Deleted

Bioware deleting inactive characters?

Hello, I'd just like to ask if Bioware has a policy on deleting characters on an inactive account after a while since I couldn't find anything about it. I took about a 2 month break from playing and this week i logged on and all my characters just vanished off my account.
    Tried asking customer support but all they said was character restoration is only available if you sub and didn't actualy answer my question.

I'm almost certain that Bioware doesn't delete characters, especially for only 2-month break. I think I took 4-6 months off and my characters were there when I came back.

Did you try checking all the servers? Maybe there was a merge while you were gone and your characters got moved to a new server.

Deleted
    Nah, the characters are definetly gone. Started up the game and got the intro cinematic then straight into character creation. Checked the server where they were supposed to be and nothing, checked all the others and still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Nah, the characters are definetly gone. Started up the game and got the intro cinematic then straight into character creation. Checked the server where they were supposed to be and nothing, checked all the others and still nothing.
    Your only remaining option if you want to get your characters back is to get on the phone and hope they will work with you.

It's not a good option, but that's all you have left.

That's quite strange though, I've never really heard about anything like this happening : /

I took a seven month break from SWTOR, and when I got back to finish up my Sith Inquisitor and Bounty hunter story lines, my characters where still very much there.
    The only thing I noticed about their inactivity, was that they where flagged for name change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Deleted
    I'l pass on calling them, already gone through phone support hell when I tried to convince them to unlock my original account when I got it locked because I couldn't remember one of my secret answers. >.>
    Too bad, was halfway through the agent story for the second time, I'l just level up something else for now.