Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Cross-faction groups would benefit... 5% of the wow playing community at best?

Wouldn't make a difference to me at all so in my opinion the big thing won't be that

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In arena you are already killing your own faction, in rbg you do the same. You are forced to attack other faction members not because you want to but because your high ups order you to do so. For example, i couldn't give a fuck about Garrosh or Nazgrim. The player realises that they are the reason of Sha reawakening yet forced to attack others time and time again by high ups.

Cross faction group would make lot of sense, actually, it is already existing feature in game. Cenarion Hold is an alliance between Taurens and Night Elfs. And as a Tauren, i would welcome a young night elf lady in my party, any time.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Honestly, i'd prefer cross faction mails :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    I was thinking of more in the line of being able to group up with characters of the other faction as long as you have them on Real ID would be the feature.
    I would love it in these way, in case you do that, you will transform into the one race of the group leader faction (You may get a buff like what you get in WoE)

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    Honestly, i'd prefer cross faction mails :/
    Yeah, at least to your own characters (I mean account wide, so i can send gold or heirloons to one of my character of another faction)

It will be cross realm LFDQ - Looking For Daily Quest.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, at least to your own characters (I mean account wide, so i can send gold or heirloons to one of my character of another faction)
    You can, but only realm-wide. Or at least I remember it being possible from the one time I decided to level a horde toon a while back.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That would make absolutely no sense. We're neck-deep in a war with the horde, why would they let us group with the enemy?
    Because the horde sees that their leader is neck deep in sha infestation and must be stopped, and in order to do so they must do what they have always done, put a side the war with the alliance, team up and smash some skulls to save the world. the "do what they always do" mostly relates to WOTLK i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    It will be cross realm LFDQ - Looking For Daily Quest.
    I had to laugh when I read this and then the realisation hit me that you could be right.

I will never fight alongside Alliance! Never!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

While I personally have no issue with this (I've always felt the inability to communicate cross-faction to be tiresome) I don't see it operating within Blizzards larger Warcraft Universe. Traditionally Blizzard has been quite happy with the distinction between Alliance and Horde, and they have gone through great lengths to prevent any circumvention of that system.

Depending on your starting point in the game, you may not remember that there used to be addons to translate Orcish to Common (and Vice Versa) because at one point in the game it was literally just "Replace L with Q, R with Sx" and so forth. So players could cross-faction communicate if they both had the addon installed. Blizzard went through and re-wrote how the language scrambler worked to make it harder to do this. I cannot emphasize this enough.... Blizzard moved to stop a COMPLETELY TRIVIAL ADDON from functioning. Because they believe Horde and Alliance should remain distinct.

Granted it's 2013 now, and there are plenty of separate changes Blizzard has made to suggest a weakening of this dogma (Pandaren being cross-faction, for example). But I don't think this is the big thing at the end of Mists. Alliance and Horde aren't teaming up against Garrosh in some sort of meaningful "Hey we're friends now!" sort of way. Any alliance this time is temporary; an agreement in place only long enough to put down the rabid dog that is Garrosh.

Think of it like Wrath of the Lich King. A common enemy that is unpredictable, and that much more dangerous because of it. Remove the Enemy and you've removed the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    GC has said some people would react with "what, that's it?"

I doubt anyone would have that reaction to cross faction groups, some people would like it, some would froth at the mouth and pretend to quit.
    I can see myself going "that's it". Wouldn't change anything in my books. Just another useless feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    The main story of this expansion is the war between the horde and the alliance. Cross faction Groups? Makes no sense.
    Have you been doing the Wrathion story line?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Highly unlikely I feel, because this expansion will bring to a boil the Horde vs Alliance War, and it won't cool down in a matter of weeks, or months. We'll see the effects of this expansion for years I feel, so having the next one bring in cross-faction groups is not likely.

I do believe we'll see some major changes to the Auction House / Economy. I think we may see Battlegroup Auction houses.

the big feature will be more hats, like the ones that are being introduced in new Darkmoon Faire.
    And then a new blizzstore feature - buying cosmetic hats.

GC wants to payback Valve for getting the rights to the name "DotA 2"..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    To the "it makes no sense" people: lorewise, all the big bads have been defeated by a neutral or dual-faction party "with the assistance of adventurers" (the lore name for players). Lore aside, it would most likely be one of those things that aren't really lore-friendly but for the purposes of gameplay convenience. I know for a fact many people would enjoy being able to make cross-faction groups for their RealID friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. I'm not teaming up with Alliance dogs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Highly unlikely I feel, because this expansion will bring to a boil the Horde vs Alliance War, and it won't cool down in a matter of weeks, or months. We'll see the effects of this expansion for years I feel, so having the next one bring in cross-faction groups is not likely.

I do believe we'll see some major changes to the Auction House / Economy. I think we may see Battlegroup Auction houses.
    Aah yes, mists of pandaria has been about war. But as Metzen called it, War is the enemy in all this, and what we are meant to be overcoming more then anything, is war itself between ourselves.

So, if we are meant to man up, realize the fault is in our own ignorance and overcome that, what better way then to take down Garrosh as a raid group together?

I believe they did this in rift after a giant war between the 3 factions. Awesome idea, i would love this in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Aah yes, mists of pandaria has been about war. But as Metzen called it, War is the enemy in all this, and what we are meant to be overcoming more then anything, is war itself between ourselves.

So, if we are meant to man up, realize the fault is in our own ignorance and overcome that, what better way then to take down Garrosh as a raid group together?
    I don't think that the Horde are going to be happy, with the Alliance trampling through Orgrimmar and killing its former members. Whatever happens, I doubt we'll see the Alliance and Horde working together.

I don't believe we've seen Wrathions full intentions, and I feel that he is going to be vital in the whole war continuing. We see an achievement called: Judgement of the Black Prince. I feel he will come to terms, as with many natives to Pandaria that our War is not coming to an end.

Oh how I wish it would be multi-classing, but that isn't going to happen any time soon