Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Sandler's about the unfunniest person on the planet. His jokes are hard to stomach; not for the offensiveness, but solely for the fact you're waiting for a funny punchline that never comes. Watching any of his newer movies is like fapping without ever finishing. And you're also doing it with steel wool while watching Golden Girls. In short, no one should put themselves through it.

However, comedy is comedy. You can't say something's off-limits because it might offend someone, or else you get to the point where no one's allowed to make any joke at all. If it bothers you, turn it off. I just don't see how you can watch Adam Sandler and the point you want to turn off the TV is when it comes to pedophilia jokes. On average, I make it about fifteen seconds into him doing his old Jewish woman voice before I stroke out and wake up five days later in the ICU.
    It's not the comedy about paedophilia that is the problem, it is the culture around it. People can make light of the death of children in comedies, I have seen it; however, culturally we wouldn't honestly believe or think light of it. In this situation though, it may be making light of paedophilia, but at the same time, it's how the culture actually is

10+ Year Old Account
    There were more than a couple teachers I would have loved to have sex with when I was 13.

It's a movie. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    When an underage girl gets fucked by a teacher he needs to be castrated.
    If an underage guy fucks a teacher, he deserves a medal. Hell I know when I was 12 if a teacher wanted to have sex with me I'd of ripped my clothes off anywhere.
    Right so you're sexist.

Girls can't possibly want to have sex or be curious about it, only boys can be. Underaged girl = fuck that teacher up, underaged boy = give that boy a medal!

This is why it's not funny in a movie because THAT'S HOW PEOPLE REALLY THINK.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    There were more than a couple teachers I would have loved to have sex with when I was 13.

It's a movie. Deal with it.
    So you don't see the issue with a 13 year old having sex with their teacher? There was a woman who raped a 14 year old, but because of how people think he isn't really a victim.

I don't know what is more incredible in this thread. The fact OP is trying to tell people what is and isn't funny, or the fact OP watches a cartoon for little girls and thinks that isn't strange, but Adam Sandler and his black humor is.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-02-05 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

So you don't see the issue with a 13 year old having sex with their teacher? There was a woman who raped a 14 year old, but because of how people think he isn't really a victim.
    Nope. Pretty sure I answered that already when I said I would have had sex with my teacher when I was 13. It wouldn't have lasted very long, but it would have been magnificent.

If you say the teacher forced herself on the student when he said no, then sure. But as that wasn't the case in the movie, then I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It actually has some basis in science (morality aside) that women's sex drives outlast a man's. Therefore older women with younger men is somewhat explainable, legality aside.
    Stop telling all of women's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If they take a blue pill maybe.

Women's sex drive far outlasts a man's. It's the reason married couples fuck like rabbits until the time where the dude reaches about 40. Then his testosterone levels declined enough that he really isn't that interested all the time anymore.
    Odd because my 56yo father and 90yo grandfather both still love sex though according to my grandfather he just in not physically attracted to his 92yo wife anymore but if he were not married to her he would be in pursuit of younger women.

That being said I kind kind of understand it because as a man ages his perception of physical beauty doesn't, and considering men are stimulated by visuals I could see how a wrinkly old women would fail to be visually appealing to a man that's perception of beauty generally fits the age group of 15-50

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    I don't know what is more incredible in this thread. The fact OP is trying to tell people what is and isn't funny, or the fact OP watches a cartoon for little girls and thinks that isn't strange, but Adam Sandler and his black humor is.
    You do realize that when MLP was created it was created in a such a way to appeal to ADULTS so parents would WANT to watch it, but I guess you're going to choose the ignorant path and insult me right? I am more bothered with the cultural aspects.

Deleted
    welcome to a world of double standards

You do realize that when MLP was created it was created in a such a way to appeal to ADULTS so parents would WANT to watch it, but I guess you're going to choose the ignorant path and insult me right? I am more bothered with the cultural aspects.
    You chose to tell everyone what is and isn't funny, and why people are wrong for disagreeing with you, and somehow I'm ignorant.

To take your bait though, just because my hypothetical daughter likes to clap and smile at My Little Pony, doesn't mean I'm watching it with her because I find some deeper philosophical meaning and intent. Go watch Regular Show or something less creepy, or just stop telling people what is and isn't funny, and maybe the same argument won't be used against you.

With love, A Challenger!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have some movies I have been wanting to watch that I haven't watched since I got them. This is an old movie sure, but still I am bringing this up since it's new to me. So I started watching That's my Boy and the first 6 minutes of that movie I just find terribly disturbing, not funny at all. A teacher takes advantage of an underaged boy and they have sex many times and they get found out on a stage during a speech leading to the whole school cheering including MALE TEACHERS. I can't help but think, what in the fuck? This type of image does not help at all with males that do indeed get raped. If this had been about a 13 year old girl having sex with her "hot" teacher it would have been seen as disturbing by masses.

