Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ok, I remember now long ago one of the devs were saying that nearer the end of mists, much like how near the end of cata they introduced transmog and looking for raid, that they will be introducing something new and big.

Now it might sound crazy, but what if blizzard decides, using both the looking for raid and real ID system, that they make the raiding and dungeon content accessible cross faction, as a kind of inline with story mechanic where the alliance and rebel horde fight against Garrosh's forces.

Would this interest people, what would be the problems with having this ingame?
    Mnah, the faction war is getting worse. I don't see this as the next logical step. The animosity between the factions is too great, even if they are rebells, the Alliance will still not accept them.

Real Money AH introduced into WoW ;D

Only if they officially remove "war" from the title of the game.

Personally i'm hoping its player housing.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be one of those people going "is that it?"

Grouping with the opposite for something like a dungeon really isn't all that different from grouping up with someone from your own faction... Just different looking pixels representing their toons.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I like this idea.

I have quite a few friends on alliance that if I want to play with, I have to switch characters to something that I don't really want to play on the other faction. Yeah it's a small problem and I'm not complaining that I have to do it, but if this were implemented it would sure make playing with some of my friends alot more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That would make absolutely no sense. We're neck-deep in a war with the horde, why would they let us group with the enemy?
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

I'd love to see this, I main alliance but I have friends that main horde.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I would actually like that idea, they did something like that in RIFT for PVE shards. Defiant and Guardian's can join parties together as well as guilds, raids, PVP and dungeons. I would love something like that in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    "Guys guys! The creative department ran out of ideas! What shall we do?"

"Oh, let's just say we have an unannounced feature and let the community speculate about it for some months.
    They might make up something that'll do it!"
    Well if that's the case we need good suggestions

Anyway, my bet is on another daily hub with unlimited quests for 25 rep a time,

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I remember now long ago one of the devs were saying that nearer the end of mists, much like how near the end of cata they introduced transmog and looking for raid, that they will be introducing something new and big.

Now it might sound crazy, but what if blizzard decides, using both the looking for raid and real ID system, that they make the raiding and dungeon content accessible cross faction, as a kind of inline with story mechanic where the alliance and rebel horde fight against Garrosh's forces.

Personally, I would love to see this. I don't grief Hordies when I see them, in fact I'll usually give them a hand if they need it.

Also, I think you might be onto something, seeing as how (and it might be totally unrelated) the new right click bringing up the add friend option allows you to even add the opposite faction as a realid friend is now available. The other thing that might point in this direction is how they're making the scenarios from 5.1 faction specific available to both factions. Now, I could totally be reading into this too much, but with the direction the expansion is going, I could really see this happening.

As for the problems, well yeah, ofcourse there would be an issue with the playerbase, especially the PvP playerbase, and I'm sure that in-game we could run into a few snags. But overall I don't think there are that many problems with it. Blizz has been on a pretty good track lately with giving the players the option to play how they want to play, so that being said, giving players the choice if they want to set aside their opposite faction hate and work together or continue on how it's always been would be a great way to expand on it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this is implemented, that will be it for me and this game. I play WoW for the pvp, especially the world pvp. There is nothing more fun that ganking horde, no matter the lever (although ganking 90's is much more satisfying). I even kill my friends on their horde toons when I am bored....it's a blast hunting them down through realID and ganking them. Making cross faction groups possible destroys the very idea of the game...its a WAR, not a cuddly group of friends out for a stroll. And this expansion has focused on increasing the tensions and the hatred between the alliance and the horde, not making it better. I kind of got the "co-operation" that was needed between factions for Wrath and Cata. The whole idea of saving the world through co-operation made sense, even if I persoanlly disagreed with it (as far as I am concerned, if we can't save the world without the Horde's help, LET 'ER DIE!).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I dont have any reasons, or sources to back up what im going to say.

3rd faction. comprised of splinters from each of the current and maybe led by a new race.. I dont have any reason other then, competing with ESO :P

not alot would need changing. they could 'assume the guise' of whatever their faction would be in order to quest. as outer town guards wouldnt recognise them. only city guards are trained enough!

the biggest challenge would be editing the bg maps for them. but how much more fun would AB be with a 3rd faction. or AV with a splinter faction coming from the cave system.. they could push on dun baldar whilst keeping the horde at bay, or push FW keep whilst stemming the alliance influx!

3rd faction pvp is something Ive dreamed of for ages. would be nice to see it happen. would help with SO many stalemates, as human logic would mean, if one team is dominant, temporary truce to wipe them out. creating all kinds of chaos.
    I was also thinking something along these lines. Maybe the Pandaren will get pissed at the horde and the alliance during the expansion and will decide to become their own faction, as they will see what the war has been doing to their once peaceful and harmonic island. One or two more factions would definitely spice things up in the World of Warcraft.

...EH.....the whole choose a faction deal with lose its appeal. If they did that, what is the point of being Ally and Horde? Of course from a gameplay POV you can still gank the other side and do battlegrounds, but yea it doesn't make the Ally/Horde choice compelling. With that said, it would solve a some problems for me lol.

In Vanilla when horde had shamans and alliance had paladins. I often talked to some of my alliance friends via irc etc and they said they would have loved to borrow some shamans into their raid! (there was a bug once when a dwarf got into a horde raid by mistake hilarity )

Back then I thought about it and believed hey with a group of adventurers going about slaying dragons it might make sense to team up with the alliance. Now? I feel its a good idea if it fits the theme of the game or just applied to dungeons/raids

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never play with with alliance scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The ability for people to swap factions after a long quest chain (Or just buying it), without having to change races.
    I could get behind this.

I don't like the whole thing "Your a Tauren you HAVE to be Horde", or " Your Night Elf you have to be Alliance".

Even in a "war" setting it doesn't make sense.

This would add a whole new level for the RP types to.

Personally I would move some of my toons to the horde side wicked fast.

I think its a third faction allowing peple to defect from the two warring factions.

Queuing for old Dungeons maybe?
    or
    Realid raiding current-tier raids
    Last edited by Milamber; 2013-02-06 at 11:23 AM.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    a 4th spec for all classes is what it will be!
    I was thinking of something like that, i mean the tech is there with druid guardian spec.
    There's already ideas like demonhunter, warden, archmage/priest and warlock tanks they could use
    Demonhunter spec would be a hunter without pet and using spell mail to give that loot another use?
    Warden for warrior, duel wielding shields! lol.
    Archmage/priest would be a mix of the other specs.
    Not all classes would get a 4th spec right away but imo it's more interesting than yet another race/class.

Oh yes and gief tripple spec, it's about time.

Really it's not going to be another x-realm thing. And x-faction.. really? You guys forgot what wow is about.
    Horde vs Alliance, orcs vs humans, red vs blue. It's bad enough that both factions have shamans and paladins.
    Am I the only one who likes Hellscream? Orc supremacy!
    Last edited by mmoc748d6be4b6; 2013-02-06 at 11:34 AM.

I'm up for it. We should focus on real enemy, not on the artificial war created by Garrosh and Varian hate. At the end of the Mop the fuel for this war will be gone, especially Garrosh has quite a huge oposition against the war within the horde.