HACK" or something new, he just uses the bot for interrupting thats all

Deleted
    yeah been seeing this for awhile now in random bgs, Bots that can interrupt a 0.4 sec cast ...

Deleted
    I think I've encontered it, one time when I was playing some 2v2 arena on my WW monk, I was going to use trancendance (the teleporting one) and right after I casted it, it got interrupted.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have footage of a 3v3 match against a warrior who was using a teleport hack from earlier this season - because apparently KFC wasn't strong enough for him after the Stampede hotfix finally went live :/ (It was super blatant, when we would get him low he teleported out of line of sight around a pillar, for example).

It happens, it sucks, and Blizzard should really take a ban approach to these sorts of things - but they don't. Their forum moderators ban people for life for trivial offenses like mentioning other MMO's and speaking hyperbolically - but their in-game concept of "ban" is 1 day. It's like when parents say "GO TO YOUR ROOM!" to kids nowadays - seemingly unaware that the room is full of video games and cable tv - if anything their lax policy encourages further bad behaviour.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-02-06 at 02:35 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

If you're running and press a spell with a cast time I assume that a command is given to the game however it fails to get executed due to certain restricted circumstances. So does this program react on the given command or immediately when you cast? I don't even know if this is even remotely possible but it would be interesting. Theoretically the slightest amount of lag could interfere and make it seem as if it only reacts on cast while it actually reacts on the given commands of an opponent.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I have footage of a 3v3 match against a warrior who was using a teleport hack from earlier this season - because apparently KFC wasn't strong enough for him after the Stampede hotfix finally went live :/ (It was super blatant, when we would get him low he teleported out of line of sight around a pillar, for example).

It happens, it sucks, and Blizzard should really take a ban approach to these sorts of things - but they don't. Their forum moderators ban people for life for trivial offenses like mentioning other MMO's and speaking hyperbolically - but their in-game concept of "ban" is 1 day. It's like when parents say "GO TO YOUR ROOM!" to kids nowadays - seemingly unaware that the room is full of video games and cable tv - if anything their lax policy encourages further bad behaviour.
    Quite honestly I believe that the official WoW forums are specifically intended for the soul purpose of the community giving feedback. I personally have never been banned there, I think it's a matter of properly expressing your opinion. An example being that if you bring up a suggestion, identify an issue and it's flaws without comparing WoW to another game even thought the idea potentially originated from somewhere else.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    did interrupt hacks ever go away?

next people are going to say lag hacks are new and interesting.
    I guess the abusuing of similar programs was low for a while until recently. I haven't noticed anything yet thought.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Arena frames. No good PvPer worth their salt targets via nameplates/world.

I time my CCs (especially Cyclone) to hit immediately after the previous one fades. With DoT timers, this is a trivial task.
    Congratulations, you officially do what all other druid do. Target arena 1-3 macros alongside focus 1-3 are indeed good. However I believe that in his case he was in a BG. Unless you have a target macro for 10 million players (minus the few million that aren't on your continent) I think you click your targets in BG's as well. Read what he said, he was surrounded by totems and taurens which further indicated that he probably was in a BG.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    I think I've encontered it, one time when I was playing some 2v2 arena on my WW monk, I was going to use trancendance (the teleporting one) and right after I casted it, it got interrupted.
    Did it happens several times during that game or just one time? I have also interrupted a few 0.5 sec casts, even thought it's really hard it's not unrealistic.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-06 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    As long as there is some competitiveness within a game, there will always be cheaters

Name n shame: --REMOVED--

Infracted. Shame on you!
    Was kinda worth it :/ but I understand :P

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Congratulations, you officially do what all other druid do. Target arena 1-3 macros alongside focus 1-3 are indeed good. However I believe that in his case he was in a BG. Unless you have a target macro for 10 million players (minus the few million that aren't on your continent) I think you click your targets in BG's as well. Read what he said, he was surrounded by totems and taurens which further indicated that he probably was in a BG.[COLOR="red"]
    Let me share with you 1337 HAXXXORZ tehnique:
    1) Keybind that sets focus on your mouseover or target in advance.
    2) Exactly same macro mentioned before that works on focus, no matter if he is in "totems or taurens" or gnomes.

