10 man raids as Disc

So i have searched everywhere and i see different answers ....Whats best to stack for Disc priests in 10 man raids.. I stack Mastery... i read crit is better , but in 25 man raid for atonement.

I would link armory but im in PVP gear

im 492 Ilevel .... Please link your armory so i can see how you reforge/gem and what your stacking....

I go for mastery, but I have a lot of gear that has Crit on it, which is then reforged to Mastery. If I get a slightly higher ilvl item that has Crit instead of Mastery, and the current item has Mastery, I'll use the new one and reforge it.
    I play Smite heavy in 10s, but also use a lot of typical SS/PoH, especially when there's AoE damage going on of course. If there's only low damage going on, I prefer smiting instead of PoH spamming all the time. So Crit helps me a lot there.
    Also, having more Crit ensures that I'm in a good place once 5.2 hits, because then Crit will probably be the most valuable stat.
    If you want to maximize your throughput by all means necessary you (currently) need to stack more Mastery and mindlessly spam SS/PoH, in 25s this may even be necessary, but in 10s you can play a bit more flexible, and I like flexibility, so I use a mix of Smite healing, PoH/SS spam, and PW:S/Penance-ing. If tanks take lots of damage, also SS+GHeal on them. Whatever seems the most appropriate in each situation. And if damage is low, I rather contribute to DPS (which also produces healing of course) rather than mindlessly spamming PoH or whatever.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2013-02-05 at 01:58 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Tauren mentioned before me, right now you should be reforging for mastery for 10-man. Here's my armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yetiman/simple

(My reforges may look funny because yesterday i had to go Shadow and had to reforge all my mastery to haste in several pieces of shared equipment between sets)

I've gemmed a lot of spirit due to mana issues and because lately we've been 2-healing most normal fights. However, as you can see, I have 488 ilevel equipped (a bit lower than yours, granted), and from what I've read you should stop gemming spirit once you hit a comfort zone; Soon I'll reach mine of 9k unbuffed, as you can see, but for heroic modes, some people go all out and stack up to 11k+ spirit, but that's mainly in 25-mans where you spam PoH and get fed regular Mana Tides as well, as mentioned above (however, this will change once 5.2 hits with the rapture nerf, so we'll probably see some spirit gemming again for a while, at least until most people have enough of the new gear to forego spirit gems).

As far as crit goes, its value right now depends on your playstyle: if you like to atonement heal, Crit is a good stat, but is trumped by haste IMO, especially in 5.2 when we lose our short-CD Penance = More Smiting.

Mastery in 5.2, no longer affects SS, so it has become a very lackluster stat for us, since only PW:Shield and Divine Aegis benefit from it, and due to the changes made to PoH not proccing automatic DA on targets, just with crits like the rest of our spells do, DA will become a MUCH smaller percentage of our overall "healing".
    Still, it won't be completely awful, and I haven't done any raiding on the PTR to tell you how it's working out, so you might want to take this with a grain of salt. If I remember correctly, fully buffed, my shield absorbs aprox. 130k, and unbuffed it's around 95-100k, and it will only get stronger as we gear up. In 10-man raids it will be a VERY valuable tool, and despite the rapture nerf, we'll still be able to throw out a couple of these per rapture cycle without gimping our mana.

Another factor that determines your stat priority (mainly gemming-wise, since reforges are generally cheaper and/or faster to achieve) is your OS. Like I mentioned, mine's Shadow, so I tend to keep my crit and Haste values relatively similar (high crit will yield you more DA procs in the future, but you-ll need the extra haste to get that extra PoH off during the SS window, can't remember what that breakpoint was though).

Another thing that would help us would be if you could tell us the healing comp of your raid (for example, I raid with 2 resto druidss, talk about suboptimal, but what are you gonna do when your friends won't reroll.... xD), hence, my priorities are Spirit>Mastery>Crit>Haste, because they can heal up all the damage that I didn't absorb faster than I'd be able to.

Hope it helped a bit.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    As Tauren mentioned before me, right now you should be reforging for mastery for 10-man. Here's my armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yetiman/simple

(My reforges may look funny because yesterday i had to go Shadow and had to reforge all my mastery to haste in several pieces of shared equipment between sets)

I've gemmed a lot of spirit due to mana issues and because lately we've been 2-healing most normal fights. However, as you can see, I have 488 ilevel equipped (a bit lower than yours, granted), and from what I've read you should stop gemming spirit once you hit a comfort zone; Soon I'll reach mine of 9k unbuffed, as you can see, but for heroic modes, some people go all out and stack up to 11k+ spirit, but that's mainly in 25-mans where you spam PoH and get fed regular Mana Tides as well, as mentioned above (however, this will change once 5.2 hits with the rapture nerf, so we'll probably see some spirit gemming again for a while, at least until most people have enough of the new gear to forego spirit gems).

As far as crit goes, its value right now depends on your playstyle: if you like to atonement heal, Crit is a good stat, but is trumped by haste IMO, especially in 5.2 when we lose our short-CD Penance = More Smiting.

Mastery in 5.2, no longer affects SS, so it has become a very lackluster stat for us, since only PW:Shield and Divine Aegis benefit from it, and due to the changes made to PoH not proccing automatic DA on targets, just with crits like the rest of our spells do, DA will become a MUCH smaller percentage of our overall "healing".
    Still, it won't be completely awful, and I haven't done any raiding on the PTR to tell you how it's working out, so you might want to take this with a grain of salt. If I remember correctly, fully buffed, my shield absorbs aprox. 130k, and unbuffed it's around 95-100k, and it will only get stronger as we gear up. In 10-man raids it will be a VERY valuable tool, and despite the rapture nerf, we'll still be able to throw out a couple of these per rapture cycle without gimping our mana.

Another factor that determines your stat priority (mainly gemming-wise, since reforges are generally cheaper and/or faster to achieve) is your OS. Like I mentioned, mine's Shadow, so I tend to keep my crit and Haste values relatively similar (high crit will yield you more DA procs in the future, but you-ll need the extra haste to get that extra PoH off during the SS window, can't remember what that breakpoint was though).

Another thing that would help us would be if you could tell us the healing comp of your raid (for example, I raid with 2 resto druidss, talk about suboptimal, but what are you gonna do when your friends won't reroll.... xD), hence, my priorities are Spirit>Mastery>Crit>Haste, because they can heal up all the damage that I didn't absorb faster than I'd be able to.

Hope it helped a bit.

Well ive done 4/6 heroic MV and 2 healed it with a pally, we also 2 heal normal MV/TOES and HOF. The main guild healer along with me is a shaman. I do stack Mastery currently and i smite heal alot depending on damage. I guess ill stay stacked mastery.. here is a Link, as soon as servers are up ill put PVE gear on...any recommendations or criticism good or bad is encouraged please http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tbubbly/simple