Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Important thing is to choose the correct trinkets. I am running thru HC modes with like 7-8k spirit (+flask, 300 food where needed) but Darkmoon card (equals to +-1200 flat spirit) and Scroll of Revered Ancestors (like 900 spirit) = roughly 11k spirit.

Another really important thing is usage of CDs - I am innervating at like 90% of mana, popping regen trinket @ pull basically. I am specced to Incarnation and using it usually as a mana saving CD - so use it as soon as you can (but dont waste it ) Prepot intellect (especially if you start with HOTW dps) and make sure you use Focus potion.

So for me 10-12k spirit (including trinkets) feels OK on progress fights - I like to give myself an option to spam reju/regrowths if needed without disabling myself.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalpwn View Post
    Funny you say that. As a Holy Paladin, I have my mana regen trinket/racial on a macro with Holy Shock, so they're always on CD.
    So your regen trinket and racial get used on your first cast? Doesn't seem that efficient to me...
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Maybe he uses a trinket switch macro before combat.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I want some input on my spirit&stats overall, I've been following askmrrobot all the way and we're progressing MSV heroic (at the moment we're on Feng) so I turn to you other restodruids out there, what has worked best for you? Iam currently on 10115 spirit. Armory is in the sig.

Deleted
    The most important bit for Feng hc is to remember to spec into ursols vortex and typhoon to deal with the adds. If you forget to do this your raidleader shouts at you.
    Otherwise there is nothing about the fight that requires a different gem/reforge from the standard advice.

Deleted
    I'm on 5/6 HC in MSV (cleared HoF and Terrace normal, but now focusing on clearing MSV HC).
    I personally only have about 8K spirit, but even then, I don't seem to be struggling with mana, and on some fights still have 30-40% remaining at the end.
    Some fights we 3 heal (stone guard hc, feng hc), but the others we have 2 healed (gara'jal hc, spirit kings hc, elegon hc). And in all honesty I think spirit kings hc is 1 healable. Not sure I wanna try just yet though...
    I've had a look around at some of the top guilds in the world, and their druids all seem to have 11k spirit. I can only assume the later heroics are really tough on healers, but for MSV heroics, 8K seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Hey guys, I want some input on my spirit&stats overall, I've been following askmrrobot all the way and we're progressing MSV heroic (at the moment we're on Feng) so I turn to you other restodruids out there, what has worked best for you? Iam currently on 10115 spirit. Armory is in the sig.
    I did all of MSV heroic yesterday with 7250 spirit (armory link in sig). I also got a ranking on Feng hc (log).

IMO spirit is highly overrated and int is way more important. I always use int flask and food and try to optimize my gear for max mastery after haste breakpoint. This way I have 26k SP unbuffed as well as 5200 mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    I did all of MSV heroic yesterday with 7250 spirit (armory link in sig). I also got a ranking on Feng hc (log).

IMO spirit is highly overrated and int is way more important. I always use int flask and food and try to optimize my gear for max mastery after haste breakpoint. This way I have 26k SP unbuffed as well as 5200 mastery.
    I currently hold rank 1 on feng log, and that was with 10k ish spirit.

Obviously to get that rank, my healing partner was a 470 ilvl alt... so he allowed me to heal more than usual.. but if i had say 7.2k spirit i woulda gone oom.

7-8k spirit is enough spirit for 5/6 MSV, but when u start getting to stuff like wil of emp, 1st couple HOF u wanan start moving up to around 8-9k.. then when you get to the end boss's, like empress, protectors etc u wanna try move to above 10-11k spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    7-8k spirit is enough spirit for 5/6 MSV, but when u start getting to stuff like wil of emp, 1st couple HOF u wanan start moving up to around 8-9k.. then when you get to the end boss's, like empress, protectors etc u wanna try move to above 10-11k spirit
    Couldn't agree more, all the first 5 MV HM fights seem a lot more about burst than longevity.

Empress and protectors I did with 8k without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    I'm running 7.5k spirit and it's really enough. If I was to switch to 10k+, my healing would suffer a lot because the massive amount of mastery is worth a lot more than the few spells this spirit lets you cast more. However, it's important to use two regen trinkets (static int and spirit proc is best).

Your resto is simply doing it wrong, it's not the spirit. He might of course still be doing it wrong stat-wise, if you give us his armory we can tell you. If you have logs, we can tell you what he's doing wrong healing-wise.