Set 1) on player you see healing before you get in close quarters, use 2). PROFIT.
    Congratulations, now you're hacker and somebody will probably make video about you too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    2) Exactly same macro mentioned before that works on focus, no matter if he is in "totems or taurens" or gnomes.

Set 1) on player you see healing before you get in close quarters, use 2). PROFIT.
    Congratulations, now you're hacker and somebody will probably make video about you too.
    Are you in all honesty trying to tell us the guy in the video who's kicking the same mili second a cast is started is doing so manually and without hacks?

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

Would love to see you consistently interrupt someone who's staying completely still with no indication that they are actually going to cast, in 0.1 seconds.

Solution: Find someone who uses this "hack".
    Have a keybind for Heartstone
    Press said keybind
    Get interrupted
    Freecast for 8 secconds

The way the "hack" works is that it reacts on pixels where the enemy cast bar is and allows the interrupt to go through, all they have to do is to press it all the time, usually just macro'ed into the rest of your spells as it is off GCD anyway.

Enjoy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    This is the problem game companies face when they have to deal with cheaters, you just can't rely on the opinions of other players, because most, as soon as they see someone outplaying them, they resort to the old OMFGHAXWTF, it's ridiculous, get a timer mod and mouseover/focus target macros and learn to do it yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cast bar is shown, the interrupt button is hit while the bar is shown, the cast should be interrupted, the player correctly hit his/her button when it should have been hit, the player did everything correctly, but the cast doesn't get interrupted, because the opposing player stopped their cast fast enough to cause the latency to make the interrupt miss.

Fake Casting is exploiting, it's abusing latency to cause a correct action to fail. That some players are now exploiting to counter this exploiting is justice in my mind.

Blizzard should fix this by breaking fake casting and the exploit mod. If the casting bar is on your screen, and you get the interrupt off while the bar is there, it should interrupt. If having that makes some classes too powerful, then that needs to be addressed, but latency exploiting shouldn't be encouraged or accepted.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Can't be sure if he was really hacking. I've seen plenty of people who interupt almost instantaneous. Kicking mass dispel .1 into the cast etc etc. Could he have been hacking? sure, is it for sure? no idea. Focus mind freeze is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus11456 View Post
    Can't be sure if he was really hacking. I've seen plenty of people who interupt almost instantaneous. Kicking mass dispel .1 into the cast etc etc. Could he have been hacking? sure, is it for sure? no idea. Focus mind freeze is a wonderful thing.
    Big difference between someone moving, then stopping to cast a spell vs not moving at all and then casting with no prompt whatsoever. You're not good enough to contribute to this discussion because you don't know the nuances.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Fake Casting is exploiting, it's abusing latency to cause a correct action to fail. That some players are now exploiting to counter this exploiting is justice in my mind.

Blizzard should fix this by breaking fake casting and the exploit mod. If the casting bar is on your screen, and you get the interrupt off while the bar is there, it should interrupt. If having that makes some classes too powerful, then that needs to be addressed, but latency exploiting shouldn't be encouraged or accepted.
    It's only exploiting in the same sense that using sw:d to break a cc is. I doubt the game was designed to be played in a way that uses latency to your favour, but people have been playing that way for so long now that the playstyle is certainly taken into consideration when it comes to balance. Besides, the only way to possibly apply your fix would be to have interrupts determined client-side, which as I'm sure you can imagine would open the door for some more thorough cheating to take place.

Even if you play with zero latency or your proposed fix were implemented, you can still be juked btw. Most people effectively have about 200-250ms latency in their hand-eye coordination alone. Running a bot that reacts faster than humanly possible isn't justice, it's cheating.