Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    a 4th spec for all classes is what it will be!

Crossrealm guilds

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    My money is on gear scaling. So at 90 you can group with a lowbie friend and all your stats scale to his or her level. The majority of the architecture is there already I feel like.
    Agree. I feel like it is going to be something to do with gear scaling and ability to queue with low level players.

Cross faction grouping, hmm. This is a big 'ol can of worms to crack open. It could only be implemented successfully under temporary or very limited circumstances. There is a language barrier for one thing that would have to be explained away.

My thought was a PvP Capitol City Raidfinder.

If you defend you own faction capitol you get a buff when you travel to that city that lasts a couple hours.

If you defeat an enemy city, you get some sort of PvP buff.
    Last edited by Peacemaker65; 2013-02-05 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t like the faction thing anyway, so I guess yeah.

You could be on to something as well. Maybe Blizzard is moving toward merging all realms into one big community. We would still be on a server as far as milling around town but most people are already playing with people from other servers in BG's, dungeons, raids, and CRZ's. What is left is guild affiliation and the economies.

I've been wanting cross-faction play for a long, long time...
    Let's be honest: Most of us aren't Horde or Alliance. First and foremost, we're affiliated to our guilds. Our guilds are pretty much bands of mercenaries. Due to the species of character we pick, one faction acts more favourably towards us than the other faction, but at the end of the day: We're mercs.
    Sure; I can't pick up most human quests with my orc... Because those quest-givers will immediately mistake me for some Horde enemy. So my orc will quest primarily for Horde members. I still don't feel like a Hordie; I feel like a mercenary. And I honestly can't see why I shouldn't team up with a human mercenary, or a night elven mercenary... Especially when we're on the same mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Let's be honest: Most of us aren't Horde or Alliance. First and foremost, we're affiliated to our guilds. Our guilds are pretty much bands of mercenaries. Due to the species of character we pick, one faction acts more favourably towards us than the other faction, but at the end of the day: We're mercs.
    Sure; I can't pick up most human quests with my orc... Because those quest-givers will immediately mistake me for some Horde enemy. So my orc will quest primarily for Horde members. I still don't feel like a Hordie; I feel like a mercenary. And I honestly can't see why I shouldn't team up with a human mercenary, or a night elven mercenary... Especially when we're on the same mission.
    You don't speak for "most" people, so it's impossible for you to know whether or not "most" care about Horde/Alliance. I have used a scroll twice on different accounts returning to WoW and both times was disappointed to find out my friends were playing Alliance. I have never chosen to play Alliance, I don't like Stormwind, yada yada. I do not consider myself even 1% Alliance. This is why I am leveling up again Horde.

I like the idea. Like especially if it's only for certain events that are potentialy world devastating and take all of azeroth to fend off. Like the burning legion coming back. It's something I'd want used sparingly though, otherwise it would kinda cheapen the value.

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    It will be cross realm LFDQ - Looking For Daily Quest.
    yep this is it folks
    You have absolutely no grounds to claim "most of us aren't horde or alliance" There is zero proof of this.

I have a strong preference for one faction, and feel like i belong to that faction, im sure most people do (see what i did there?)
    Last edited by Morgromir; 2013-02-05 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Not sure how it could be "epically lame," considering TBC was the tip of the iceberg, if you will. I'm sure that for most people who play WoW that get into lore, their end-goal is to at least kill/defeat Sargeras in-game. That would pretty much require another Legion expansion, and one that could out-do every other expansion combined. Easily.
    We've defeated the Legion twice already, each time they were weaker than before (and Azeroth was weaker as well). Whats left? Sargeras and Varian arm wrestle best 2 out of 3 wins the world? Kiljaeden and Velen have a staring contest? Ya there are storylines they need to be wrapped up but "oh noes another Legion invasion" is not very interesting at all... If anything it'd be a lot more interesting seeing the battle being fought without unity. I really don't see how people can say in one breath "I HATE ALLIANCE DIE DIE DIE" then in another "BUT WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE A GIANT FACTION TO FIGHT THE LEGION LIKE IN WC3"
    No, just, no...

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 10:40 PM ----------

Let's be honest, when you pick up your horde quests to go kill Night Elves in Ashenvale, I want to not only pickup Alliance quests to go kill Orcs in Ashenvale, I want to put you down as well. You're not on the same mission as I, and haven't been since Hellscream took over your faction. Your questing arc makes you my enemy, the quests you do make it impossible for reconciliation. There is no mistaking it. You're not off picking flowers in Ashenvale, you're waging war. Unless they are going to completely change every last quest I doubt cross-faction cooperation will ever work, even at a basic level, such as questing. A Night Elf mercenary like my toons will never aid your Orc mercenary in slaughtering her people so yours can steal the land from them...
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-05 at 10:41 PM.

To play with real ID other-faction friends yes. People who say no are either selfish or have no friends(or opposite-faction friends).
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I can see it but not during mop maybe in a xpack about the burning legion it will be plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Let's be honest, when you pick up your horde quests to go kill Night Elves in Ashenvale, I want to not only pickup Alliance quests to go kill Orcs in Ashenvale, I want to put you down as well. You're not on the same mission as I, and haven't been since Hellscream took over your faction. Your questing arc makes you my enemy, the quests you do make it impossible for reconciliation. There is no mistaking it. You're not off picking flowers in Ashenvale, you're waging war. Unless they are going to completely change every last quest I doubt cross-faction cooperation will ever work, even at a basic level, such as questing. A Night Elf mercenary like my toons will never aid your Orc mercenary in slaughtering her people so yours can steal the land from them...
    this happen because we are forced to do only your "faction" quest line, maybe if there was the possibility to do the other "faction" quest line as an orc you will fight with a him without any problem.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2013-02-05 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

My thoughts was that it'll be LFR older content. So LFR Ulduar (or any pre MoP raid) and use challenge mode tech to scale gear. Offer VP or maybe vanity items as rewards and open it up to leveling toons. So once you get to the required level of the raid you can queue along with anyone else above your level and gear will be normalised at a set ilvl.

Seems to fit, as some people would love it and others couldn't care less about older content.
    Last edited by Gags; 2013-02-05 at 11:18 PM.

There's a whole thread about this now? Maybe people are getting ready for it. I for one hope it comes. In fact, I've been waiting for it since Classic.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-02-05 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That would be the biggest prank ever.
    Brace yourselves.... April is coming...

It's a practical suggestion. But thats about it. Not interesting, big, or secret worthy. I, and i am sure many others, would be severly disappointed if they hint (months in advance) at something "big" this expansion and it only turns out to be another quality of life improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross faction groups as the "big thing"? No, I don't think so. It makes sense given the Wrathion quest line since he talks about how we all have to pull together (so to speak) and that may happen. I don't think that's what GC is talking about though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Prob be something as simple as armor dye. Something some people will love, some will use because it's there, and many will just think "that's it?"

GC has been so hostile to the original tenets/rules/structure of the game and has been so destructive/reductionist in his changes, it would not surprise me if he were to throw out the window the whole alliance vs horde rivalry and allow cross-faction groups.