Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    What is interrupt hacking? I watched the video but i'm still not 100% sure I understand. Is it because it's so fast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Yeah no, fake casting isn't even an abuse of latency, half the time you trick people into kicking thin air more than 0.3 seconds after the fake occurs because they just knee jerk. It's not more an exploit than running around line of site to cancel a cast is.
    You can only trick them because of latency, they hit their ability because they saw you casting, their ability goes off when you are casting on their screen, but because you stopped casting and he interrupted before it could show up on his screen, the interrupt is wasted.

Can we agree that the correct outcome for when an interrupt is used while the casting bar is up is an interrupted cast?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You can only trick them because of latency, they hit their ability because they saw you casting, their ability goes off when you are casting on their screen, but because you stopped casting and he interrupted before it could show up on his screen, the interrupt is wasted.

Can we agree that the correct outcome for when an interrupt is used while the casting bar is up is an interrupted cast?
    Human reaction time plays a very big part as well. It's not much more difficult to fake cast someone who plays at 10-20ms than someone playing at 50-60.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    There's a program meant for pve that runs the rotation for you that could easily be changed for pvp to include doing that just like refreshing a dot. Not gonna name what it is mostly because I don't remember what it was called and it would be stupid to anyways.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    What is interrupt hacking? I watched the video but i'm still not 100% sure I understand. Is it because it's so fast?
    Basically ya, the program interrupts as soon as it sees the cast much like you or I would just at a much much faster rate.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:25 PM ----------

If that happens to you you kind of deserve it. You should know when to and when not to interrupt, that's part of the skill involved with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    There's a program meant for pve that runs the rotation for you that could easily be changed for pvp to include doing that just like refreshing a dot. Not gonna name what it is mostly because I don't remember what it was called and it would be stupid to anyways.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:19 PM ----------

Basically ya, the program interrupts as soon as it sees the cast much like you or I would just at a much much faster rate.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:25 PM ----------

If that happens to you you kind of deserve it. You should know when to and when not to interrupt, that's part of the skill involved with it.
    The intended skill involved with it is that you have to hit your interrupt button while their in the middle of a cast, which you tell by the cast bar Blizzard provides. Fake Casting exists to "trick" players into interrupting when they think they should, as set up by Blizzard with the cast bar interface, but actually at the wrong time. Players are interrupting as designed by Blizzard, and casters are tricking them into wasting it by exploiting the latency and stopping cast.

But there is no convincing casters that even call it a "trick". The level of bias they are at now.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Is someone here in all honesty arguing that fake casting is bug abuse? How dare people fake cast instead of getting locked out or even chain locked and and dying to their enemy. How dare they do something Blizzard is by now building the game around?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    Apparently you have never heard of focus cc macros and mouseover macros.

15+ Year Old Account
    The intended skill involved with it is that you have to hit your interrupt button while their in the middle of a cast, which you tell by the cast bar Blizzard provides. Fake Casting exists to "trick" players into interrupting when they think they should, as set up by Blizzard with the cast bar interface, but actually at the wrong time. Players are interrupting as designed by Blizzard, and casters are tricking them into wasting it by exploiting the latency and stopping cast.

But there is no convincing casters that even call it a "trick". The level of bias they are at now.
    As I pointed out earlier, your latency is just a small fraction of the actual delay between when you see the cast occurring and when you interrupt. If you have say, 50ms latency, and a reaction time of 250ms - it's entirely possible for them to start casting, for you to see the cast start, for them to stop casting, for your screen to display that the cast stopped, and only then for you to react and kick the spell. A better way to put this is, if we were playing at LAN - with 0 latency - I could stick consistently juke your kicks.

Blizzard cannot patch your brain to perceive faster than it already does. They have known about fake casting since Vanilla Beta, they have built the game around it (for example, when they took Kicks off the GCD) - they have accepted that it is legitimate fair play. It's not caster bias, it's objective fact - it's how we all play the game.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Does it react within 0.1 sec of an early break?
    If the player is good enough, yes.

No one with a brain interrupts at the beginning of a cast. Definitely a hack.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy