Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    quite frankly enchanting is tied with tailoring between the worst professions to try and lvl. yes its true you can make your own enchants but the same can be said for tailoring, leg enchants cost a shitton for casters and you can make all of them for free if its for yourself only.

most bots will put the enchants up for next to nothing (windsong in my server is 30-60g).

the time it takes to farm dungeons over and over again in order to get enough mats to lvl 1-10 skillpoints in enchanting is agony.. think about running the scarlet monastery 30 times just to get enough silk cloth for 5-10 points in tailoring. now multiply the disenchanted mats by 5 and u have enchanting.

@op: 1 enchanter per realm is fine for your own account. sha crystals are going to be on the way down thanks to higher drop rates in lfr, more lfr raids available, and possible epics from quests.

imo the best pair for new toons you can get is herbing and alchemy. their both very easy to lvl up , have flask benefits, they have a trinket, go well paired and they can generate some easy gold.
    well, tailor and enchant may not be as profittable as alchemy and inscription, but at least they are more beneficial than BS and Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    quite frankly enchanting is tied with tailoring between the worst professions to try and lvl. yes its true you can make your own enchants but the same can be said for tailoring, leg enchants cost a shitton for casters and you can make all of them for free if its for yourself only.

most bots will put the enchants up for next to nothing (windsong in my server is 30-60g).

the time it takes to farm dungeons over and over again in order to get enough mats to lvl 1-10 skillpoints in enchanting is agony.. think about running the scarlet monastery 30 times just to get enough silk cloth for 5-10 points in tailoring. now multiply the disenchanted mats by 5 and u have enchanting.

@op: 1 enchanter per realm is fine for your own account. sha crystals are going to be on the way down thanks to higher drop rates in lfr, more lfr raids available, and possible epics from quests.

imo the best pair for new toons you can get is herbing and alchemy. their both very easy to lvl up , have flask benefits, they have a trinket, go well paired and they can generate some easy gold.
    Overall, lvl enchanting from 1-600 was pretty easy. solo farming old dungeons can get you at least 10 lvls per run. the only thing that really held me back was once you hit unlucky speed bumps, i.e. where you need like 30 arcane dust but you only get 1-2 from a dungeon run. things get even easier once you get to WotLK enchants. because you can use honor to buy the mats from the vendor in the PvP building.
    ---
    Being in a lvl 25 guild with bank tabs full of old enchanting mats help as well

Deleted
    Disenchanting Cataclysm-grade greens I farm everyday for some juicy 300 gold per stack Hypnotic Dust.
    All the greens I find + whatever ores I shuffle into jewelery + whatever cloth I convert into 289 bracers (2200 cloth per hour, costs 10 cloth + 4.20g vendor to make one bracers).
    It is very profitable indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get all of the MoP enchants and sit in a major city putting it in trade. People tip 100-200g for the simplest of things. I've even had a 500g tip for just a weapon enchant.

Deleted
    Yes but you have to realise IT IS VERY SERVER DEPENDENT, for instance enchanting in trade often oes for 10g an enchant on 3 of the servers ive been on. Same goes for the price of hypnotic dust.

Deleted
    With all of the Epic necklaces from the Love boss in Shadowfang giving Sha Crystals...Yes. It is worth it. I expect a fix/nerf very soon. Im good with my crystals farmed already tho.

Everything that talks about "gold" is server dependent. Have you ever heared of gold making which is not server dependent? None and Im 100% sure there is none. Your clearly commenting base on your personal preference and not by research.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 10:55 PM ----------

The answer is different depending on the situation.
    Same server, Same Fraction: No, you only need one and its useless and a waste of time to make another.
    Same server, Different Fraction/Server: Yes, its worth making a new enchanter since you CANT mail anything to a different server or fraction.

Gold gain and Min/Max topic, Enchanting is one of the most balanced. Not OP, Not Nerf...so its worth making.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:00 PM ----------

If you meant buying the matts to level it. Yes, enchanting matts is far cheaper and much easier to farm.
    ...specialy at burning crusade area where the mining nodes is anoyingly few in numbers, long spawn time and has been made a cross realm zone making it much harder with all the competition. The bc ore prize is always high and short in suply with a very high demand.

Deleted
    I didn't earn a lot with Ench
    I'd go for BS/JC/Alch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ring Enchants are nice.