Heroic Only bosses

How do you feel about heroic only bosses? Many people will not see them until several tiers later. Many people will feel the need to push their guild harder or find a more skilled one only to see this one fight you won't be able to otherwise. Granted a lot of people still won't see a lot of fights until later simply because they aren't good enough to clear normals. Then again blizzard introduced LFR for this very reason.

With the new direction blizzard has been going do you think there should still be heroic only bosses? Will a heroic only boss change your expectations for this upcoming tier?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I watched the Sinestra fight on YouTube and that was good enough for me. Will probably do the same with Ra-Den. They don't really bother me all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    How do you feel about heroic only bosses? Many people will not see them until several tiers later. Many people will feel the need to push their guild harder or find a more skilled one only to see this one fight you won't be able to otherwise. Granted a lot of people still won't see a lot of fights until later simply because they aren't good enough to clear normals. Then again blizzard introduced LFR for this very reason.

With the new direction blizzard has been going do you think there should still be heroic only bosses? Will a heroic only boss change your expectations for this upcoming tier?
    Heroic only bosses are good. It's a little extra something for guilds that push for that full heroic clear. It's not required or anything big honestly, but it's a little something that will be fun, just like Sinestra was. Now I just wish they would take the Ulduar mechanic approach to hardmodes instead of flipping a switch.

Deleted
    i always considered heroic only bosses, as bonus content for people who are able to down the hardest encounters that tier has too offer.
    ofcourse over time people will outgear and outlevel them and at that point everyone will be able too experience these bosses and they are no longer considered special.

so yes i like the fact they keep adding heroic only bosses, even if i myself wont be able too unlock during the tier its part off. i can always go back later too experience it, although it be easier then it should be.

I think heroic only boss without dungeon journal 'support' is a good 'compromise' for the heroic raiders to get what they want while also ensuring that the rest of the community (the majority) also gets what they want. It makes the raid content relevant for more people and justifies blizzard's investment in the content.

It wouldn't change my expectation for the upcoming tier though.
    Its not like a single boss can change my expectation for an entire tier.

More options as far as things to progress to is never a bad thing.

More carrots attached to the stick.

I am a huge fan of heroic only bosses and think the game should have at least one boss that is heroic only every expansion. The top 1% get a boss mid expansion so they can enjoy it while it is current content and everyone else has the ability to enjoy it a tier later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed emotions because ill never get to see them.

They are great ideas, they aren't needed for achievements, they aren't needed to progress a story line, so casuals shouldn't be QQing over this. Blizzard gave them LFR, and we get Heroic only bosses, it makes sense. Gotta keep both sides happy.

Deleted
    I agree with everything that has been said here. Heroic mode only bosses are a good thing. They are kind of a sweetspot. Lfr is good and bad. It does really have it's place in the game. It does however, remove some of the epic feeling about the raid.

I would imagine that a lot of people are/start raiding in order to get that feeling. I started raiding because of it (T11).
    HC only bosses give the epic feeling, while the majority of the raid is available to the non-raider playerbase.
    I, myself will probably not see said boss, but to be honest I would be fine with it, as it is not the major lore figure of the raid.