Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    throw in some bugs, make wow free add some strange items that increase your health significantly + OP's feature = private server. Gogo blizz!

If it's for just that (killing garrosh) then yes

It would be WORST IDEA EVER!
    There won't be more epic feel of Horde/Ally

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Couldn't even pay me to group up with freaking alliance.
    Why does it have to be something you use? If you're a casual, do you hate heroic raids? If you're hardcore do you hate LFR? Let there be options for people with opposite faction friends who aren't immature children/RPers with a phobia towards the opposite faction.

Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    If this is implemented, that will be it for me and this game. I play WoW for the pvp, especially the world pvp. There is nothing more fun that ganking horde, no matter the lever (although ganking 90's is much more satisfying). I even kill my friends on their horde toons when I am bored....it's a blast hunting them down through realID and ganking them. Making cross faction groups possible destroys the very idea of the game...its a WAR, not a cuddly group of friends out for a stroll. And this expansion has focused on increasing the tensions and the hatred between the alliance and the horde, not making it better. I kind of got the "co-operation" that was needed between factions for Wrath and Cata. The whole idea of saving the world through co-operation made sense, even if I persoanlly disagreed with it (as far as I am concerned, if we can't save the world without the Horde's help, LET 'ER DIE!).
    If everyone teamed up while questing there would be 2x as many lowbies for you to gank, even though I can't understand people who gank lowbies, they usually run when the mains show up or die after a few seconds against them.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-02-06 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Yes, I'm sure the battle between the alliance and horde in pandaira ends with us all being friends and grouping together

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anything more than anyone else but I think a clue is here. Near the top of the Data Changes section. This has been in the air for a while now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    It would be WORST IDEA EVER!
    There won't be more epic feel of Horde/Ally
    On the other hand immagine you joining a mixed guild and then being able to kill both feel epic no?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

This whole conversation is somewhat dumb imo. Everyone on pvp servers has horde/alliance characters. Half the people you talk with in chat or hanging around in your guild will at some point have fought or killed you on a seperate faction. Not talking between factions is about as dumb, as the guy in the article earlier clearly and accurately said...people are jerks. Those guy will camp you then log onto the opposite faction toon and taunt you anyway. So really doesn't matter.

NOBODY gets along anymore in gaming. You don't talk with poeple in LFR or randoms for fear itll start off some big chat fight for no better reason then some 13 year old monkey trying to impress this chick in his guild who is actually an over wieght 40 year old male with a voice synth on his vent.

The only thing that can possibly make gaming (not just wow every game has degenerated into trolls and asshats in chat ASIDE from moderated private servers) is the addition of cause n effect measures. Act like an asshat you get crap ratings which in turn could slow your progression, or que times get a negative as a result etc. ALL characters on account tied together no folks hiding. Pay an 15 a month to get an account just for trade chat abuse...fine waste your money.

Cross faction grouping won't hurt anything you poeple don't talk to the team mates ya group with anyway so what's the difference... Won't speed up que's except during off peak times as you will still have the same heal/tank to dps ratio. But hey...off peak times will benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Let's be honest, when you pick up your horde quests to go kill Night Elves in Ashenvale, I want to not only pickup Alliance quests to go kill Orcs in Ashenvale, I want to put you down as well. You're not on the same mission as I, and haven't been since Hellscream took over your faction. Your questing arc makes you my enemy, the quests you do make it impossible for reconciliation. There is no mistaking it. You're not off picking flowers in Ashenvale, you're waging war. Unless they are going to completely change every last quest I doubt cross-faction cooperation will ever work, even at a basic level, such as questing. A Night Elf mercenary like my toons will never aid your Orc mercenary in slaughtering her people so yours can steal the land from them...
    I've got a good reason for not questing in Ashenvale on my Horde characters (so yes, I am there to pick flowers).
    But you're not entirely sane when it comes to fictional factions.

Here's a tip: It's all make-belief, and you are not an elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    its probably Defense of the Alehouse and its will probably be a new way to play because they will probably make it like a legit DOTA like they are doing with SC2
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread but I could see it happening sometime soon.

Didn't Wrathion mention that Azeroth needs to stand united against the incoming evil? This would mean that Horde and Alliance would have to stop the war and negotiate some sort of a fleeting peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    As soon as I click WOW.EXE, I AM an elf.
    It's called an mmoRPG for a reason.
    No; you're still not an elf.
    You're roleplaying an elf. There is a huge amount of difference. In the first case, you're Otherkin. In the second, you're roleplaying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of Cross-Faction in general
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    You didn't play Warcraft 3, did you...?
    So I must have missed the super secret squirrel level in which you fight and kill Sargeras, DAMN!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ok, I remember now long ago one of the devs were saying that nearer the end of mists, much like how near the end of cata they introduced transmog and looking for raid, that they will be introducing something new and big.

Now it might sound crazy, but what if blizzard decides, using both the looking for raid and real ID system, that they make the raiding and dungeon content accessible cross faction, as a kind of inline with story mechanic where the alliance and rebel horde fight against Garrosh's forces.

Would this interest people, what would be the problems with having this ingame?
    Nope, probably the map builder kit for a subscription based customized Battleground for Wargames.

Marco Koegler's work with procedural map building always looked to me on par with their REALLY REALLY old plans of player-made content.

Another really old feature that they can be bringing is the mentoring program that allow ahigh level character to decrease levels in order to play with the newly arrived friends.

Both seem way more possible than cross-faction.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Why does it have to be something you use? If you're a casual, do you hate heroic raids? If you're hardcore do you hate LFR? Let there be options for people with opposite faction friends who aren't immature children/RPers with a phobia towards the opposite faction.

If everyone teamed up while questing there would be 2x as many lowbies for you to gank, even though I can't understand people who gank lowbies, they usually run when the mains show up or die after a few seconds against them.
    THis is quite the asinine statement. Where do you get your info from? IF I gank low lowbies, I do so inthe hope that the mains ARE going to show up, because there's nothing better than making someone rage and get on their main, then wreckign their main as well. Then they come over to my side, make a lvl 1 and try to flame me. Makes for fun times. And before you get all up in arms thinking I'm a douche for running around killign low levels, I typically don't kill anyone lower than lvl 85. Not like I sit in Stranglethorn camping level 30 poeple liek half the horde on my server does. I usually only do it in MoP zones. And before you get all whiny and pissy and call me a bully, these people choose to roll on a pvp server. If they don't liek it, they have the choice to roll on a number of non-pvp servers. And how would people grouping up make there be any more people to wpvp with? 2 people solo questing = 2 people to kill. 2 people in 1 group questing = 2 people to kill? Please enlighten me, and show your math. I am easily distracted and need many numbers to keep my attention

...did they say it would be released "at the end of Mist"? Or are you just assuming so since LFR was implemented at the end of Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    so your logic is

i want this

i think they can do it

so this must be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    I don't know anything more than anyone else but I think a clue is here. Near the top of the Data Changes section. This has been in the air for a while now.
    Ummm... you do realize that's a link to the Diablo patch, right? Is there something here we're supposed to be seeing? Is it the "report Botting" bit? Hardly seems like a feature - more of an added convenience for Blizz Staff than anything. :P

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    so your logic is

i want this

i think they can do it

so this must be it!
    ...I think you summed up the entire internet forum community mentality in 3 short sentences...

Cross faction groups

equals cross faction sloots.

I'm down.