Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Nah he was supposed to be in Ulduar, but Yogg-Saron is almost everywhere under Northrend that's all.
    During Blizzcon 07 (i think) Blizzard said that there's an Old God in Azjol-Nerub and that the Nerubian & Old Gods are BFF's.

Secondly, Yogg-Saron's Place was supposed to be below Vordrassil (As a Sidenote, there is a Dead end in Vordrassil that looks like some kind of Cave entrance), that part however was a remainder of the Plan that Yogg was supposed to be in Azjol-Nerub, not Ulduar, however it was a major point of Grizzly Hills lore, remaking and explaining that giant broken tree would have been harder to explain.

and a statement from BlizzCon 07:

"One of our jobs as adventurers is to explore Ajol;Nerub to see what is there. We will find something bigger and ancient and... ok it's obviously one of the old gods. Ok, we've already let that out of the bag. (laughter)"

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/08/04/bl...anel-liveblog/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Looks amazing.

Do many people still create/play new maps and stuff in Warcraft 3? I have a dozen campaigns and maps that I never finished because I didnt think anyone still played it.
    Yeah its still really popular dude, you just need a community - there's www.hiveworkshop.com which is the most popular, or if you want WoW models included, there's http://wcunderground.freeforums.org/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scard View Post
    The deeper parts of Azjol'Nerub were shut off during Wrath of the Lich King, which may explain why we don't see http://www.wowpedia.org/Nezar%27Azret
    Am I the only one reading "Status: Deceased"? We don't see Nezar'Azret cause she died in Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome work good job mate.

Blizzard should have merged old kingdom 5 man + Azjol 5 man then yay we have the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Am I the only one reading "Status: Deceased"? We don't see Nezar'Azret cause she died in Warcraft 3.
    She was killed yeah, but like Anub'arak, the lich king brings back his dead foes so that they fight for him, which is why we'll be fighting the Nerubians and their queen in my fan made project. We probably don't see her in Wrath of the Lich King because the halls of Azjol'Nerub are shut off, after they defeat the Forgotten One. However, in this project, Azjol'Nerub is re-opened and the lich king has enslaved them by bringing them back to "consciousness", so they are now in the exact same boat as Anub'arak. The Forgotten One will also be there.
    Last edited by mmoce83f9088fd; 2013-02-06 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does this thread not have 200 replies already? Half of them from me? I remember writing an AN raid concept like this was what led me to do my expansion idea.

The layout of the raid looks really cool - the nerubian wing is very city-like with all the nerubian buildings and shrines and the wide street lanes. Very much what I would have liked to see from an Azjol-Nerub zone - sprawling spider-cities.

So I presume that Nezar'Azret will be the regular end-boss and the Forgotten One slain(?) by Arthas will be the heroic mode only boss in the 'Crypt of the Forgotten' area. And Anub'Arak's going to be in there somewhere as well. Any chance of a more complete boss list?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorthal View Post
    Not sure about daily hub but it was suppose to be a zone.

"And when you can't go overland? Go under, through the underground cavern of Azjol-Nerub, home of the spiderlike Nerubian race that was one of the first to succumb en masse to Arthas' Scourge (old-school WarCraft players know them as Crypt Fiends and Crypt Lords). "It's going to be exterior terrain, but underground," says Stockton of World of WarCraft's first subterranean zone. "It'll feel like you're in a cave, but it'll be gigantic. Buildings, temples -- a look and feel very similar to Naxxramas, since [the Nerubians] are where the Scourge stole that architecture from." "

Sorry cant post links.

www(dot)1up(dot)com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3163178
    TY. I am shocked I missed this.

The should have just made Old Kingdom a raid since nobody ever wanted to run that thing because it was so long.

Deleted
    Added a boss list in the original post, there will be 20 bosses altogether spread out over the 5 portions of the raid Work on the first boss in the Nerubian wing is underway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, damn, that's a lot of bosses. I'll definitely keep an eye on this for updates.

Deleted
    Added the following video to the OP: Boss 1 Xilik and Viszara (5 MAN NORMAL):

Next boss, Anub'anez is being planned right now

Deleted
    Shame they never actually made it a raid since the whole azjol nerub setting is quite interesting but this looks cool

Azjol Nerub, War of the Ancients, Abyssal Maw.

Blizzard always pussies out of what would probably each expansions best respective content. With no 'backstory' to MoP and beyond however, it's unlikely they will ever do it again; not least because there are no raids that can be pussied out of on account of the fact that each one is a new (lore) experience.

Deleted
    2nd boss is done already! Knocking them out quite quickly now ^^, added the following video to the OP, showing Boss 2 - Anub'anez on 5 man Normal difficulty.

Awwe man, I use to make things like these! I wish I could help you but my computer is broken, I cant even play WoW anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, cool, nice to see it's progressing.

Is there any chance you've got a dungeon journal thingy for these bosses? I'd love to have a look at how WoW-esque mechanics are being translated into the WC3 engine. Plus it's a little hard to pick out what the bosses are doing from the attacks of the player characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Cool, cool, nice to see it's progressing.

Is there any chance you've got a dungeon journal thingy for these bosses? I'd love to have a look at how WoW-esque mechanics are being translated into the WC3 engine. Plus it's a little hard to pick out what the bosses are doing from the attacks of the player characters.
    I was going to do one in the Quest tab of the release version, and i'd probably release a word-formatted one also, however, there's no point in releasing a new one each time i make a boss, instead i'll do it all at the end. Unfortunately, thats 18 bosses away haha, i will however describe the bosses' abilities when i upload them now.

(The 2nd boss fires a locust storm on targets other than the tank, so i move the group when the warning appears to ensure all the storms are grouped up, reason being, is because each storm spawns 1 locust which attacks players, healing Anub'anez each time they attack and with an enrage timer, you need to ensure you kill locusts quickly)

Maybe we will see some more of it when / if northrend ever gets revamped, maybe the Nerubian Queen will step forth, who knows. I was thinking about including Yogg Saron in this, however, instead, i've opted for the Forgotten One that is confronted in Warcraft 3, i've always thought of the two as separate entities.
    Lorewise, the queen is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to do one in the Quest tab of the release version, and i'd probably release a word-formatted one also, however, there's no point in releasing a new one each time i make a boss, instead i'll do it all at the end. Unfortunately, thats 18 bosses away haha, i will however describe the bosses' abilities when i upload them now.
    Gotcha. Lookin' forwards to it!

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Lorewise, the queen is dead.
    Oh dear, there's no getting around that... in this fantasy setting full of necromancers and undead monsters...

She was killed yeah, but like Anub'arak, the lich king brings back his dead foes so that they fight for him, which is why we'll be fighting the Nerubians and their queen in my fan made project.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Azjol Nerub, War of the Ancients, Abyssal Maw.

Blizzard always pussies out of what would probably each expansions best respective content. With no 'backstory' to MoP and beyond however, it's unlikely they will ever do it again; not least because there are no raids that can be pussied out of on account of the fact that each one is a new (lore) experience.
    Erm, we got War of the Ancients?

Sure, it's a 5 man and not a raid, but a raid wasn't really necessary.