Then the court case with nodding officers and stenographers.

"I would fuck that kid again and again, he makes me feel like there's a rainbow coming out my beaver" which gets nods from the kid

Because an adult male and a adolecent female is different than a adult female and a adolecent male. Not saying either is correct, but it is a movie, and the idea around it is to laugh at the event, not to compare it to a real life situation.

There is also nothing funny about cutting a Knights Arms off while he is defending his post, such as Monty Python, but that doesn't make the event any less funny. I am absoulutly sure the right movie you could make the same scene with an under aged girl, and probably get some chuckles too, and have some complain about it the same way you are.

It is a movie, not a statement on life.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Sandler's about the unfunniest person on the planet. His jokes are hard to stomach; not for the offensiveness, but solely for the fact you're waiting for a funny punchline that never comes. Watching any of his newer movies is like fapping without ever finishing. And you're also doing it with steel wool while watching Golden Girls. In short, no one should put themselves through it.
    You leave the Golden Girls out of this!

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am absoulutly sure the right movie you could make the same scene with an under aged girl, and probably get some chuckles too, and have some complain about it the same way you are.
    I guarantee you that you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Stop telling all of women's secrets.
    It's not a secret why do you think so many young men are interested in cougar hunting.
    Well their are also other reasons, older women tend to be more tolerable, more helpful, more agreeable, more thoughtful and generally better suited as relationship meterial.

Single mothers being the best in my view as they tend to cook/clean for their offspring while holding down a job so the male mind can only assume that they are willing to put more effort into providing for those they love than some snobby ass 17yo bimbo that thinks she is a valuable asset simply because she has a pretty, young little twat and perky titties that will allow her to float through life.

Of course not all young women have that mentality, some of them have self esteem issues and they are prized by assholes/gentlemen alike.
    Last edited by skrump; 2013-02-05 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with it because we're not talking about a real life situation here, we're talking about humor (good or bad, doesn't matter) in a movie. You'll have to realize that humorists/comedians/whatever can and will play jokes on serious matters just as much as they will on anything else. People will crack jokes on rape, paedophilia, racism, genocide, religion, and so on. Do you have to like it? Of course not. But there's no reason to act like you're standing in some higher moral ground, deeming these things innapropriate or whatever because they're a serious matter in real life.

Bottom line: it's a joke about something serious, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best jokes are the ones you feel guilty about laughing at.

For example, to paraphrase Doug Stanhope.
    My father used to dress up as Santa Clause and rape me, then before he would leave me crying in my room he would say "dont worry, I'm not real"
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

You people that just say "oh well it's a joke that's all it's just a comedy." It actually happens though and the same attitude showed in the movie is the attitude showed by many. A 13 year old boy has sex with his teacher? Good on him. A 14 year old boy was raped? Well he can't be raped and he probably enjoyed it. Movies tell something about the people that watch it, it portrays the cultural of the people that actually make and watch the movie, and the one we live in makes light of underaged boys have sex with female teachers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go watch a 1970's film called 'Scum', starring a young Ray Winstone.

Some argue it helped the debate to close down the Borstal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The best jokes are the ones you feel guilty about laughing at.

For example, to paraphrase Doug Stanhope.
    But this is a joke, which if it happened for real people would be outraged at the father. What was portrayed in the movie isn't too far from real life at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    But this is a joke, which if it happened for real people would be outraged at the father. What was portrayed in the movie isn't too far from real life at all.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ing-women.html

Just a joke, though.

That's the whole point!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    You leave the Golden Girls out of this!

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:07 AM ----------

I guarantee you that you're wrong.

You can't guarantee me something that is subjective and my opinion unless you have facts to prove otherwise. I also didn't say HOW it would be done that it would be as funny or funnier, what i am saying is that comedy is art, and a form of expression, so yes, I am sure that a scene could be written to show the same type of situation in reverse and have it be funny.

But neither situation is expressly acceptable, ask the women who have been sentenced and convicted.

It the arguement is about societies general and over all attitude, keep in mind there are real social logical conditions that make up what over all people find more acceptable, which is why different nations have variations on different kinds of laws too.

Personally, I don't find child abuse funny at all, however if i was in middle school, and was intimate with a HOT older Female Teacher, I would have been on cloud 9, hell that would have been a fantasy. Doesn't suggest it is any more or less wrong or good idea.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis