Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No thanks. I don't like the factions working together, it would be very immersion breaking to do a dungeon run with 4 draenei and then see them out in the real world and have them gank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The secondary races could get detached from their factions. All races except Humans and Orcs could be able to choose their faction. In exchange, any Human and Orc player could get double the honor points for an opposite faction kill than all other races get.
    That's not only unbalanced it's painfully stupid on account of the way the story is. Night Elves have more reason to dislike the Orcs than Humans do, and why on earth would a Forsaken ever *want* to join the Alliance?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcish would have to be removed and replaced with Common for all races.

And then we'd get people griefing lowbies on PvP servers, or Hordies spamming /yells in stormwind....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Partnering with the enemies would take A LOT away from a game such as Warcraft which started as a "Red vs Blue" kind of deal. No thanks.

Im not sure about that. With all the gear and spell fx I cant tell whats what most the time anyway. Im to busy paying attention to the boss, mechanics, adds, taunts, aggro, heal bars, things not to stand in, etc etc etc to have time to daydream and space out looking at all the chars around me. Lemme guess, your a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    No thanks. I don't like the factions working together, it would be very immersion breaking to do a dungeon run with 4 draenei and then see them out in the real world and have them gank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isnt a population issue, theres no need for cross faction, We know alot of servers are very one sided, but with cross-realm tech there no reason for cross-faction.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Cross faction groups? Nah, it's stupid idea.
    Might seem like a stupid idea on paper, but people would certainly pay for it; and that's certainly something that would make Activision consider it.

I hope the next big thing is allowing you to kill members of your own faction, no duel required. Make it a once per day cool down so the you can go hunt down and kill the clown in a BG that is talking crap and getting on your nerves or the trade chat troll.
    You have no idea how many times I've wanted to do this. Steal my gathered quest item for the upteenth time will you... I don't care if you're a fellow Hordie...

I have been begging for this feature for years. I think it could be done simply (on our end). Once in a bg or group, whatever faction you are all the other chars around you look like your faction and all the enemies in bgs look like your opposing faction. it would be a client side thing. so even if you have an ally on your side, he thinks hes with all ally and the graphics are all different for him. Blizz would have to implement either symmetrical maps for every bg or 2 maps. for pve just make the grp look like all ally or horde based on the client. EZ!!

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 07:26 PM ----------

If blizz made it so that each played sees everyone as his own faction then you wouldn't even know unless you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I don't see any point to implement such a feature.

Besides, why would I want to team up with them?

The ability for people to swap factions after a long quest chain (Or just buying it), without having to change races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    The main story of this expansion is the war between the horde and the alliance. Cross faction Groups? Makes no sense.
    It makes perfect sense if the enemy is Garrosh, and our last battle of the expansion is defeating him as both Alliance and Horde.

The whole premise of Mists is peace, what greater peace can there be but the unified efforts of two factions who hate eachother?

Plus, if we are to assume the Burning Legion expansion is next, IT MUST HAPPEN for the sake of lore arguments, since there is no chance in hell the Alliance and Horde can win a three way war with the legion. <-- That was the whole premise of Warcraft III
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

It would be ideal. It doesn't even need to be overt. If necessary, they could use their existing tech that causes everybody to show up as certain races in various dungeons to make it lore-happy.

Why is it ideal? Well, by doing it you double the number of people available in queues. The only way it would be a problem is if the group somehow got flagged for PVP. Outside of that, the only difference between the factions is:

1. Cosmetic.
    2. Racial abilities.

Having played alliance since vanilla, then alliance and horde in cataclysm, and now being stuck on horde for MOP, I can tell you - there's no difference. I used to hate horde players with a passion for being jerks who'd gank you as soon as look at you. Turns out... nope. That's everybody. Everybody's a jerk. So why keep you jerks apart? What's it get anybody other than longer queue times?

So what's wrong with the idea?
    1. It doesn't make your economy any better.
    2. You can't invite them to your guild.
    3. Probably can't invite them explicitly, have to use LFD/LFR.

JUST LIKE BLIZZARD'S FAVORITE FEATURE EVER, CROSS REALM ZONES.

So if that's all good enough for Blizzard WRT CRZ, it should be good enough for CFP (Cross Faction Parties).

/drops microphone, walks away

Deleted
    that would be the most controversial feature in blizzard history. Won't happen. Unless it ends up with a pvp fight at the end. and is only during one encounter in the last raid of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    The main story of this expansion is the war between the horde and the alliance. Cross faction Groups? Makes no sense.
    ^ That exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Plus, if we are to assume the Burning Legion expansion is next, IT MUST HAPPEN for the sake of lore arguments, since there is no chance in hell the Alliance and Horde can win a three way war with the legion. <-- That was the whole premise of Warcraft III
    Which is why recycling the storyline would be epically lame. Almost as lame as trying to make a told twice Legion somehow stronger than it was the first two times...

Horde vs Alliance is one of the core parts of WoW and even a selling point of MoP which makes this feel like an odd direction of blizzard to take, many instances and raids have some separate horde and alliance functionality and NPCs and it would take some work for Blizzard to make it work. I don't think it's what the game needs and that development time is better used elsewhere.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Which is why recycling the storyline would be epically lame. Almost as lame as trying to make a told twice Legion somehow stronger than it was the first two times...
    Not sure how it could be "epically lame," considering TBC was the tip of the iceberg, if you will. I'm sure that for most people who play WoW that get into lore, their end-goal is to at least kill/defeat Sargeras in-game. That would pretty much require another Legion expansion, and one that could out-do every other expansion combined. Easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross faction. This is what they did in Rift. I didn't like it then, I wouldn't like it in WoW now. Eliminates the reasoning for factions in the first place. no thanks.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    my friends and i kill each other when on separate factions...if there was a cross realm pve group i'd let them die (except if tank i guess) telling them they shouldn't be standing in unavoidable stuff.

as a matter of faction pride.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Im not sure about that. With all the gear and spell fx I cant tell whats what most the time anyway. Im to busy paying attention to the boss, mechanics, adds, taunts, aggro, heal bars, things not to stand in, etc etc etc to have time to daydream and space out looking at all the chars around me. Lemme guess, your a rogue
    My main is a Dk tank, and my alt is a holy paladin. I can't imagine a world in which a dungeon kept me so intensely occupied that I couldn't see my team-mates :P

I think it's highly unlikely that we see a dungeon finder cross faction, BUT! They might add the possibility for real ID friends. I mean, at the end of the expansion horde and alliance would need to work together for the impending and unknown (coughLEGIONcough) threat.