Haste will be better until a certain point (i'm at 5730 SOTF - if you got the gear ofcourse), Mastery is just the cherry on top for this tier. I doubt it's the other way round. And btw, i'm pretty sure alot of people will be stress about mana when they progress thru H-Empress onwards to Heroic Terrace (Protector, Tsu) with 7.5k spirit. Getting more spirit isn't always a bad thing, its just a safe guard to not go oom. A Oom healer is a deadweight in the raid. Just saying.

Deleted
    Please please please stop telling people they have the wrong amount of spirit.
    For sure if they link logs tell them they have thier spell selection wrong.
    Tell them they have their other stats wrong.
    But you are not in their raid group
    Yuu don't know their healing partners.
    You don't know how much people stand in fire.
    You don't know how good their tanks are.
    The rule for spirit is (assuming you have good spell selection which is a big assumtion)
    If you never get close to oom you have too much.
    If you constantly run oom before the end of fights you have not enough.
    As you get better you will find u can cope with less spirit.
    As your raid get better you will need less spirit.
    When stuff goes wrong you might wish you had a bit more spirit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    Empress and protectors I did with 8k without any problems.
    I never said it wasnt do-able at 8k, I just said i felt more comfortable boosting my spirit to 10-11k for the higher end boss's. as mentioned above, theres a lot of different factors... like your trinkets, your healer partner, how much damage your raid takes, how you personally heal etc.

for example, if u have a shaman as ur healing partner, you could quite easily drop a lot of spirit because totem is a lot of regene vs say a monk healing partner who gives u nothing.

the darkmoon card and tsulong trinket are huge mana regene trinkets vs say the 1min on use trinkets

theres no straight rule for spirit, u play with whatever u find is the best for you!

Yes but you told them to move up to 10-11k for further bosses, I was just trying to make the point that it isn't necessarily needed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    my current stats after we killed heroic lei shi yesterday -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Skheals/simple
    I tried both way, going throughput and going full spirit and this is better with spirit at the end.

If you play normal mode no need to go full spirit fight doesnt require that much healings so aim throughput.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    Yes but you told them to move up to 10-11k for further bosses, I was just trying to make the point that it isn't necessarily needed.
    I never told anyone to do any thing, i just said that for MSV i was at about 8k, then around 9-10k for the 5-10 HCs, then 10-11k for the final 6....

Ive actually reforged some spirit into mastery now and run with just 10k spirit for a bit more thro put

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    That's the bit I am on about, perhaps it is just how I am reading it. The main point I am trying to make is whatever spirit works for you may not work for another healer and telling them that they need a certain amount is a mistake. I raid with 8k and would suggest to people that it is worth a try at that but if they prefer the cushion of more that is fine.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zdignity View Post
    my current stats after we killed heroic lei shi yesterday -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Skheals/simple
    I tried both way, going throughput and going full spirit and this is better with spirit at the end.

If you play normal mode no need to go full spirit fight doesnt require that much healings so aim throughput.
    I would at least change the JC gem for an int gem 160int > 160spi, at least I cannot see you weighting spirit one for one against int. How much mana are you finishing fights with?

I'm clearing heroic modes and running just under 8k and 2 healing a lot of fights. I'm very good at cd usage and omen procs. There is no set value that people need to 'hit' everyone is different and not only that but everyones raid setup is different. In my group we have an ele shammie with ancestral guidance, boomie with NV, shadow priest and a few other with similar abilities. More to the point they used them appropriately and works well, so for me healing my team 8k spirit is fine. But other people may have dps with limited healing cds or just bad dps who want to pew pew.

There's always a lot more to the 'how much spirit i need?' then just yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by felis View Post
    The most important bit for Feng hc is to remember to spec into ursols vortex and typhoon to deal with the adds. If you forget to do this your raidleader shouts at you.
    Otherwise there is nothing about the fight that requires a different gem/reforge from the standard advice.
    Ignore this. Knockbacks are a terrible idea for Feng, and Ursol's Vortex is even worse. The time it takes the adds to get from the opposite end of the platform (if your raid is positioning correctly) to the shield is approximately the same amount of time it takes for the shield to just suck the adds in anyway (if you have slows up). Knockbacks fuck melee as they get pushed instantly out of range, and cause directional problems (utterly mess with people casting something at the wrong time).

Ursol's Vortex is even worse because they won't pull back all the adds at the same time. The spell's inconsistency will completely screw up the relative positions of the adds, and suddenly they won't be stacked anymore. This is the absolute worst thing you can do in that phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    We kill the adds so quick, and shield every other one. I don't even know if we gorefiends them anymore. It shouldn't require any Druid cc.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre