Question CPU Fan Error / Overclocking CPU

This is a two part thread / help request.

Part 1: Newly Acquired CPU Fan Error On Bootup

Recently I purchased several new components for my computer. One of these said components is a Corsair Hydro Series H80i Water Cooler. I have it installed properly and it seems to be functioning extremely well with my limited knowledge. (SpeedFan displayed temps ranging from 25C - 33C). However I have the new issue as titled: I get a CPU Fan Error on boot. For clarification purposes I am currently on an ASUS Sabertooth 55i mobo. Any clue / guidance to resolve this issue would be appreciated. I don't really like "Pressing F1 to continue" each time I have to restart / boot up my computer.

Part 2: Overclocking My CPU

With said hardware above I also have an Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8Ghz LGA 1156 95W Quard-Core CPU. How would I go about overclocking this or is it even possible / recommended? I'm not sure how high I would want to go or anything like that as I have never messed with Overclocking up to this point. The only other thing I can note to tell you is that my BIOS has an O.C. Profile manager. I'm presuming that stands for "Over Clock Profile Mananger" but, as I said, I don't know -- I haven't messed with that either and I haven't bothered to take a look at the owner's manual. (/facepalm...come to think of it....)

=======================

Anyway.... some help / tips / guidance would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    for part one, make sure that the CPU fan tachometer connector is plugged into the CPU fan port, im not sure if the new H80i has this, if not, go into the BIOS, and into the hardware monitoring section, fan speed, and set the cpu fan to ignore

i would look for a guide, basic overclocking is [(bus speed * multiplier) stabilized by voltage] it's more complicated than that, but you will want to look for guides and max safe settings for the first gen i7s quad cores