Thread: LnL and ES dot

10+ Year Old Account

LnL and ES dot

what is the math behind the DoT component of ES in terms of firing back to back ES. Yes the DoT refreshes but I am wondering if delaying ES for the DoT to fall off and putting in a CoS or AS in between ES would yield more damage. In other words my question really is "Does the DoT of an ES stack in damage from LnL proc or just refreshes duration"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    what is the math behind the DoT component of ES in terms of firing back to back ES. Yes the DoT refreshes but I am wondering if delaying ES for the DoT to fall off and putting in a CoS or AS in between ES would yield more damage. In other words my question really is "Does the DoT of an ES stack in damage from LnL proc or just refreshes duration"
    It was reworked to work like Ignite does for Mages in MoP. Therefore any damage you would gain from additional ticks you now get from a high damage single explosive shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    It was reworked to work like Ignite does for Mages in MoP. Therefore any damage you would gain from additional ticks you now get from a high damage single explosive shot.
    thnx for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    I've got no clue what you're trying to say with the high damage single explo.

Anyway, this is how it works.
    Exploshot nowadays is a Direcht hit + a 2 second dot. blizzard allows refreshed dots to have an increased duration of (ticks + 1), and that also applies to the Explodot.
    That means, that when Explodot lasts 1 second and your Exploshot hits, the dot gets extended to 3 seconds. nothing lost, damage just delayed.
    Now if you cast the third Exploshot, it hits when the dot has still 2 seconds left. Now we know that it can extend up to a max of 3 seconds, but 2 (left duration) + 2 (new explo) is 4. what happens to the 4th dottick? All 4 dotticks get summed up, and divided into the 3 maximal dotticks, doing 4/3 of a explodottick each.

Example:
    Second 0: Explo hits, doing 15k damage. Dotduration: 2sec (at 15k)
    Second 1: Second Explo hits, doing 15k damage. Dotdamage: 15k. Dotduration: 3sec (at 15k)
    Second 2: Third Explo hits, doing 15k damage. Dotdamage 15k. Dotduration: (3sec, 1second trimmed, thus 4*15k/3 = 20k per tick)
    Second 3: Dotdamage 20k. Dotduration 2sec (at 20k)
    Second 4: Dotdamage 20k. Dotduration 1sec (at 20k)
    Second 5: Dotdamage 20k. Nu duration left.

hope you understand what I'm trying to say ^^
    The only advantage of not firing them back to back is in getting one additional dot tick, which may procc trinkets, but would delay Explo, which we should never do!
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2013-02-05 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Wich means you can just spam all 3 shots in a row ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunos View Post
    Wich means you can just spam all 3 shots in a row ?
    Yes /10chars