Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Would help a ton if NG was passive during eclipse, not a lousy 15 second buff.
    Or have it on longer duration, like they did the resto druid mastery Harmony. It still has a duration but it's almost impossible to drop if you heal normally. That way they won't have to nerf it as it would still drop if you did something outside the rotation or camp an eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    Lemme iterate, that our aoe damage on 4+ targets is one of the worse. On 2-3, it's a lot higher than most classes.
    Which is why our AoE probably won't get buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is why our AoE probably won't get buffed.
    I think you don't understand the difference between multi-dotting and real AoE. I agree, our damage on 2-3 targets is more than fine (multi-dotting) but our AoE damage consisting of shrooms and hurricane is so low it's not even funny. Additionally, for some inexplicable reason hurricane/astral storm costs an insane amount of mana so that we can't sit in one eclipse and AoE for long until we run oom. I just don't get the reasoning behind that...

No, i understand it just fine. I also understand that we won't be strong at both.

That aside, being able to sit in Solar and spam Hurricane for 2 minutes isn't exactly short.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrations View Post
    ohh ye forgot about shrooms... wth cata shrooms back =(
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Would help a ton if NG was passive during eclipse, not a lousy 15 second buff.
    That would only make eclipse stronger and make our playstyle more focussed around it. Now there's some interesting dynamics when you decide to cast spells that do not continue your eclipse cycle and give NG uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Well, tbh I don't see many recent posts about Moonkins in the PTR thread...I would if I could, but EU, so whatever >.>

If Moonkins are already a minority, they at least should be a vocal one, if they want to be fixed.
    ^Pretty much this. I still don't understand why there's no EU PTR class threads. It feels like any feedback I could give on EU forums would fall on deaf ears, and it would definitely not get a proper response or create an interesting discussion.

I hear a lot of QQ which dont get we wrong. It is very needed for moonkins becuse of AoE and Movement dps is piss poor. How ever with "Balance - Increased Starfire, Wrath and Starsurge by 9%" and our ability to scale with gear I believe out single target will be nice in 5.2. Thank god we dont play ele, or ret. If a moonkin know how to move correctly and can us SS proc well you can pull nice dps. Not Arcane mage or afflic lock but we have our fights we are good at and you can compete with a lot of classes.

With that buff and gear scaling a good moonkin can be really good in 5.2.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezul View Post
    How ever with "Balance - Increased Starfire, Wrath and Starsurge by 9%" and our ability to scale with gear I believe out single target will be nice in 5.2.

With that buff and gear scaling a good moonkin can be really good in 5.2.
    Yet, do you have any knowledge on how other specs stand now on the ptr, compared to 5.1? Sure if all classes were to remain thesame we'd have an advantage but blizz changed a lot of things and I got no clue how our spec will turn out in comparison when 5.2 hits. Also I'd like to quote GC:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Unless you can demonstrate that "scaling" is going to cause a 5-10% DPS difference between one spec and another within a single tier (say 13 ilevels or so), we're not inclined to mess with it. I'm not trying to dismiss the concerns, but it's become such a buzzword among players that I worry scaling discussions are drowning out other conversations.
    Moonkins scale well with secondary stats, that's true, yet I don't know how other classes scale in comparison. I don't think gear scaling will give us much of an advantage tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    They still haven't made force of nature attractive.
    WrathCalc PTR shows that FoN pulls ahead of Incarnation if used with NG. It will be even better with the 4-piece and used on trinket procs. Looking at the amount of movement there will be in the raid, FoN tends to be a better pick vs Incarnation where you lose it's value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    WrathCalc PTR shows that FoN pulls ahead of Incarnation if used with NG. It will be even better with the 4-piece and used on trinket procs. Looking at the amount of movement there will be in the raid, FoN tends to be a better pick vs Incarnation where you lose it's value.
    i will never ever use those trees again. wrathcalcs also put doc ahead of nature's vigil with 4p we see how that worked out

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    Is that factoring in the 9% buff to Wrath, Starsurge, and Starfire? Another buff that FoN just won't scale with?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that factoring in the 9% buff to Wrath, Starsurge, and Starfire? Another buff that FoN just won't scale with?
    It definitely hasn't since that is a fairly new buff. The # of casts for FoN I believe is on the conservative side in WC, so it should be unarguably better in high movement fights considering WC is valuing them in a pure patchwerk fight. But you still have to rely on them not being buggy and doing what there are supposed to do, which is undoubtedly a stretch at times. Currently several fights on the PTR have HORRIBLE functionality with pets like Durumu and Tortos. But that's mostly with melee pets so who knows if it'll effect ours. Next wave of testing I'll try FoN on fights and see how they respond.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also FoN doesn't scale with multiple targets whereas Incarnation will, so I'd assume any fight with multiple targets to be attacked can be written off for FoN.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    It would also be nice if we could, like several others classes, get 2 shooting stars buffs at the same time instead of a second proc overwriting the first.
    I really like this idea, or having SS morph into a new spell with 2 procs, would add some fun decisions to our rather boring rotation.

Okay, screw FoN at this point. >.>

Deleted
    So are we stuck with Incarnation + Nature's Vigil for another tier? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Personally I'll be going Inc+HotW because with the change to NV I will probably forget to activate it on cd which means it won't be up for the next Inc, further hurting my dps :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Personally I'll be going Inc+HotW because with the change to NV I will probably forget to activate it on cd which means it won't be up for the next Inc, further hurting my dps :P
    Agree on this one. With int becomming a more valued stat then crit also HotW gains more arguments, even if its a small amount, int also provides crit. + It doesnt hurt that you'll be able to put a massive tranq out.

Deleted
    Well that sounds promising, nothing worse than a new patch and staying exactly the same. Really hope they quickly fix the issues a lot of players have with the Treants, an extra option is never a bad thing

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Think you're more free to actually make a choice now. SotF will be better (though I got no clue where it'll end up), FoN seems like an option for singletarget based on some reports, HotW looks like it'll give the highest dps with the option to go hybrid for 40secs and NV will still be competitive with pretty significant healing on 33% uptime. Also Incarnation basically got nerfed due to less synergy with NV (10%less dmg) or only benefitting from 6% Int when going HotW/Incarnation.

I'm going to choose HotW. At least then I'll have an okay raid CD. Blanket everyone in rejuv's. #ClutchBoomkinHealsSwag