Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    How strong is garrosh,

    how strong is garrosh corrupted or whatever is happening in the siege raid or lorewise compared to Past bosses we have fought, Really interested to see what kind of power he contains
    Last edited by niker99; 2013-02-05 at 03:53 PM.

  2. #2
    On his own, he's a strong and powerful warrior, but not worthy of being the end boss of a whole tier. My guess is that when we fight him, he'll empower himself through some means, likely something he finds on Pandaria related to the Mogu, Titans, or Sha.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    On his own, he's a strong and powerful warrior, but not worthy of being the end boss of a whole tier. My guess is that when we fight him, he'll empower himself through some means, likely something he finds on Pandaria related to the Mogu, Titans, or Sha.
    Or only thing that we will find will be his corpse, with his secret advisor sitting on the throne.

    Nah, what am I thinking, Blizzard and plot twists that are not obvious?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    On his own, he's a strong and powerful warrior, but not worthy of being the end boss of a whole tier. My guess is that when we fight him, he'll empower himself through some means, likely something he finds on Pandaria related to the Mogu, Titans, or Sha.
    Well, ennemies in-game power is not related to lore.
    For exemple, the Lich King is in game more powerful than Yogg-Saron, but lorewise, Yogg-Saron is like ... 1 000 000 000 times stronger than the lich king ?

  5. #5
    Probably the strongest thing (ingame) at this time, iguess.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceitx View Post
    Probably the strongest thing (ingame) at this time, iguess.
    Eh, not exacly, one of the strongest mortals sure, but Lei Shen says hi :P

    Remember, hes trying to find something that helps him (and the whole Horde) be THE strongest thing in game, hes yet to find it. So right now hes not THAT strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Eh, not exacly, one of the strongest mortals sure, but Lei Shen says hi :P

    Remember, hes trying to find something that helps him (and the whole Horde) be THE strongest thing in game, hes yet to find it. So right now hes not THAT strong.
    He's going to find Trassk on pandaria and use his hate of Garrosh to empower the Sha of Fear's essence while he asborbs it making him the most power being of all time.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    A capable warrior at the moment, but being JUST a warrior doesn't mean much in a world with dragons and magic. He will likely tame the sha power and use it to empower himself, because I recall Blizzard saying they didn't want him corrupted and possessed by it.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Lostwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the couch
    Posts
    1,011
    I've noticed you people tend to glorify faction leaders to an extreme, raising them into godlike beings.

    Garrosh is a very skilled and physically strong warrior, amongst orcs. Nothing more though. His real power is his position.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,843
    Garrosh is a great warrior, he lacks the right kind of balance though, he fights purely with hatred, so there are better warriors out there. Cairne outdid him completely for example, that was until the paralyzing poison kicked in of course.

    However, he will be enhanced by something at least when we'll fight him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Well, ennemies in-game power is not related to lore.
    For exemple, the Lich King is in game more powerful than Yogg-Saron, but lorewise, Yogg-Saron is like ... 1 000 000 000 times stronger than the lich king ?
    Well, Yogg-Saron was weakened due to being released too soon, and on top of that the raid had the help of the keepers. Even then I think Yogg-Saron would be stronger than the Lich King though. I'm also fairly certain that Sartharion wouldn't even have been able to measure himself with Malygos. So you're right, in-game numbers does not affect lore.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2013-02-05 at 04:51 PM.

  11. #11
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    I'm guessing that he's going to fuse himself with the final Sha (Sha of Pride, calling it right now).
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  12. #12
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,734
    On his own I'd say he would have been suitable for T14. Alone he'd get his ass kicked by Lei Shen (T15).

    I suspect Blizz will use T16 to give background to why Garrosh is the end boss (betting on 7th Sha). Then we'll deal with Garrosh in T17.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  13. #13
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,979
    Consider all thats happened with Garrosh and add up the peices, there must then be something in what he's encountered that will give a reason why he's going to be a viable raid boss.

    Orcish aggression
    An army of loyal followers (morons)
    An apparent unending supply of black metaled spiked structures
    The Mogu and there 'stone brought to life' constructs
    The Sha
    Ex-twlight cultists under his command
    Blackrock orcs coming into the picture.

    Much of this will add up to what he uses in the raid I'm sure.

  14. #14
    hes definitely pretty tough for an orc. however hes got his ass handed to him by varian everytime they fight each other.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  15. #15
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,979
    Garrosh is also a character who is not motivated or corrupted by anyone else, unlike say deathwing was by old gods or Arthas was by nerzhul, even his own father though mannaroth and his demon blood. Blizzard is very much in the habit of letting us know who's pulling the strings with characters. To that end, Everything Garrosh does is on his own volition, no one else.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hes definitely pretty tough for an orc. however hes got his ass handed to him by varian everytime they fight each other.
    Im not sure I get the ''hes definitely pretty tough for an orc'', Orcs by themselves are possibly the strongest physical race XD, I guess you mean for a Orc with no powers (e.g. Thrall , etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

  17. #17
    Stronger then thrall before he went to get his power up


    So quite powerful but it probably has changed quite a bit since then

  18. #18
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Im not sure I get the ''hes definitely pretty tough for an orc'', Orcs by themselves are possibly the strongest physical race XD, I guess you mean for a Orc with no powers (e.g. Thrall , etc.)
    pretty much. As a standard Garrosh should be no tougher then your average muscled headed orc. He doesn't even have his old mans corrupted blood to fall back on, which empowered Grom. And when you think of the kind of characters like Thrall, Varian, Jaina, Vol'jin, all highly powerful leaders themselves going up against a powerless meatbag, well, Garrosh will either have to have some tricks up his sleeve, or become corrupted.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    I've noticed you people tend to glorify faction leaders to an extreme, raising them into godlike beings.

    Garrosh is a very skilled and physically strong warrior, amongst orcs. Nothing more though. His real power is his position.
    Pretty much exactly what everyone before you said.

  20. #20
    Garrosh will be corrupted by the Sha AND amped up on Demon blood. He already has his cronies hanging out in his basement.

    Oh, and if it was an uncorrupted, no outside influence smackdown - he'd be dead and Cairne would now be Warchief.
    Last edited by balir; 2013-02-05 at 06:02 PM.
    Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •